Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
twentyfour
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 16 Nov 2009

Postby twentyfour » Thu, 19 Nov 2009 5:06 am

Hey anw i think.. the kebaya should be more tight-fitting so it will accentuate the body curves.

very important part of kebaya round is " the walk". Try to practice walk 10m to one point, then turn around, walk back to starting point. But smile, relax, must have good posture (ask a friend who is good at pilates to help you see), smile smile smile!

Even if it feels scary with the spotlight in your face and eyes, you still must look at the interviewer.. smileeeee and say "thank you very much!!" As if you had really enjoyed every single process in the kebaya round... :D


*P.S. As for the red nails, it up to you lah, my personal experience is, it helped me to stand out. Out of 10 girls in the first round, the interviewer asked me a personal question. "Why i painted my nails red" I gave a small laugh.. hmmm... told him the truth that an auntie at SQ advised me that, and i had to rush it at 3am!!!(when the walk in was at 9am) Both of them smile, laugh back abit, and nodded their head.

some little things, IF you do it well and nicely, will allow you to stand out from the next girl. Find out what works for you.

(my philosophy when i went for my walk in is that i will look ready for the job already, so i groomed myself to look as alike as SQ girl.. put on some makeup..*lipstick* hair super neat etc.. hehe..

Most important is your personality lah. Imagine the day of the interview is the happiest day of your life and everyone you meet there are long lost friends you havent met in a super long time then just keep smiling and chatting with one another, be in a happy mood.. haha.. thats what happened for my group, and we helped calm each others nerves

dreamie10
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu, 12 Nov 2009

Postby dreamie10 » Thu, 19 Nov 2009 9:23 am

mouse wrote:me!

dreamie10 wrote:hi anyone on 25th nov 1.50pm??????????????????


hi can pm me your msn? i can't msg, not enough posts. :D

manukahoney
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue, 10 Nov 2009

Postby manukahoney » Thu, 19 Nov 2009 1:13 pm

Hi, I have a scar on my wrist. Brownish color. I apply covermark concealer which people say is quite good but end up, u still can see a pinky patch . Not sure is it I bought the wrong color.Should buy concealer with yellow tone in it.
My question is should we state that we have scar on the application form?Or let the beautician find out on their own? :???:

wiwik
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 13 Nov 2009

Re: too late?

Postby wiwik » Thu, 19 Nov 2009 2:32 pm

girlzz wrote:Someone in this forum mentioned that there might be another walk in interview on the 12 Dec. My friend said that usually there will a walk in after a write in (in the better times). So hopefully there will be one in Dec and you can use this one month or so to better prep yourself for the interviews?



Isnt its too late to apply now??Oh they are having another opening this Dec too??I hope they are having openings for 2010.I hate to wait and my age is catching up.Already now in my early 20's.Need some clarify,as for the qualifications,i have less than 5 credits for my O levels with a failed in English and a private diploma in Business.Do u think i meet the criteria??[/quote]

hi there,i'm indonesian but have PR in sg. i'm 23 years,160cm,46kg. anychance for me?pls advice. many thks

rily
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 19 Nov 2009

Postby rily » Thu, 19 Nov 2009 5:47 pm

Hi gals, anyone got interview on 24th Nov at 1010 am?

zxtangellove
Member
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri, 25 Sep 2009

Postby zxtangellove » Thu, 19 Nov 2009 6:15 pm

rily wrote:Hi gals, anyone got interview on 24th Nov at 1010 am?


Hi Girl, i've pm-ed. Do check :)

tangeve
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun, 08 Nov 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby tangeve » Thu, 19 Nov 2009 6:16 pm

zxtangellove wrote:
rily wrote:Hi gals, anyone got interview on 24th Nov at 1010 am?


Hi Girl, i've pm-ed. Do check :)


Wahaha babe, i PMed her too. We need more to booat some courage. :p

duriancake
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri, 13 Nov 2009

Postby duriancake » Thu, 19 Nov 2009 8:44 pm

MirageBomb wrote:There'll be many kebayas hanging off a rack, old stock tailored to other stewardesses' bodies.. largest fits about a size 8, but if u're curvier with bigger boobs (C cup and above) u'll have to suck it in to zip up fully.

You'll be made to stand in front of a huge, strong floor spotlight.. the examiner then walks around you for close inspection. Your hands and forearms will also be scrutinized under an equally strong light. My examiner came as close as about 20cm away from the face, and closer for the hands.

is that for walk in? heard STC is under normal light.. they also will go so near?

mouse wrote:they will let u choose by the stack of kebayas they provide. Most normal size girls will fit the uniforms. They comes with many sizes... some are with size tags some don't have. as for me, i have short legs so i always first grab and match against my legs length first. haha..then go try fast fast

huh? what if bigger size? can wait for the size to 'come' back? like maybe the person in front got the size u can wear.. can u wait for her to come back?
Last edited by duriancake on Thu, 19 Nov 2009 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

agathacherry
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 10 Nov 2009

Postby agathacherry » Thu, 19 Nov 2009 9:44 pm

manukahoney wrote:Hi, I have a scar on my wrist. Brownish color. I apply covermark concealer which people say is quite good but end up, u still can see a pinky patch . Not sure is it I bought the wrong color.Should buy concealer with yellow tone in it.
My question is should we state that we have scar on the application form?Or let the beautician find out on their own? :???:


Maybe you should try face concealer under the covermark concealer.

ssugarush
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue, 03 Nov 2009

Postby ssugarush » Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:07 pm

Good luck to all of you girls going mon 24th and 25th!
I won't be able to make it afterall =( Flight is 7 hours before interview.
oh wells hope theres gonna be a walk-in on the 12th of dec.
Keep this post alive with your outcome! All the best! =)

kquixoticallyme
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 19 Nov 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby kquixoticallyme » Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:16 pm

autumn-reverie wrote:
YrreP wrote:
icic.. was thinking whether to cover up the scars anot.. wah lao damn gan jiong alrdy.. lol.. any tips for the 1st timers? :D


Dear YrreP,

take it as a fun experience! :)

i've got some messages from other posters who are also worried about their skin not being flawless. I am in no position to give advice since i have bad skin myself, but I sincerely believe the most important thing is how you present yourself. If the judges want to hire you, the tiny "flaws" won't matter to them.

I personally have huge flaws- acne scars, chicken pox scars etc. and i am truly grateful they overlooked them.

Walk as graceful as you can in the kebaya, i think that's more impt. :)

All the best dearie!


Hello, this is my first time here and I have the interview on the 25th. I am extremely excited as I have been waiting for them to open up applications since I graduated in May. However, I am worried about a scar that I have on my lower arm as well as several small scars from my dog on my right hand. I don't think it is obvious but its probably cos I am used to it. Should I put a yes in the visible scars question in the application form? I am so worried that because of this scar, it will ruin my chances of getting in. HELP! :/

rurik0
Regular
Regular
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat, 13 Jan 2007

Postby rurik0 » Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:28 pm

hey JadeiteJade...remember me??? =) How r u?

hermmi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 13 Nov 2009

Postby hermmi » Fri, 20 Nov 2009 12:12 am

rily wrote:Hi gals, anyone got interview on 24th Nov at 1010 am?


Hey hi. My slot is on 1020 though. =)
Totally lost, don't know what to prepare.

loh loh
Member
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue, 15 Jan 2008
Location: north
Contact:

Postby loh loh » Fri, 20 Nov 2009 12:23 am

kquixoticallyme wrote:
autumn-reverie wrote:
YrreP wrote:
icic.. was thinking whether to cover up the scars anot.. wah lao damn gan jiong alrdy.. lol.. any tips for the 1st timers? :D


Dear YrreP,

take it as a fun experience! :)

i've got some messages from other posters who are also worried about their skin not being flawless. I am in no position to give advice since i have bad skin myself, but I sincerely believe the most important thing is how you present yourself. If the judges want to hire you, the tiny "flaws" won't matter to them.

I personally have huge flaws- acne scars, chicken pox scars etc. and i am truly grateful they overlooked them.

Walk as graceful as you can in the kebaya, i think that's more impt. :)

All the best dearie!


Hello, this is my first time here and I have the interview on the 25th. I am extremely excited as I have been waiting for them to open up applications since I graduated in May. However, I am worried about a scar that I have on my lower arm as well as several small scars from my dog on my right hand. I don't think it is obvious but its probably cos I am used to it. Should I put a yes in the visible scars question in the application form? I am so worried that because of this scar, it will ruin my chances of getting in. HELP! :/


I Think its ok, really depends on tt person testing you. cos tt time a girl beside me got a scar on her lower hand, but still gt in for kebaya.
apple

st4rz
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue, 10 Nov 2009

Postby st4rz » Fri, 20 Nov 2009 1:08 am

do they mind scars on the upper arm bcos kebaya will cover it?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests