Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
M

Re: SIA

Postby M » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 5:48 pm

Anna wrote:
M wrote:
Kofro wrote:Any guys attended the 2nd interview today ? How was it ? How many guys attended and how many were eliminated ?


There were 50 of us as I was the last in the list. Psychometric test took some time but I think it didn't affect the elimination in anyway. Followed by that, was checking of our weight and height. And to end the day was the water confidence test. We were told to jump off a mock aircraft and swim towards the other end of the pool. Some guys did had vest with them but I think some of them still got to the final round.

End of the day, I think about 35-40 of us made it to the management interview. Goodluck to all the ladies tomorrow and perhaps we shall meet in class if god forbids. :twisted:


Hi M,

So it means you are in already? Bcos my fnd went for the interview last yr and she said there were 2 day interviews in all, but seem lik this yr, there are 3 day interviews in total..

She said Water confidence round was last, after managament interview but in this forum, i understand that it's management interview after water confidence test. :roll: puzzled..


Hi Anna,

I'm not part of the crew yet. The management interview and probably tea party will decide our fate by then, which are scheduled 2 weeks from now. I guess they have changed their format a bit thus the scretch which can be a bit fustrating. :roll: :roll:

JaS

Postby JaS » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 5:52 pm

Nerve Wrecking As Well

Anna

Re: SIA

Postby Anna » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 6:01 pm

M wrote:
Anna wrote:
M wrote:
Kofro wrote:Any guys attended the 2nd interview today ? How was it ? How many guys attended and how many were eliminated ?


There were 50 of us as I was the last in the list. Psychometric test took some time but I think it didn't affect the elimination in anyway. Followed by that, was checking of our weight and height. And to end the day was the water confidence test. We were told to jump off a mock aircraft and swim towards the other end of the pool. Some guys did had vest with them but I think some of them still got to the final round.

End of the day, I think about 35-40 of us made it to the management interview. Goodluck to all the ladies tomorrow and perhaps we shall meet in class if god forbids. :twisted:


Hi M,

So it means you are in already? Bcos my fnd went for the interview last yr and she said there were 2 day interviews in all, but seem lik this yr, there are 3 day interviews in total..

She said Water confidence round was last, after managament interview but in this forum, i understand that it's management interview after water confidence test. :roll: puzzled..


Hi Anna,

I'm not part of the crew yet. The management interview and probably tea party will decide our fate by then, which are scheduled 2 weeks from now. I guess they have changed their format a bit thus the scretch which can be a bit fustrating. :roll: :roll:


That's bad, cos the interviewees wil have to take a few days leave and if in the end they do not get selected, it's very demoralising

JaS

Postby JaS » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 6:05 pm

M : U Went For The Kebaya Fit? How Was It?

JaS

Postby JaS » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 6:08 pm

Sorry, Wrong Person
Hee.

M

Re: SIA

Postby M » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 6:13 pm

Anna wrote:
M wrote:
Anna wrote:
M wrote:
Kofro wrote:Any guys attended the 2nd interview today ? How was it ? How many guys attended and how many were eliminated ?


There were 50 of us as I was the last in the list. Psychometric test took some time but I think it didn't affect the elimination in anyway. Followed by that, was checking of our weight and height. And to end the day was the water confidence test. We were told to jump off a mock aircraft and swim towards the other end of the pool. Some guys did had vest with them but I think some of them still got to the final round.

End of the day, I think about 35-40 of us made it to the management interview. Goodluck to all the ladies tomorrow and perhaps we shall meet in class if god forbids. :twisted:


Hi M,

So it means you are in already? Bcos my fnd went for the interview last yr and she said there were 2 day interviews in all, but seem lik this yr, there are 3 day interviews in total..

She said Water confidence round was last, after managament interview but in this forum, i understand that it's management interview after water confidence test. :roll: puzzled..


Hi Anna,

I'm not part of the crew yet. The management interview and probably tea party will decide our fate by then, which are scheduled 2 weeks from now. I guess they have changed their format a bit thus the scretch which can be a bit fustrating. :roll: :roll:


That's bad, because the interviewees wil have to take a few days leave and if in the end they do not get selected, it's very demoralising


Kinda agreed especially for me when my Citibank job is on hold, and tomorrow is my UOB's interview. I'm in a huge dilemma. :? :?

shopaholic

Postby shopaholic » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 6:32 pm

Congrats M! =)

Anyone knows how long after a recruitment does it take for them to shortlist potentials for interviews? I am a m'sian and sent in both my application on the 24 June as well as 30 June in which the deadline was 2 July. I will die if I am not shortlisted.

I really will.

Aure

Re: Qatar Airways

Postby Aure » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 6:51 pm

Tori wrote:Hi Aure,

Should say thanks to u!

:P
Aure wrote:Check out www.qatarairways.com for cabin crew recruitment...


Don't mention it. If I were single, I would definitely have gone for it. So its going out to those whom still can give a shot at it, that is, do not mind relocating for a no. of years.

Aure

Postby Aure » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 6:58 pm

shopaholic wrote:Congrats M! =)

Anyone knows how long after a recruitment does it take for them to shortlist potentials for interviews? I am a m'sian and sent in both my application on the 24 June as well as 30 June in which the deadline was 2 July. I will die if I am not shortlisted.

I really will.


Don't say that. There are so many applicants, it is a matter of chance. I applied one year ago and was invited for the interview. Regretted not being able to turn up for it as I happened to be overseas. Just keep trying and trying....

Tori

Re: Qatar Airways

Postby Tori » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 10:54 pm

Hi,

Would you, by any chance know the duration of the bond? 2/4 years?

THanks :)


Aure wrote:
Tori wrote:Hi Aure,

Should say thanks to u!

:P
Aure wrote:Check out www.qatarairways.com for cabin crew recruitment...


Don't mention it. If I were single, I would definitely have gone for it. So its going out to those whom still can give a shot at it, that is, do not mind relocating for a no. of years.

kofro

SIA

Postby kofro » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:27 pm

M,
Congrats.
The interview today only consists of the psy test, ht & wt and the water confidence test ?
The prev batch had to do 'catwalk' to see their gait. Did you have to do this today ?

Guest99

Postby Guest99 » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:30 pm

Aure wrote:
shopaholic wrote:Congrats M! =)

Anyone knows how long after a recruitment does it take for them to shortlist potentials for interviews? I am a m'sian and sent in both my application on the 24 June as well as 30 June in which the deadline was 2 July. I will die if I am not shortlisted.

I really will.


Don't say that. There are so many applicants, it is a matter of chance. I applied one year ago and was invited for the interview. Regretted not being able to turn up for it as I happened to be overseas. Just keep trying and trying....


I agree with Aure.. Wheres that encouraging, motivating and humourous side of u shopaholic? Dun get demoralized if u're not shortlisted.. JUZ TRY until u reach 29.. im losing a bit of my patience on the young punks who whine at every tiny set-back in life.. Yea, i know the "i-will-die-part" is juz a metaphor but please.. GROW UP n GROW SOME THICK-SKIN..

Takeshi

Observer

Postby Takeshi » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 12:20 am

Question : does anyone here knows when is the soon to be interview date for Malaysian Flight Stewards/Stewardesses ?

yy

Postby yy » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 12:47 am

hey does anyone know how much a cabin crew earns? be it male or female. i heard they get quite a lot of allowance??

=]

Flown

SQ

Postby Flown » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 2:27 am

Anonymous wrote:
Guest003 wrote:Can someone enlighten me what SQ stand for? if S is singapore and then what is Q?? my fren was asked this in the interview.


SQ is just the abbreviation for Singapore Airlines. There's no specific meaning to it. It applies to CX (Cathay Pacific) and TG (Thai Airways).

However, if you want to make up your own story, then I think Q can stands for Quality


Actually there's a meaning attached to SQ, "Service Quality" there u go... bit of information for all of u out there going for the interview incase they ask


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hellopanda123 and 1 guest