Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pork12
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed, 27 Aug 2008

Postby pork12 » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 5:58 pm

klinopia wrote:for mine they asked abt what makes a gd customer service and stuff.. and i went like the smile, warmth and stuff like that... but i made it all short... was phreaking nervous man rofl

I would honestly have that question cos at least I did homework for that question.. Luckily this is quick execution, can't feel the pain since it's over before I knew it.. So.... I'll try again in few months!
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

klinopia
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue, 13 Jan 2009

Postby klinopia » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 6:06 pm

lol are u like a guy or girl? rofl imma try again on this year dec since that will be my ORD mth or if theres gonna be another recruitment on nov i would go for that as well... but today was a gd experience overall.. at least i know how the whole thing goes rofl

pork12
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed, 27 Aug 2008

Postby pork12 » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 7:24 pm

Female =)
Pigs CAN fly...... right?

You can when you believe!

worldofvw
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 13 Jan 2009

Postby worldofvw » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 7:57 pm

the interviews sounds scary. I have friends working in there saying that they need people.

I will be going for the interview this Saturday. But I kinda lose my confidence. :(

May i know whats the proper attire to wear there? I am thinking of wearing semi formal. Would it formal be too overdress?

Thanks

pork12
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed, 27 Aug 2008

Postby pork12 » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 8:08 pm

worldofvw wrote:the interviews sounds scary. I have friends working in there saying that they need people.

I will be going for the interview this Saturday. But I kinda lose my confidence. :(

May i know whats the proper attire to wear there? I am thinking of wearing semi formal. Would it formal be too overdress?

Thanks


They probably need people, but not as urgently as a couple of months back. So they can afford to be picky. Don't lose your confidence because that's important. Just try your best. I wore formal today (shirt + skirt), if that helps.

Good luck!
Pigs CAN fly...... right?

You can when you believe!

wannafly
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 20 Oct 2008

Postby wannafly » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 8:21 pm

sstan123 wrote:
GalaxydOr wrote:My sis is now working at airport. And during her training, there was a lecturer who was once a judge/interviewer for cabin crew said to them, those who failed the cabin crew interview once, will be unlikely to be recruit in anymore.


I was an interviewer and there wasn't and isn't such a thing. Unless you are blacklisted for being rude or some misbehaviour you will be given many chances. There were many who failed as many 10 to 15 times were in the end successful and now flying as cabin crew.



After I attended a few interviews, I still couldn't figure out what are the criteria the interviewers is looking out for. Care to share any opinions? Is it the way we present ourselve or they are looking for the right candidates who was born with C.C character?

DTTH
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue, 13 Jan 2009

Postby DTTH » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 8:29 pm

klinopia wrote:=\ i got thru to the 2nd round but didnt manage to go to the 3rd round cause my ord date is kinda too long..


Hi klinopia,

Was wondering when is your ORD date? I wanted to go for the interview but worried that they might reject me. Because i'm still bonded with the company i'm currently working for.

DTTH
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue, 13 Jan 2009

Postby DTTH » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 8:31 pm

Anyone knows beside the 17th walk-in-interview, roughly how long will they start their recruiting drive again?

worldofvw
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 13 Jan 2009

Postby worldofvw » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 8:36 pm

pork12 wrote:
worldofvw wrote:the interviews sounds scary. I have friends working in there saying that they need people.

I will be going for the interview this Saturday. But I kinda lose my confidence. :(

May i know whats the proper attire to wear there? I am thinking of wearing semi formal. Would it formal be too overdress?

Thanks


They probably need people, but not as urgently as a couple of months back. So they can afford to be picky. Don't lose your confidence because that's important. Just try your best. I wore formal today (shirt + skirt), if that helps.

Good luck!


Ty! :)

Kayleeee
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat, 13 Dec 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby Kayleeee » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 8:46 pm

I was at STC this morning too !!

First round out already! Over before I knew it !!

There was 2 good looking girls in my group and both spoke really well.. One of them mentioned she had been trying since 2004 I think and still couldn't make it !

Given her looks and confidence, I don't know why too !!

She said luck matters very much in the first round !! She had mentioned about using the same self intro several times, sometimes she got in, sometime she don't..so she eventually believe in luck !!

Porky porky which group were you in ??
Believe in the strength of universe, for the law of attraction is the greatest power ever exist.

yuanz
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun, 08 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby yuanz » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 8:52 pm

DTTH wrote:Anyone knows beside the 17th walk-in-interview, roughly how long will they start their recruiting drive again?


Now the frequency is about once every 2 months.. so the next one should be arnd march .. worldofvw semi formal or formal are both alright as long as you look presentable. Good Luck to those who are going!

pork12
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed, 27 Aug 2008

Postby pork12 » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 9:00 pm

Kayleeee wrote:Porky porky which group were you in ??

Mine's in the afternoon... Somehow... This interview kind of like.. intensify my desire to be a CC. Haha.. Good in a way... I'll JIAYOU!
Pigs CAN fly...... right?

You can when you believe!

DTTH
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue, 13 Jan 2009

Postby DTTH » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 9:07 pm

yuanz wrote:
DTTH wrote:Anyone knows beside the 17th walk-in-interview, roughly how long will they start their recruiting drive again?


Now the frequency is about once every 2 months.. so the next one should be arnd march .. worldofvw semi formal or formal are both alright as long as you look presentable. Good Luck to those who are going!


Hi yuanz, thanks! Guess i shall wait til mid-march period. Meanwhile, read up more on the interview's and stuffs.

Wild_Lily
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 15 Oct 2008

Postby Wild_Lily » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 11:56 pm

shaundc wrote:
sakiya wrote:if i have diploma in hospitality under private sch (guilford school of hospitality from Australia), will i be eligible to go for tis 17 jan walk in?
i need you guys advise
.

Yes you may, I'm from there too. It's industry relevant...Good luck!


Shaun,how old are you?

GwenSy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 08 Jan 2009

Postby GwenSy » Wed, 14 Jan 2009 12:27 am

Hi,

I also went for the interview today. OMG. I was so very NERVOUS. haas. Passed 2 rounds but failed at the 3rd round. lols. =)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests