Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
natalatte
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue, 02 Oct 2007
Location: singapore

Postby natalatte » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 7:10 am

kissibee wrote:
felixtwp wrote:hello everyone!!! hey just wana check.. is it true that sq prefer recruting ppl with no previous airline experience rather than those with airline exp?


hi felixwp, you are planning to join sq?
i heard they prefer recruiting ppl with no exp becos its easier to train newbies? i had a friend who wanted to switch from Tiger airways but however didnt made it through the sq interviews..


i'm not too sure abt it, but i used to fly for JAL and i got in.
♥ A great way to fly ♥

maine21
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue, 10 Nov 2009

Postby maine21 » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 9:30 am

Dear All

SQ is doing another Walk-In again in March. Do check out their website for more details.

cheers

barney88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 28 Jan 2010
Location: malaysia

Postby barney88 » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 12:50 pm

hello, is anyone going to the feb walk-in at penang ?

feedah22
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 28 Jan 2010

Postby feedah22 » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 2:05 pm

hi.. anyone going for the sia interview in march?
-fie-

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri, 13 Nov 2009
Location: sg

Postby crunkbabee » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 2:21 pm

feedah22 wrote:hi.. anyone going for the sia interview in march?


yes i deftly am! :) are you going too?

feedah22
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 28 Jan 2010

Postby feedah22 » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 2:24 pm

i want to! is this your first time? :D
-fie-

feedah22
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 28 Jan 2010

Postby feedah22 » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 2:26 pm

crunkbabee wrote:
feedah22 wrote:hi.. anyone going for the sia interview in march?


yes i deftly am! :) are you going too?


i want to! is this your first time?
-fie-

roaringqueen
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 25 Jan 2010
Contact:

Postby roaringqueen » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 5:24 pm

eunicelee wrote:hey. im 19 too. i went fot the january interview. now they are doing recruitment massively in singapore,malaysia,china and japan.. who is coming to the penang recruitment???!!!!!!!!!



so are you one of them that will start training together with me.
since we are both 19 :)

sammiii
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 28 Jan 2010

Postby sammiii » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 5:42 pm

hello yall, been following this forum for sometime now, and it's been really helpful! thanks yall for sharing your very valuable experiences.

anyway, i went for the interview on 10th Jan and cleared all rounds, and received the call this morning informing me that i have successfully cleared my medical check-up.

i have yet to give the exact date of my availability, and i was just wondering if anyone here know when the next training date is, after 18th Feb 2010? a fellow applicant who went for the interview with me is starting on 18th Feb 2010.

i would appreciate greatly if any of you have any such information regarding this matter.

thanks!

Gnip
Regular
Regular
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon, 01 Sep 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Gnip » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 7:20 pm

barney88 wrote:hello, is anyone going to the feb walk-in at penang ?


It's only for Malaysian citizens. :(
Helloo! (:

eunicelee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 16 Dec 2009

Postby eunicelee » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 9:06 pm

roaringqueen wrote:
eunicelee wrote:hey. im 19 too. i went fot the january interview. now they are doing recruitment massively in singapore,malaysia,china and japan.. who is coming to the penang recruitment???!!!!!!!!!



so are you one of them that will start training together with me.
since we are both 19 :)



i wish!!! i didnt even pass the 2nd round.

charmaiin
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue, 15 Dec 2009

Postby charmaiin » Fri, 29 Jan 2010 12:45 am

sammiii wrote:
i have yet to give the exact date of my availability, and i was just wondering if anyone here know when the next training date is, after 18th Feb 2010? a fellow applicant who went for the interview with me is starting on 18th Feb 2010.



hello babe, i heard the latest training on the schedule is 1mar. the rest have not been planned yet, hence the new trg dates will only be available in march. i will also only be graduating in may, hence have not received my trg date, but i've been told i'll be called up in mar to be informed of my training date once the schedule is confirmed.

User avatar
natalatte
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue, 02 Oct 2007
Location: singapore

Postby natalatte » Fri, 29 Jan 2010 1:38 am

sammiii wrote:hello yall, been following this forum for sometime now, and it's been really helpful! thanks yall for sharing your very valuable experiences.

anyway, i went for the interview on 10th Jan and cleared all rounds, and received the call this morning informing me that i have successfully cleared my medical check-up.

i have yet to give the exact date of my availability, and i was just wondering if anyone here know when the next training date is, after 18th Feb 2010? a fellow applicant who went for the interview with me is starting on 18th Feb 2010.

i would appreciate greatly if any of you have any such information regarding this matter.

thanks!


23rd feb
♥ A great way to fly ♥

CabinCrewKristine
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri, 29 Jan 2010
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby CabinCrewKristine » Fri, 29 Jan 2010 3:43 am

natalatte wrote:
kissibee wrote:
felixtwp wrote:hello everyone!!! hey just wana check.. is it true that sq prefer recruting ppl with no previous airline experience rather than those with airline exp?


hi felixwp, you are planning to join sq?
i heard they prefer recruiting ppl with no exp becos its easier to train newbies? i had a friend who wanted to switch from Tiger airways but however didnt made it through the sq interviews..


i'm not too sure abt it, but i used to fly for JAL and i got in.


I have a lot of friends who were previously from other airlines.. so i guess the rumour is fake.

SQ is an airline of fairness and integrity. I guess your friend din make it cos they fail to answer the question SQ wanted... I mean.. afterall.. SQ IS the No.1 Airline in the world.

----

Sammiii,

Most probably you can call up to ask when your training will start. The training normally staggered one week after another... I remember at my time.. each week comes a different batch.

and if you are starting your training.. hee.. congratulations on landing the best job in the world ^^

Kristine
http://siacabincrew.wordpress.com
Tons of Cabin Crew Tips - http://siacabincrew.wordpress.com

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Fri, 29 Jan 2010 4:50 am

Kristine,
Welcome to the forum please understand the ruling over signatures is they should be one line or one icon. Might be an idea to use the address of your blog in your signature - that's permissible.


Plavt.

Moderator.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest