Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
GwenSy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 08 Jan 2009

Postby GwenSy » Wed, 14 Jan 2009 6:47 pm

klinopia wrote:
GwenSy wrote:LOLS. My group only 2 girls passed the first round, including me. I thought i was out when the lady mentioned 2 people pass the round. Didn't expected that my name was being called. Because, u know what happen, i stood there in blank after i intro my name and stuff. Then i apologize for being so nervous. Then i continue to speak. haas. As for the second round, not much skin check was done i guess. just walking front and back and then questions were asked. My skin also not those perfect type. Yup. Anyway, it is the experience gained. I've tried my best! haas.


were u the one who was like examining the kebaya infront of the door? rofl



Haas, i think so eh. I was tying my hair and using hp. think me and the other girl was the last 2 participants if i'm not wrong. =) hee.

Pork12: THANKS ALOT! =)

DTTH
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue, 13 Jan 2009

Postby DTTH » Wed, 14 Jan 2009 11:46 pm

GwenSy wrote:LOLS. My group only 2 girls passed the first round, including me. I thought i was out when the lady mentioned 2 people pass the round. Didn't expected that my name was being called. Because, u know what happen, i stood there in blank after i intro my name and stuff. Then i apologize for being so nervous. Then i continue to speak. haas. As for the second round, not much skin check was done i guess. just walking front and back and then questions were asked. My skin also not those perfect type. Yup. Anyway, it is the experience gained. I've tried my best! haas.


Hi GwenSy,

Don't give up! I've yet to go for my 1st interview yet... cos i think i'm not really prepare myself for it. I believe if you're able to go thru the 1st round, you will make it to 3rd and 4th on the next time round.

=)

GwenSy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 08 Jan 2009

Postby GwenSy » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 12:02 am

DTTH wrote:
GwenSy wrote:LOLS. My group only 2 girls passed the first round, including me. I thought i was out when the lady mentioned 2 people pass the round. Didn't expected that my name was being called. Because, u know what happen, i stood there in blank after i intro my name and stuff. Then i apologize for being so nervous. Then i continue to speak. haas. As for the second round, not much skin check was done i guess. just walking front and back and then questions were asked. My skin also not those perfect type. Yup. Anyway, it is the experience gained. I've tried my best! haas.


Hi GwenSy,

Don't give up! I've yet to go for my 1st interview yet... cos i think i'm not really prepare myself for it. I believe if you're able to go thru the 1st round, you will make it to 3rd and 4th on the next time round.

=)


Haas. Yup. Thanks ya! =)

klinopia
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue, 13 Jan 2009

Postby klinopia » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 12:04 am

GwenSy wrote:
klinopia wrote:
GwenSy wrote:LOLS. My group only 2 girls passed the first round, including me. I thought i was out when the lady mentioned 2 people pass the round. Didn't expected that my name was being called. Because, u know what happen, i stood there in blank after i intro my name and stuff. Then i apologize for being so nervous. Then i continue to speak. haas. As for the second round, not much skin check was done i guess. just walking front and back and then questions were asked. My skin also not those perfect type. Yup. Anyway, it is the experience gained. I've tried my best! haas.


were u the one who was like examining the kebaya infront of the door? rofl



Haas, i think so eh. I was tying my hair and using hp. think me and the other girl was the last 2 participants if i'm not wrong. =) hee.

Pork12: THANKS ALOT! =)



rofl did a guy say stuff like all the best to u?

jeezz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri, 12 Dec 2008

Postby jeezz » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 9:09 am

klinopia wrote:
GwenSy wrote:
klinopia wrote:
GwenSy wrote:LOLS. My group only 2 girls passed the first round, including me. I thought i was out when the lady mentioned 2 people pass the round. Didn't expected that my name was being called. Because, u know what happen, i stood there in blank after i intro my name and stuff. Then i apologize for being so nervous. Then i continue to speak. haas. As for the second round, not much skin check was done i guess. just walking front and back and then questions were asked. My skin also not those perfect type. Yup. Anyway, it is the experience gained. I've tried my best! haas.


were u the one who was like examining the kebaya infront of the door? rofl



Haas, i think so eh. I was tying my hair and using hp. think me and the other girl was the last 2 participants if i'm not wrong. =) hee.

Pork12: THANKS ALOT! =)



rofl did a guy say stuff like all the best to u?



were you the one sitting outside alone waiting for the skin check? i said good luck to a guy who was about to go into the room for skin check. haha..

worldofvw
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 13 Jan 2009

Postby worldofvw » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 10:08 am

surfsiderose wrote:Hi, anyone want to meet up for this Sat's interview? PM me :)


hey there. i cant pm you. but i can meet up wiv u for this sat's interview. :)

karenina
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun, 11 Jan 2009

Postby karenina » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 10:55 am

Hi all,
I attended the 13th walk in but did not get through the first round. I understand that the email invitation stated that i'm not encouraged to go for the 17th walk in. Just wondering, do u think i'll be penalised or even turned away if i attend the 17th walk in? Thanks!

sstan123
Regular
Regular
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri, 04 Jul 2008
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby sstan123 » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 11:59 am

shenoes wrote:anyone read the news in ST yesterday or 2 days ago (cant rem exactly).

Someone wrote in and complain about an air stewadess saying she is very rude.

SIA still say wana investigate. i wonder will they? cos i think it will reali spoil the reputation of SIA gers.

Yes, SIA takes complaints seriously and will investigate any complaint against its crew. As a matter of fact,SIA has a department in cabin crew division dedicated to "complaints". 8-)

klinopia
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue, 13 Jan 2009

Postby klinopia » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 3:02 pm

jeezz wrote:
klinopia wrote:
GwenSy wrote:
klinopia wrote:
GwenSy wrote:LOLS. My group only 2 girls passed the first round, including me. I thought i was out when the lady mentioned 2 people pass the round. Didn't expected that my name was being called. Because, u know what happen, i stood there in blank after i intro my name and stuff. Then i apologize for being so nervous. Then i continue to speak. haas. As for the second round, not much skin check was done i guess. just walking front and back and then questions were asked. My skin also not those perfect type. Yup. Anyway, it is the experience gained. I've tried my best! haas.


were u the one who was like examining the kebaya infront of the door? rofl



Haas, i think so eh. I was tying my hair and using hp. think me and the other girl was the last 2 participants if i'm not wrong. =) hee.

Pork12: THANKS ALOT! =)



rofl did a guy say stuff like all the best to u?



were you the one sitting outside alone waiting for the skin check? i said good luck to a guy who was about to go into the room for skin check. haha..



Lol it wasnt a skin check for the guys, i guess it was for u rofl.. yea that was me rofl.. it was like another round of talking.. but they said that the friggin ord dates were too long =\

jeezz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri, 12 Dec 2008

Postby jeezz » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 3:10 pm

i see.. try again when its nearer to your ORD date then. at least you got thru the first round! :)

btw, just curious.. any of you experience when you are asked to go back another day for the final interview, will they ask you to bring along your passport and bankbook?

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu, 20 Dec 2007

Postby hafiz_ » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 7:34 pm

jeezz,

yep. for the final interview, they'll ask for the photocopies of your ic, your educational certs, your certificate of service (for guys), your bankbook and passport (for guys, the latest extension date as well). hope that helps! :)

pork12
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed, 27 Aug 2008

Postby pork12 » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 7:53 pm

I think I read it before somewhere in the previous posts, but would someone be kind enough to enlighten me again why is there a need to present the bank book? :???:
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

michelle_lin
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu, 15 May 2008
Location: singapore

Postby michelle_lin » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 10:15 pm

anyone gg for the interview this sat?? can i go tog with you?
finally got my private dip so decide to go for a try.. though its kind of difficult to get in.. =(
but at least i can tel myself i tried.. no regrets..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
never take someone for granted cos you'll wake up one day & realise you've lost a diamond while collecting stones

User avatar
mdamilan
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri, 16 Jan 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby mdamilan » Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:33 am

pork12 wrote:I think I read it before somewhere in the previous posts, but would someone be kind enough to enlighten me again why is there a need to present the bank book? :???:


That's where all your salary will go to! :)

User avatar
mdamilan
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri, 16 Jan 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby mdamilan » Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:33 am

pork12 wrote:I think I read it before somewhere in the previous posts, but would someone be kind enough to enlighten me again why is there a need to present the bank book? :???:


That's where all your salary will go to! :)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests