Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jfrey

Postby jfrey » Sat, 14 Nov 2009 4:29 am

MauriceChai wrote:Hello People, to those who've not received your invitations from
SIA, please don't sulk and don't give up. My friend just dropped
me a call and she just got her invitation from SIA a couple of minutes
back so I suppose they're still sorting it out! Worry not! (:

Btw, is there anyone scheduled for 24th interview around the 2.10pm
slot?

Cheers and Regards.

Yup i am on 24th nov 2.20pm Add me jfreychung@hotmail.com.

mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Re: =)

Postby mdamilan » Sat, 14 Nov 2009 1:57 pm

kinderjoy wrote:
tangeve wrote:
velvetrose wrote:
manukahoney wrote:Hey guys,i'm wondering in order to look good in kebaya, wads the ideal weight for gals? lets say 163cm?

I think it really depends. Some Sia girls are very slim and looks good and some fleshy ones looks good as well.... My friend who is in SIA is 165cm, 54kg.. Her boobs is big. I have got another friend, skinny one but not to the bone kind....

Guess u must look confident and comfortable with urself.... what's ur weight? I think 53kg for a 163cm is quite nice. (:

Haha well said man.

In any case, I dont think this is a very accurate way measure yourself. You can be 163cm 53kg - pack with MASS.. or 163cm 48kg but pack w fats.. the distribution might not be even and perhaps the latter will not look as good. it really depends.

I'm 163cm and 42kg. what are the chances??

OMG dont think so much!! JUST GO! And my friend is 165 and 41. She's flying with SQ all the same. :)
-------------------------------------------------------
It's hard to leave behind what you built from scratch; but.. if you don't move on, you're not going to get ahead.

mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Postby mdamilan » Sat, 14 Nov 2009 2:24 pm

YrreP wrote:is it true that SIA will post ppl to silkair even though they are going for SIA?

No, thats for pilot cadets.. as according to my brother. :)

It's hard to leave behind what you built from scratch; but.. if you don't move on, you're not going to get ahead.

mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Postby mdamilan » Sat, 14 Nov 2009 2:24 pm

elva0424 wrote:hey.. anyone going for interview on 25 November 2009 at around 9.50 am..?? this is my first time going for a formal interview and it would be good to have someone along to talk to.. please email me if you would like to meet up or something... my email is elva1990@hotmail.com.. =)

btw.. i am only graduating in feb 2010.. do u think they will take me in..? and does few freckles on the face consider pigments on face..?? it is part of the application form i need to fill up..

mine's 10.10. LOL

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular

too late?

Postby crunkbabee » Sat, 14 Nov 2009 3:17 pm

hi guys! i am thrilled to know that SIA is hiring again...about the interview going on the 28th, is it too late to apply online?

i just recently made up my mind on being a cabin crew...which is why i didnt know about the online application! please help!!

Amyxo_xo

Re: too late?

Postby Amyxo_xo » Sat, 14 Nov 2009 3:37 pm

crunkbabee wrote:hi guys! i am thrilled to know that SIA is hiring again...about the interview going on the 28th, is it too late to apply online?

i just recently made up my mind on being a cabin crew...which is why i didnt know about the online application! please help!!

Yea, I think its a little bit too late. Dont worry! Someone in this forum mentioned that there might be another walk in interview on the 12 Dec. My friend said that usually there will a walk in after a write in (in the better times). So hopefully there will be one in Dec and you can use this one month or so to better prep yourself for the interviews?

ssugarush

Postby ssugarush » Sat, 14 Nov 2009 3:39 pm

hey anyone knows how to get in touch with them? Thinking of going on 24th instead of 25th since i'm flying off 25th morning!!!

ssugarush

Re: when did u get ur call for interview?

Postby ssugarush » Sat, 14 Nov 2009 4:03 pm

This really helped alot babe! looks like we'll know almost immediately!!!

There is no need to use massive quotes; doing so uses a considerable amount of space in the database with the result the admin have to prune it which means some posts you may wish to read will be deleted forever! In addition it is difficult for people to find things. Before somebody refers to me as a 'nut job' as has happened in the past consider this; there is over 50,000 users on this board, each and every one uses an amount of space every time they post just like filling a drawer in your house - easy comparison isn't it?

Plavt

Moderator.

duriancake

Postby duriancake » Sat, 14 Nov 2009 4:34 pm

maine21 wrote:
duriancake wrote:mine's 25 nov. 1120am.. who's near? wanna cab in together?

Hi Duriancake! Mine is at 11:30am. Go together? :)

i don't mind~ exchange contact?

amandababy wrote:i might be cabbing down with my friend, who is having her interview at 10.10am. so i'll be there extremely early. lol. but we can meet up and chat if you don't mind :)

so early? i dont mind going early but that early.. i think i will die from panic attack before the interview even started if i go too early. :/ but, we can meet up about 11-ish.

Amyxo_xo

Postby Amyxo_xo » Sat, 14 Nov 2009 7:41 pm

Lol! panic attack.

ssugarush

Postby ssugarush » Sun, 15 Nov 2009 12:43 am

sorry plavt. it was truely unintentional and this is the only forum i post to so i was unaware of the IT/html clauses involved. Thanks for highlighting!

YrreP

Postby YrreP » Sun, 15 Nov 2009 2:14 am

sugahplume wrote:
YrreP wrote:hi all!! me too got the interview at 25th nov!! :D 9.30am anyone?

heyys! mine same time =)

hello there! where u stay?

YrreP

Postby YrreP » Sun, 15 Nov 2009 2:18 am

autumn-reverie wrote:
YrreP wrote:is it true that SIA will post ppl to silkair even though they are going for SIA?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe this is not true. If you apply to be a cabin crew with SIA, you will not be posted to silkair. :)

oh.. maybe my friend got it wrong.. haha.. btw is it ness to put make up to cover the ance scars?

el-chan

Postby el-chan » Sun, 15 Nov 2009 7:50 am

Congrats to those of you who got the interview slots!! And all the best!!! :)

As for me, I did not receive any email about going for an interview with SIA. I am just wondering is their shortlisting step already over? Will they ignore the rest of the application (like mine) and will we have to try again another time?

I am actually in Melbourne at the moment and am due to graduate this mid December. Could that be one of the reasons why I did not get any interview slots?

Shirini

Postby Shirini » Sun, 15 Nov 2009 11:19 am

Hi, el-chan,

Don't worry, I met all the requirements but I did not not receive any invitation emails from them too.