Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
cherlyn_ai
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 30 Jan 2010

Postby cherlyn_ai » Sat, 30 Jan 2010 10:13 pm

barney88 wrote:hello, is anyone going to the feb walk-in at penang ?
hi barney, im goin too! :)

cherlyn_ai
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 30 Jan 2010

Postby cherlyn_ai » Sat, 30 Jan 2010 11:29 pm

hello im new here. anyone going for the penang interview on this feb?? this is my 1st time and im so nervous. any advice?

oldhag
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 28 Jan 2010

Postby oldhag » Sat, 30 Jan 2010 11:38 pm

Hi all,just discovered this forum thru a friend.From the posts here,it seems that only people in their 20s or younger are selected. Does it mean that people in their 30s hv no hope of getting in? :cry:

CabinCrewKristine
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri, 29 Jan 2010
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby CabinCrewKristine » Sun, 31 Jan 2010 2:36 am

namron02 wrote:
I don't think anyone could know the reason that cause the elimination unless its obvious during the interview like you stumbled a lot or you didn't talk much or your body gesture all over the place.

They won't tell you why you're eliminated and I've seen people who looked the part, spoke very well, great figure but didn't get through.

I've never believed in luck but I did after I went for the interview. It's luck. I mean, you could be interviewed by interviewer A and don't get through but say you could rewind time and be interviewed by interviewer B and you get through, then you know, it depends.


luck may be one of the factor but then again.. alot of things depends on how you present yourself to the interviewer and their first impression of you.

The way you answer and the answer you give will also help give you an edge over others... sometimes.. it is really the little things that separate you from the crowd.

I mean... If the "tips" I gave my friends allow them to get through just 1 single try... it can't be all luck right ? well.. maybe.. but then again.. depends... at least it'll help increase the chances =P

and yes, I heard the swim test is taken out and changed to a game session.
Tons of Cabin Crew Tips - http://siacabincrew.wordpress.com

kissibee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu, 28 Jan 2010

Postby kissibee » Sun, 31 Jan 2010 3:31 am

hi everyone.. im doing my degreee now.. and will only complete when im 24 years old.. will it lower my chances of getting in SIA cabin crew? im really worried that everyday my chances are lesser and lesser =(
will age matter alot? is there a way that i can go for interview now, and if approve, join them once i graduate?

User avatar
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby Abercrombie » Sun, 31 Jan 2010 8:03 am

No certainty here, but if you are below 28 you stand a good chance, above that your chances are slim but not nil (just from what I had observed in the trainee population) :)

CabinCrewKristine
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri, 29 Jan 2010
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby CabinCrewKristine » Sun, 31 Jan 2010 3:28 pm

kissibee wrote:hi everyone.. im doing my degreee now.. and will only complete when im 24 years old.. will it lower my chances of getting in SIA cabin crew? im really worried that everyday my chances are lesser and lesser =(
will age matter alot? is there a way that i can go for interview now, and if approve, join them once i graduate?


At 24, after you graduate, it is a nice age to go try for the Interview.

and you can go try them 3 months before your graduation. They will slot you in the next training class when you are selected so you don't neccessary have to wait till your "exact graduation day" then apply for it.


Kristine
Tons of Cabin Crew Tips - http://siacabincrew.wordpress.com

dolcevita
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon, 16 Nov 2009

Postby dolcevita » Sun, 31 Jan 2010 9:26 pm

i thought the age limit is 27?

namron02
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 13 Jan 2010

Postby namron02 » Sun, 31 Jan 2010 10:54 pm

CabinCrewKristine wrote:
namron02 wrote:
I don't think anyone could know the reason that cause the elimination unless its obvious during the interview like you stumbled a lot or you didn't talk much or your body gesture all over the place.

They won't tell you why you're eliminated and I've seen people who looked the part, spoke very well, great figure but didn't get through.

I've never believed in luck but I did after I went for the interview. It's luck. I mean, you could be interviewed by interviewer A and don't get through but say you could rewind time and be interviewed by interviewer B and you get through, then you know, it depends.


luck may be one of the factor but then again.. alot of things depends on how you present yourself to the interviewer and their first impression of you.

The way you answer and the answer you give will also help give you an edge over others... sometimes.. it is really the little things that separate you from the crowd.

I mean... If the "tips" I gave my friends allow them to get through just 1 single try... it can't be all luck right ? well.. maybe.. but then again.. depends... at least it'll help increase the chances =P

and yes, I heard the swim test is taken out and changed to a game session.


Yea true. I didn't know swim test is taken out. Really? You mean no swim test at all? Not even after med check up? Game session is 2nd round.

namron02
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 13 Jan 2010

Postby namron02 » Sun, 31 Jan 2010 11:01 pm

Oh yes, not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but the January recruitment, the last round, i.e the management round, its NOT individual interview.

4 applicants would go into the same room, 2 interviewers and it's NOT about you, your history etc. They'll pair you up, and then introduce your partner to the other two, after which the interviewers would give you a scenario/topic and give you a minute to discuss with your partner and they you have to kinda debate it with the other team. Then you wait outside for the results.

I wonder if they sticking to it for the next recruitment.

yellowpig
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat, 12 Jan 2008
Contact:

Postby yellowpig » Mon, 01 Feb 2010 12:54 am

=)
Last edited by yellowpig on Thu, 21 Oct 2010 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kissibee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu, 28 Jan 2010

Postby kissibee » Mon, 01 Feb 2010 1:23 am

CabinCrewKristine wrote:
kissibee wrote:hi everyone.. im doing my degreee now.. and will only complete when im 24 years old.. will it lower my chances of getting in SIA cabin crew? im really worried that everyday my chances are lesser and lesser =(
will age matter alot? is there a way that i can go for interview now, and if approve, join them once i graduate?


At 24, after you graduate, it is a nice age to go try for the Interview.

and you can go try them 3 months before your graduation. They will slot you in the next training class when you are selected so you don't neccessary have to wait till your "exact graduation day" then apply for it.


Kristine


thank you kristine.
I ever had the thought of quitting my studies and proceed to the interview now.. however after much considerations, i really need my degree cert.. would like to know if there is an age limit? (:

barney88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 28 Jan 2010
Location: malaysia

Postby barney88 » Mon, 01 Feb 2010 1:24 am

thanks for the encouragement :)
i was in the january walk-in but i failed in the 1st round, that was my first time. i think im going to penang for 2nd attempt.

namron02
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 13 Jan 2010

Postby namron02 » Mon, 01 Feb 2010 2:34 am

yellowpig wrote:Hi all,

im just wondering if lets say my last exam paper is on May.. but i will only receive my cert end of the year (ard october), can i still go for the march walk in ? i know you can go 3 mths before u graduate.. but im not sure if they need to see our certificates !

TIA !! :D


They will need to see your certificates. My friend's group, only him and another guy got through the 1st round. After that, they need to validate their certs which this other guy didn't have. He was graduating soon and would receive the certs soon but they didn't let him through. He then asked if he can come back with the certs next recruitment and go straight to round 2 and was also told that it's not possible.

I suggest you get your certs first before going. Don't worry, heard there'll be a number of recruitments this year.

CabinCrewKristine
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri, 29 Jan 2010
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby CabinCrewKristine » Mon, 01 Feb 2010 2:43 am

kissibee wrote:
thank you kristine.
I ever had the thought of quitting my studies and proceed to the interview now.. however after much considerations, i really need my degree cert.. would like to know if there is an age limit? (:


Yes... your study and your degree is more important in this case. So, I do encourage you to get your degree first my dear.

^^
Tons of Cabin Crew Tips - http://siacabincrew.wordpress.com


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest