Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
amandababy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu, 04 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby amandababy » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:54 am

duriancake wrote:
amandababy wrote:
duriancake wrote:mine's 25 nov. 1120am.. who's near? wanna cab in together?


hey, mine is 25nov 11.10am! where do you stay?


tampines. we can meet at mrt station and cab in as well.

p/s: i think i have weight issuse too. :/


i might be cabbing down with my friend, who is having her interview at 10.10am. so i'll be there extremely early. lol. but we can meet up and chat if you don't mind :)

elva0424
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 13 Nov 2009

Postby elva0424 » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:22 am

hey.. anyone going for interview on 25 November 2009 at around 9.50 am..?? this is my first time going for a formal interview and it would be good to have someone along to talk to.. please email me if you would like to meet up or something... my email is elva1990@hotmail.com.. =)

btw.. i am only graduating in feb 2010.. do u think they will take me in..? and does few freckles on the face consider pigments on face..?? it is part of the application form i need to fill up..

pinksapphire
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue, 25 Nov 2008
Location: East-sider

Postby pinksapphire » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:39 am

elva0424 wrote:hey.. anyone going for interview on 25 November 2009 at around 9.50 am..?? this is my first time going for a formal interview and it would be good to have someone along to talk to.. please email me if you would like to meet up or something... my email is elva1990@hotmail.com.. =)

btw.. i am only graduating in feb 2010.. do u think they will take me in..? and does few freckles on the face consider pigments on face..?? it is part of the application form i need to fill up..


Hi!! i think they will still take you in..most to most, they'll keep you on hold and let you join the next intake batch.. as long as you pass the interview, you are SAFE... and as for the freckles, i think it should be fine..that is not considered a scar..so nothing serious..anyway, what to bring for the interview??? and must we show the guardhouse anything????
-a new journey..a better phase of life-

jeuleque
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 12 Feb 2009

Postby jeuleque » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 12:48 pm

you girls need not to worry about the interview, tips from me would be go in with confidence, humble, SMILE, and dont be nervous.
i myself didnt imagine i would pass my interview last early feb, but i got in :)) then again with the economy crisis, we were put on hold.
and recently just got a call from SQ again!!! yeaaaay...asking whether we are still interested or not, and soon the training will start early next year hopefully. so keep our hopes high...and hope for the best that soon that day will come :)
all the best girls who are going for the interview soon this month....

maine21
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue, 10 Nov 2009

Postby maine21 » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 1:48 pm

duriancake wrote:mine's 25 nov. 1120am.. who's near? wanna cab in together?


Hi Duriancake! Mine is at 11:30am. Go together? :)

amandababy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu, 04 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby amandababy » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 1:51 pm

jeuleque wrote:you girls need not to worry about the interview, tips from me would be go in with confidence, humble, SMILE, and dont be nervous.
i myself didnt imagine i would pass my interview last early feb, but i got in :)) then again with the economy crisis, we were put on hold.
and recently just got a call from SQ again!!! yeaaaay...asking whether we are still interested or not, and soon the training will start early next year hopefully. so keep our hopes high...and hope for the best that soon that day will come :)
all the best girls who are going for the interview soon this month....


Congrats! dream comes true. must be really looking forward to the training. i can feel the excitement for you! haha. but it's really hard to not be nervous for the interview.

fashionista-lovetodress
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 13 Nov 2009

Postby fashionista-lovetodress » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 2:43 pm

hey .. thats great .. which month will you be starting? feb or jan? maybe this bathc of girls will join you too :)

wiwik
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 13 Nov 2009

when did u get ur call for interview?

Postby wiwik » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 2:45 pm

amandababy wrote:
jeuleque wrote:you girls need not to worry about the interview, tips from me would be go in with confidence, humble, SMILE, and dont be nervous.
i myself didnt imagine i would pass my interview last early feb, but i got in :)) then again with the economy crisis, we were put on hold.
and recently just got a call from SQ again!!! yeaaaay...asking whether we are still interested or not, and soon the training will start early next year hopefully. so keep our hopes high...and hope for the best that soon that day will come :)
all the best girls who are going for the interview soon this month....


Congrats! dream comes true. must be really looking forward to the training. i can feel the excitement for you! haha. but it's really hard to not be nervous for the interview.


congrats for all of u girls!! glad to hear that...anyone can share how do u get ur interview?did they call u n arrange for the interview? and when is it?please advice. Thanks

jeuleque
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 12 Feb 2009

Re: when did u get ur call for interview?

Postby jeuleque » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 3:14 pm

wiwik wrote:
amandababy wrote:
jeuleque wrote:you girls need not to worry about the interview, tips from me would be go in with confidence, humble, SMILE, and dont be nervous.
i myself didnt imagine i would pass my interview last early feb, but i got in :)) then again with the economy crisis, we were put on hold.
and recently just got a call from SQ again!!! yeaaaay...asking whether we are still interested or not, and soon the training will start early next year hopefully. so keep our hopes high...and hope for the best that soon that day will come :)
all the best girls who are going for the interview soon this month....


Congrats! dream comes true. must be really looking forward to the training. i can feel the excitement for you! haha. but it's really hard to not be nervous for the interview.


congrats for all of u girls!! glad to hear that...anyone can share how do u get ur interview?did they call u n arrange for the interview? and when is it?please advice. Thanks



thank you girls :) yes, we are all looking forward to it. we're 2 batch of girls from jakarta (oct batch and feb batch), who are still on pending till today. so here's the cronology.
it was a walk in interview, hundreds of girls showed up...we were called up by 10 per entry to one room, they checked on our degree certificate, height and weight. ones you pass that you get a call of another 10/5 girls (cant remember) to go into one room and gets questioned in a short form (5 judges were there), very general e.g: whats your favorite color and why?, basically they want to know your interpersonal skill and how you bring yourself to people, ones you pass that, you will have to go for a written test, very brief multply question and fill in the blanks, then you have to read a paragraph verbally infront of the judge (to see your communication skills again), then if you pass that you will have to go for a 1 on 1 interview (well actually 2 judges), its a 15 minutes interview, to know why you wanna join SQ, what do you know about SQ, stuff like dat...to see your interest in it. and if you pass that, you get a letter to state that you pass your final interview the next day with SQ ppl from singapore itself in one of the hotels here and wear formal cloths and bundle your hair up. the next day, i had to do another round of 1 on 1 interview again, similar question with the last interview (remember to smileeee), straight away they tell u, u pass or not, if you pass you have to try on their uniform and walk infront of the judges (like a model hehehe), and if you pass that straight away i had to fill in an employement pass form and a letter for medical check up on the stated hospital and dates. and officially you've passed :))
but then again after that...we got pending for almost a year now due to economy crisis, and only early this week...they say the training might start soon and wanted to know whether we're still interested or not (since of the long delay, some girls might cancelled it etc)....but still unsure when the training is going to be, cause they need to report to the headquarter to see how many girls from indonesia is available then only they can arrange the training session...should be around jan/feb/mar
so for all you girls who got accepted this time around, you should be lucky for not getting delayed for a year in waiting hahahahahahaha :D
tips: during the interview, just smile and imagine as tho' you are talking to a friend...relax and answer them with confidence.

zxtangellove
Member
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri, 25 Sep 2009

Postby zxtangellove » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 3:38 pm

jeuleque wrote:you girls need not to worry about the interview, tips from me would be go in with confidence, humble, SMILE, and dont be nervous.
i myself didnt imagine i would pass my interview last early feb, but i got in :)) then again with the economy crisis, we were put on hold.
and recently just got a call from SQ again!!! yeaaaay...asking whether we are still interested or not, and soon the training will start early next year hopefully. so keep our hopes high...and hope for the best that soon that day will come :)
all the best girls who are going for the interview soon this month....


So nice to hear that girl! It's totally worth the wait. Congrats =D

wiwik
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 13 Nov 2009

Re: when did u get ur call for interview?

Postby wiwik » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 3:56 pm

jeuleque wrote:
wiwik wrote:
amandababy wrote:
jeuleque wrote:you girls need not to worry about the interview, tips from me would be go in with confidence, humble, SMILE, and dont be nervous.
i myself didnt imagine i would pass my interview last early feb, but i got in :)) then again with the economy crisis, we were put on hold.
and recently just got a call from SQ again!!! yeaaaay...asking whether we are still interested or not, and soon the training will start early next year hopefully. so keep our hopes high...and hope for the best that soon that day will come :)
all the best girls who are going for the interview soon this month....


Congrats! dream comes true. must be really looking forward to the training. i can feel the excitement for you! haha. but it's really hard to not be nervous for the interview.


congrats for all of u girls!! glad to hear that...anyone can share how do u get ur interview?did they call u n arrange for the interview? and when is it?please advice. Thanks



thank you girls :) yes, we are all looking forward to it. we're 2 batch of girls from jakarta (oct batch and feb batch), who are still on pending till today. so here's the cronology.
it was a walk in interview, hundreds of girls showed up...we were called up by 10 per entry to one room, they checked on our degree certificate, height and weight. ones you pass that you get a call of another 10/5 girls (cant remember) to go into one room and gets questioned in a short form (5 judges were there), very general e.g: whats your favorite color and why?, basically they want to know your interpersonal skill and how you bring yourself to people, ones you pass that, you will have to go for a written test, very brief multply question and fill in the blanks, then you have to read a paragraph verbally infront of the judge (to see your communication skills again), then if you pass that you will have to go for a 1 on 1 interview (well actually 2 judges), its a 15 minutes interview, to know why you wanna join SQ, what do you know about SQ, stuff like dat...to see your interest in it. and if you pass that, you get a letter to state that you pass your final interview the next day with SQ ppl from singapore itself in one of the hotels here and wear formal cloths and bundle your hair up. the next day, i had to do another round of 1 on 1 interview again, similar question with the last interview (remember to smileeee), straight away they tell u, u pass or not, if you pass you have to try on their uniform and walk infront of the judges (like a model hehehe), and if you pass that straight away i had to fill in an employement pass form and a letter for medical check up on the stated hospital and dates. and officially you've passed :))
but then again after that...we got pending for almost a year now due to economy crisis, and only early this week...they say the training might start soon and wanted to know whether we're still interested or not (since of the long delay, some girls might cancelled it etc)....but still unsure when the training is going to be, cause they need to report to the headquarter to see how many girls from indonesia is available then only they can arrange the training session...should be around jan/feb/mar
so for all you girls who got accepted this time around, you should be lucky for not getting delayed for a year in waiting hahahahahahaha :D
tips: during the interview, just smile and imagine as tho' you are talking to a friend...relax and answer them with confidence.


I'm Indonesian actually,but i have PR. Wondering that SQ will call me today,but what a day...i haven't got the call....feel sad :( hope there is a miracle.. anyone got a call for the interview?

sugahplume
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu, 05 Nov 2009
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby sugahplume » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 6:43 pm

YrreP wrote:hi all!! me too got the interview at 25th nov!! :D 9.30am anyone?


heyys! mine same time =)

sstan123
Regular
Regular
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri, 04 Jul 2008
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby sstan123 » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 6:54 pm

I'm Indonesian actually,but i have PR. Wondering that SQ will call me today,but what a day...i haven't got the call....feel sad hope there is a miracle.. anyone got a call for the interview?
Back to top

If you applied after SIA has withdrawn the ads then they won't call you. Remember the closing was supposed to be 12 Nov but the ads was withdrawn on 9 Nov?

hermmi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 13 Nov 2009

Postby hermmi » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 8:15 pm

Hmm.. Hi this is my first time going for the interview. I would like to know what's the procedure for the interview. Is it different from the previous ones they had held before?

manukahoney
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue, 10 Nov 2009

Postby manukahoney » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 8:43 pm

Hey guys,i'm wondering in order to look good in kebaya, wads the ideal weight for gals? lets say 163cm?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests