Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
zxtangellove
Member
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri, 25 Sep 2009

Postby zxtangellove » Fri, 18 Dec 2009 10:55 am

cythx wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, I think this has been implemented quite some time. I think is since year 2008 or maybe earlier. :)


Maybe. But my friend who got in around july 2008 is on 2 years contract.
Wow i didn't know that it is 5 years. :o

tangerinetofu
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 23 Nov 2009
Location: singapore

Postby tangerinetofu » Fri, 18 Dec 2009 1:49 pm

my friend is in sia since 2008.. Her bond is 2 years but the whole contract is 5years. They might renew you after the 2 years but it depends on your performances and of course, if you want to continue. I think this has been clarified many times in past pages..
One day, I will fly away.

rurik0
Regular
Regular
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat, 13 Jan 2007

Postby rurik0 » Fri, 18 Dec 2009 8:06 pm

Hi Hi,

Correction: The bond is 2 years and contract is 5years. They will choose whether to renew ur contract, but you can choose to leave after 2years.

stormcrystal
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun, 25 Jan 2009
Location: Singapore

A question of age :)

Postby stormcrystal » Sat, 19 Dec 2009 3:46 am

Hello, I've got a question about age for the upcoming walk-in interview.

I am 29 years old right now and will turn 30 next April. I am aware that too young is not good and too old is taboo. I'm 1.72 cm tall and fit, jogs 5km about 4 days a week. I can speak some French, got blue belt in Aikido (not sure if it helps), can swim with diving (not sure if it helps again). Teacher of 5 years, worked in UK for 2 years, and just returned this year to teaching. But I really want to know if I have a chance of fulfilling this long time dream of mine.

So has anyone my age or over 30 ever been hired recently? Cos if there's absolutely no chance then I'd like to know now :???:

Many thanks in advance!

harajukugirl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed, 18 Oct 2006

Postby harajukugirl » Sat, 19 Dec 2009 8:11 am

Hi guys, just want to find out how many interviewers there are in the 1st round? Is it usually just 2?

maxiii
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 14 Dec 2009

Postby maxiii » Sat, 19 Dec 2009 2:42 pm

harajukugirl wrote:Hi guys, just want to find out how many interviewers there are in the 1st round? Is it usually just 2?

hello! i don't know about the others but theres 2 for my first round :)
hope it helps

harajukugirl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed, 18 Oct 2006

Postby harajukugirl » Sun, 20 Dec 2009 1:20 am

maxiii thanks for your reply! :)

duriancake
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri, 13 Nov 2009

Postby duriancake » Sun, 20 Dec 2009 1:51 am

Strong Eagle, i love your reality check.. if it's a challenge to deal with people like you, i am really looking forward.

first, i hope i would get a chance from sia though. haha!

stella_peng
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun, 12 Aug 2007

Postby stella_peng » Sun, 20 Dec 2009 3:44 am

Hi Strong Eagle & Plavt:

I am 24, came frm China 8 yrs ago, and got my PR in 07' after i graduated from poly. I did went on 12 Dec for interview, since the q was damn long, I approached the officer to check whether if I am entitled to apply, she gave me a very firm answer that i am not coz i must be a degree holder. However, i understood later frm my fren who is a ex crew that actually SIA do accept china crew who has the similar background as i do coz she has met.... #@$^*&^$#&(*

>.<

I really need your help to tell me shall I just go and give a try? or just give up until i get a degree after yrs.

Appreciate your help! Thanks in advance. :)
Dun cry coz it's over
Smile coz it's happened

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Sun, 20 Dec 2009 4:51 am

stella_peng wrote:Hi Strong Eagle & Plavt:


I really need your help to tell me shall I just go and give a try? or just give up until i get a degree after yrs.

Appreciate your help! Thanks in advance. :)



Get your degree, whether they accept you with it or not. The world in many ways is a very different place to what it was when either Strong Eagle or me were young. Consider this; after a few years of study you might not be interested in being a flight attendant since there are careers that pay more and are more long lasting, inside or outside the airline industry. More and more throughout the world societies are demanding both a degree and experience for individuals to acquire a job worth thinking about. Take care and I wish you every success. :)

trueblue
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 08 Dec 2009

Postby trueblue » Sun, 20 Dec 2009 12:14 pm

hi all,

I was not able to go for the 12 dec walk in but am very excited that they are going to have another walk-in on 10 Jan. May I know if anyone's going for that? It's my first application. However, I am worried that they will not accept my application because I am an undergraduate in a local uni(graduating in May). Any undergraduates applying as well?

stella_peng
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun, 12 Aug 2007

Postby stella_peng » Sun, 20 Dec 2009 11:38 pm

Plavt wrote:
stella_peng wrote:Hi Strong Eagle & Plavt:


I really need your help to tell me shall I just go and give a try? or just give up until i get a degree after yrs.

Appreciate your help! Thanks in advance. :)



Get your degree, whether they accept you with it or not. The world in many ways is a very different place to what it was when either Strong Eagle or me were young. Consider this; after a few years of study you might not be interested in being a flight attendant since there are careers that pay more and are more long lasting, inside or outside the airline industry. More and more throughout the world societies are demanding both a degree and experience for individuals to acquire a job worth thinking about. Take care and I wish you every success. :)


:( i was actually thinking to take a part time degree course if by chance i get in so that i get the job as i wish, earn more as well, and fulfill my study at the same time. haiz... anyway, thanks alot Plavt. mayb it's just a dream......
Dun cry coz it's over

Smile coz it's happened

cythx
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun, 16 Mar 2008

Postby cythx » Mon, 21 Dec 2009 9:25 am

zxtangellove wrote:Maybe. But my friend who got in around july 2008 is on 2 years contract.
Wow i didn't know that it is 5 years. :o


As what i know they can choose either 2 years contract or 5 years contract.
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

Shirini
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat, 31 Oct 2009

Postby Shirini » Mon, 21 Dec 2009 3:31 pm

Anyone went to the interview at STC today? How was it?
Sadly, I didnt get the interview invitation again although I queued up for 4 hours at Suntec.....

smurfieee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed, 26 Mar 2008
Contact:

Postby smurfieee » Tue, 22 Dec 2009 3:15 pm

cythx wrote:
zxtangellove wrote:Maybe. But my friend who got in around july 2008 is on 2 years contract.
Wow i didn't know that it is 5 years. :o


As what i know they can choose either 2 years contract or 5 years contract.


never heard of that...but i believe is 5yrs contract with 18-24mths bond(training inclusive) leave anytime before that and you need to pay the pro-rated of the amount.
::s.m.u.r.f.i.e.e.e::


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests