Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pho87
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat, 16 Jan 2010
Location: Singapore

Postby pho87 » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 2:36 am

charmaiin: well i do hope they get back to us soon ! cuz it's too much suspense each weekday from morning to evening, waiting for their number to ring...

thing is, for my group, three out of four of us are able to start immed if medical's ok. (myself included). but still nothing yet. ah. patience, patience... :)

el-chan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun, 15 Nov 2009

Postby el-chan » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 1:04 pm

redhead wrote:solo flight doesn't mean you are the only cabin crew who will handle all the pax, it means you are not on your SNY<supernumerary> in which you'll be guided , solo flight means you are on your own.. doing same work as the other crews for that flight..so better listen and understand everything you can absorb during SNY. ;)


haha ok... thanks for clarifying... cause the name solo made me think that the whole plane is urs.. hahaha... so basically, solo flight means ur actual first day of work and no more training yeah?? lol... thanks!!! :D

soul0708
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu, 14 Jan 2010

Postby soul0708 » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 5:23 pm

hi charmaiin, jus wanted to ask u highlighted to them that you r onli able to start in may during the final interview aft you are told that you are accepted and they are ok with it?

pho87
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat, 16 Jan 2010
Location: Singapore

Postby pho87 » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 5:42 pm

hi everyone, i just got my medical clearance call this evening ! so i am confirmed ! :)
as i can start immed, my training begins on feb 8. well right now i just have to settle my part-time degree studies (considering 2 year deferment, but have to speak to academic consultant) and how to break the news to my parents (yes, they don't know i went for the sia interviews lol)...
very relieved the waiting is over...

multitasker
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun, 22 Nov 2009

Postby multitasker » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 6:19 pm

WOW.. tt's gd for u congrats!!!

charmaiin
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue, 15 Dec 2009

Postby charmaiin » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:12 pm

soul0708 wrote:hi charmaiin, jus wanted to ask u highlighted to them that you r onli able to start in may during the final interview aft you are told that you are accepted and they are ok with it?


hello! no actually on the walk-in form you need to indicate ur available period.. so i wrote may.. and during my 2nd round the interviewer did ask me (among many other questions) when i can start.. and in the final round also they asked again..

so even before i finished my rounds of interview i already told them i can only start in may.. and yup, its fine (: cos they have sth called a "waiting pool" where they just shelve ur applic first.. till u are avail den they will put u into the batch that is starting around ur avail period..

charmaiin
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue, 15 Dec 2009

Postby charmaiin » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:14 pm

pho87 wrote:hi everyone, i just got my medical clearance call this evening ! so i am confirmed ! :)


congrats pho!! my friend also got his call today and will be starting same date as u! :) i guess i've to wait till next week then! (:

pho87
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat, 16 Jan 2010
Location: Singapore

Postby pho87 » Sat, 23 Jan 2010 1:38 am

thanks multitasker and charmaiin !!!!! :)

User avatar
natalatte
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue, 02 Oct 2007
Location: singapore

Postby natalatte » Sat, 23 Jan 2010 9:17 am

charmaiin wrote:
pho87 wrote:hi everyone, i just got my medical clearance call this evening ! so i am confirmed ! :)


congrats pho!! my friend also got his call today and will be starting same date as u! :) i guess i've to wait till next week then! (:


who is starting on 8feb??? ken philip??
♥ A great way to fly ♥

soul0708
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu, 14 Jan 2010

Postby soul0708 » Sat, 23 Jan 2010 12:46 pm

charmaiin wrote:
soul0708 wrote:hi charmaiin, jus wanted to ask u highlighted to them that you r onli able to start in may during the final interview aft you are told that you are accepted and they are ok with it?


hello! no actually on the walk-in form you need to indicate ur available period.. so i wrote may.. and during my 2nd round the interviewer did ask me (among many other questions) when i can start.. and in the final round also they asked again..

so even before i finished my rounds of interview i already told them i can only start in may.. and yup, its fine (: cos they have sth called a "waiting pool" where they just shelve ur applic first.. till u are avail den they will put u into the batch that is starting around ur avail period..


icic.. congrats! so hav they given you ur training date for may? or will they only inform you when its nearer to may?

derenla
Member
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat, 23 Jan 2010

Postby derenla » Sat, 23 Jan 2010 1:18 pm

hi all. im new in this forum. have been reading all the past 20+ pages to get hold of the situation. im currently in my final yr in studying for my deg. i will be gradutating in may but will have to go for attachment (school's requirement) which will only end in aug this year. so do you think i shld go for any interview (should there be any upcoming ones)? cos i did heard that SQ will fail people who cannot commit within a certain months even though they've passed all the rounds. thanks! :)

and pho87! congrats on your acceptance. im also having obvious scoliosis problem and it can be seen from my uneven wasitline. im just wondering how serious is yours and do you know your degree of curvature? i think i would be really devasted if i couldnt live my dream cos of my spinal problem, which like some of you have mentioned, is not within my control.

pho87
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat, 16 Jan 2010
Location: Singapore

Postby pho87 » Sat, 23 Jan 2010 4:08 pm

thks derenla ! a groupmate who passed the final intvw together with me on jan 13 requested to start only in may, and that was accepted. :)

the only downside is that they seem to take a longer time to call you back. cuz the ones who had a longer notice period haven't been called up yet; only those in my group who could start immed were contacted ytdy.

so my guess is that they'll allow an acceptable notice period of a few mths - but i don't know what the exact max no. of mths is.

i don't know how serious my scoliosis is. in fact when i got my call ytday, the first thing the lady told me was i'd cleared my medical. and i was like, really? oh thank god! (i thought: wooh miracle!) and she was like, why are you surprised? lol.

i don't know the degree of my curvature. medical test results are confidential to sia. i'd always known there was a little slant in my hip area, but never really cared till i check the forums a few days b4 final interview and realised that some didn't clear med cuz of scoli. so that's when i got super worried ! so if you want you could spend a bit of money on getting the degree of curvature (called cobb's angle) checked. it'd spare you (a lot of) the anxiety !

also, you sound like a really nice and intelligent person, and i wish you all the best. :) rumours are sia has walk-in's every 2-3 mths. so just go all out ! i never expected to be able to clear all the rounds to get into sia, but i did ! a good dose of luck + determination i guess. oh but maybe more luck than anything else hehe :wink:

charmaiin
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue, 15 Dec 2009

Postby charmaiin » Sat, 23 Jan 2010 5:39 pm

natalatte wrote:
who is starting on 8feb??? ken philip??


our dearest josiah is starting 8feb! haha

charmaiin
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue, 15 Dec 2009

Postby charmaiin » Sat, 23 Jan 2010 5:41 pm

soul0708 wrote:icic.. congrats! so hav they given you ur training date for may? or will they only inform you when its nearer to may?


i guess they'll call to clear/fail ur medical within 2 weeks of ur checkup.. and then only inform u on ur training date around march/apr.. cos they need to make sure there are enough people in each batch lah (:

at least that's what i think! so yeah.. im still waiting for my medical clearance call.. till then, nothing is confirmed.. :)

charbt
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat, 23 Jan 2010
Location: Singapore

Postby charbt » Sat, 23 Jan 2010 11:07 pm

ryanmanutd wrote:
collete wrote:
ryanmanutd wrote:Hi Collete,

are you the malay girl wearing black dress?


nope, i was wearing white blouse and black pants.


icic, just asking. we will try harder next time...



Ryan, are you in one of the first groups during interview? There were 3/4 people who passed through the first Round in your group right? You guys were asked on what's your fav movie right?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests