Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
christineyuki
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun, 13 Jan 2008
Contact:

Postby christineyuki » Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:19 am

finetune wrote:
christineyuki wrote:I don't think SIA accept British nationals.


I know of one British national working in SIA. However he was recruited by the UK regional office and is posted to Singapore for a short stint.



I mean SQ does not accept British nationals as cabin crew.
Last edited by christineyuki on Wed, 15 Jul 2009 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
一緒に青い空へ~

User avatar
mouse
Regular
Regular
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue, 27 Sep 2005

Postby mouse » Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:24 am

Hi th3_glove20,

yeah.. i am waiting for opening. and waited for like 5 years. Hair all dropping off

th3_glove20 wrote:mouse r u looking forward to join as well?!?!

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:25 am

finetune wrote:I know of one British national working in SIA. However he was recruited by the UK regional office and is posted to Singapore for a short stint.


:shock: SIA doesn't have a regional office for cabin crew in the UK!

User avatar
finetune
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon, 13 Jul 2009
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby finetune » Tue, 14 Jul 2009 8:56 am

christineyuki wrote:
finetune wrote:
christineyuki wrote:I don't think SIA accept British nationals.


I know of one British national working in SIA. However he was recruited by the UK regional office and is posted to Singapore for a short stint.



I mean SQ do not accept British nationals as cabin crew.



Ahhh.... now I get it. My mistake..
Finetune Computer Care and Repair at your home and office in Singapore. http://finetune.sg

th3_glove20
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 09 Jul 2009
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby th3_glove20 » Tue, 14 Jul 2009 2:00 pm

mouse wrote:Hi th3_glove20,

yeah.. i am waiting for opening. and waited for like 5 years. Hair all dropping off

th3_glove20 wrote:mouse r u looking forward to join as well?!?!


sori r u female?!
why 5 years?!u din attend for any of their interview before?

User avatar
mouse
Regular
Regular
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue, 27 Sep 2005

Postby mouse » Tue, 14 Jul 2009 10:45 pm

female. tried many times. After that, went to do braces + face..haha..clear up my complexion then aggressively interviews during year 2008. The best I stuck at round 3 twice and other times, round 2 once and xx times round 1.


th3_glove20 wrote:
mouse wrote:Hi th3_glove20,

yeah.. i am waiting for opening. and waited for like 5 years. Hair all dropping off

th3_glove20 wrote:mouse r u looking forward to join as well?!?!


sori r u female?!
why 5 years?!u din attend for any of their interview before?

th3_glove20
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 09 Jul 2009
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby th3_glove20 » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 9:39 am

mouse wrote:female. tried many times. After that, went to do braces + face..haha..clear up my complexion then aggressively interviews during year 2008. The best I stuck at round 3 twice and other times, round 2 once and xx times round 1.


th3_glove20 wrote:
mouse wrote:Hi th3_glove20,

yeah.. i am waiting for opening. and waited for like 5 years. Hair all dropping off

th3_glove20 wrote:mouse r u looking forward to join as well?!?!


sori r u female?!
why 5 years?!u din attend for any of their interview before?



wahhh...my teeth isnt tat straight though...face so so...but no pimples...as i got 2 small holes bcoz of chicken pox....so where r u working now??

User avatar
mouse
Regular
Regular
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue, 27 Sep 2005

Postby mouse » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 9:17 pm

th3_glove20 wrote:
mouse wrote:female. tried many times. After that, went to do braces + face..haha..clear up my complexion then aggressively interviews during year 2008. The best I stuck at round 3 twice and other times, round 2 once and xx times round 1.


th3_glove20 wrote:
mouse wrote:Hi th3_glove20,

yeah.. i am waiting for opening. and waited for like 5 years. Hair all dropping off

th3_glove20 wrote:mouse r u looking forward to join as well?!?!


sori r u female?!
why 5 years?!u din attend for any of their interview before?



wahhh...my teeth isnt tat straight though...face so so...but no pimples...as i got 2 small holes bcoz of chicken pox....so where r u working now??


working as customer service...i think teeth is very important as it really changes your face shape after my braces...look sharper a bit. cos all along i didn't get through round 1 and i feel that its my teeth. After i done with braces, i got through round 1. damn happy when i got to try on to the kebaya the very first time...lol....really don't want to take it off man...haha....in my life, i tried for like thrice...

how about u? tried how many rounds ?

th3_glove20
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 09 Jul 2009
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby th3_glove20 » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 4:41 pm

mouse wrote:
th3_glove20 wrote:
mouse wrote:female. tried many times. After that, went to do braces + face..haha..clear up my complexion then aggressively interviews during year 2008. The best I stuck at round 3 twice and other times, round 2 once and xx times round 1.


th3_glove20 wrote:
mouse wrote:Hi th3_glove20,

yeah.. i am waiting for opening. and waited for like 5 years. Hair all dropping off

th3_glove20 wrote:mouse r u looking forward to join as well?!?!


sori r u female?!
why 5 years?!u din attend for any of their interview before?



wahhh...my teeth isnt tat straight though...face so so...but no pimples...as i got 2 small holes bcoz of chicken pox....so where r u working now??


working as customer service...i think teeth is very important as it really changes your face shape after my braces...look sharper a bit. cos all along i didn't get through round 1 and i feel that its my teeth. After i done with braces, i got through round 1. damn happy when i got to try on to the kebaya the very first time...lol....really don't want to take it off man...haha....in my life, i tried for like thrice...

how about u? tried how many rounds ?



How bad condition is ur teeth condition...mine is not very bad...
if u dun mind can PM ur pic hahaha..i can share mine

rachelhoe
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun, 26 Oct 2008

Postby rachelhoe » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 8:35 pm

i have a bit of teeth problem.. so i am going for braces.. just extracted 6 teeth last week and braces will be up next week! haha i really hope i can get into SQ~ i know they look for people with a beautiful smile and teeth

my teeth is so so.. got thru the first round at 2008 (nov) interview to the 3rd round and didnt clear the 3rd round.. all the sq girls i see have beautiful teeth some of them even brought the whitening teeth kit. anyways my friend (ex cc) gave me her kebaya.. its so pretty!!! hahaa yes its very tight and fitting but once you put on it.. together with the hair and makeup, i feel like i'm flying!
One bad thing about making a deal with the devil is, he always comes to collect.

kinderjoy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri, 03 Apr 2009
Location: Singapore

=)

Postby kinderjoy » Fri, 17 Jul 2009 4:50 am

so lucky.. i wld love to try on the kabaya too... :(

rachelhoe
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun, 26 Oct 2008

Postby rachelhoe » Fri, 17 Jul 2009 12:22 pm

haha u can get ready.. its ultra tight! u have to breath in and try to zip it up.
One bad thing about making a deal with the devil is, he always comes to collect.

th3_glove20
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 09 Jul 2009
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby th3_glove20 » Fri, 17 Jul 2009 1:13 pm

rachelhoe wrote:i have a bit of teeth problem.. so i am going for braces.. just extracted 6 teeth last week and braces will be up next week! haha i really hope i can get into SQ~ i know they look for people with a beautiful smile and teeth

my teeth is so so.. got thru the first round at 2008 (nov) interview to the 3rd round and didnt clear the 3rd round.. all the sq girls i see have beautiful teeth some of them even brought the whitening teeth kit. anyways my friend (ex cc) gave me her kebaya.. its so pretty!!! hahaa yes its very tight and fitting but once you put on it.. together with the hair and makeup, i feel like i'm flying!


why did u fail at the 3rd stage?! so any news for the next recruitment?
if u dun mind can drop me ur msn address prolly we can chat as well

rachelhoe
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun, 26 Oct 2008

Postby rachelhoe » Sun, 19 Jul 2009 12:08 am

haha i have got no idea too. 3rd round is a series of question asking and me talking non stop.. sometimes when i dream of being in SQ i will take out the kebaya and wear. haha the girl who gve me her kebaya even thought me how to put on sq makeup..=) i think they shld start hiring next year and i predict it will be a mass recruitment! but.. again i wont be going cause i will be on braces.

Anyone know if i can go for the interview (with braces) then join SQ (if i pass the interview) after my braces (about 1yr later???)
One bad thing about making a deal with the devil is, he always comes to collect.

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Sun, 19 Jul 2009 12:24 am

rachelhoe wrote: think they shld start hiring next year and i predict it will be a mass recruitment!


:shock:

You have high hopes, with 17 aircraft mothballed and crews on unpaid leave, it will likely be two to three years before anything like pre-recession levels are reached again. Even then expect fewer vacancies and severe competition. :(


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests