Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
belowtherainbow
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri, 26 Dec 2008

Postby belowtherainbow » Fri, 26 Dec 2008 3:27 pm

hi i'm not sure if anyone of you will b able to help me. but does sq only employ Singaporeans/PR's as cabin crew? A friend of mine who fulfills the requirements for a steward except that he is not a local. Is there any point even submitting an application? thanks in advance!

AV1981
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue, 18 Nov 2008

Postby AV1981 » Fri, 26 Dec 2008 3:40 pm

belowtherainbow wrote:hi i'm not sure if anyone of you will b able to help me. but does sq only employ Singaporeans/PR's as cabin crew? A friend of mine who fulfills the requirements for a steward except that he is not a local. Is there any point even submitting an application? thanks in advance!


Don't want to let you down but you have to face with the fact.
The first and top requirement for SIA Steward is he must be either S'porean or M'sian. If you don't even meet that, should not go and try. Kind of wasting time.

Kimilogy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 23 Nov 2008
Location: lala land =)

Postby Kimilogy » Sat, 27 Dec 2008 2:12 pm

AV1981 wrote:
Kimilogy wrote:
AV1981 wrote:Does anybody know where can I buy the Sally Hansen Leg Spray in Singapore???
Thanks.


I saw it available at Watson under the Sally Hansen corner.. should have.. it's $29.90 if i din rem wrongly. I guess many places (Guardian & departmental stores) have it..not that difficult to find.

Else.. there's also a new one that i discovered in Wisma Sasa ($20+).. it's a jap brand.. forgotten the name.. u can try if u want.. :)


Thanks Kimilogy,

I had tried to look for it at few shops but until now still can not find. Don't you mind giving me the name of the place that you saw???


I saw it at Watson but forgot which one already. Mayb u can try the biggest Watson in SG which is Taka??

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri, 06 Apr 2007

Postby caryssa » Sat, 27 Dec 2008 3:28 pm

i know where u can get one...City Hall watson selling sally hansen leg spray...hope u can find it:) i bought mine there...
Accomplish or do not begin

AV1981
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue, 18 Nov 2008

Postby AV1981 » Sat, 27 Dec 2008 4:06 pm

Thanks Kimilogy and Caryssa. Will go for it.

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Sun, 28 Dec 2008 12:48 am

belowtherainbow wrote:hi i'm not sure if anyone of you will b able to help me. but does sq only employ Singaporeans/PR's as cabin crew? A friend of mine who fulfills the requirements for a steward except that he is not a local. Is there any point even submitting an application? thanks in advance!


](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Kimilogy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 23 Nov 2008
Location: lala land =)

Postby Kimilogy » Sun, 28 Dec 2008 3:14 am

AV1981 wrote:Thanks Kimilogy and Caryssa. Will go for it.


No prob! You may also wanna try Sasa (wisma) for the Jap brand leg spray. But of course..Sally Hansen is a safe brand.

AV1981
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue, 18 Nov 2008

Postby AV1981 » Sun, 28 Dec 2008 8:52 am

Kimilogy wrote:
AV1981 wrote:Thanks Kimilogy and Caryssa. Will go for it.


No prob! You may also wanna try Sasa (wisma) for the Jap brand leg spray. But of course..Sally Hansen is a safe brand.


Kimilogy,

I found it at Watson (Taka) $23 only. But actually it seem doesnt really work on me. Sigh.
Thanks anyway.

Kimilogy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 23 Nov 2008
Location: lala land =)

Postby Kimilogy » Sun, 28 Dec 2008 2:03 pm

AV1981 wrote:
Kimilogy wrote:
AV1981 wrote:Thanks Kimilogy and Caryssa. Will go for it.


No prob! You may also wanna try Sasa (wisma) for the Jap brand leg spray. But of course..Sally Hansen is a safe brand.


Kimilogy,

I found it at Watson (Taka) $23 only. But actually it seem doesnt really work on me. Sigh.
Thanks anyway.


i guess Taka Watson having 20% disc that's y it's onli $23. the con dition of yr leg very bad is it? else... shld be able to make yr leg looks abit fairer i supposed?

AV1981
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue, 18 Nov 2008

Postby AV1981 » Sun, 28 Dec 2008 4:43 pm

Kimilogy wrote:
AV1981 wrote:
Kimilogy wrote:
AV1981 wrote:Thanks Kimilogy and Caryssa. Will go for it.


No prob! You may also wanna try Sasa (wisma) for the Jap brand leg spray. But of course..Sally Hansen is a safe brand.


Kimilogy,

I found it at Watson (Taka) $23 only. But actually it seem doesnt really work on me. Sigh.
Thanks anyway.


i guess Taka Watson having 20% disc that's y it's onli $23. the con dition of yr leg very bad is it? else... shld be able to make yr leg looks abit fairer i supposed?

I just want to conceal some of the tiny scars on my hand only. Nothing to do with my legs because I am a guy dying of flying :)
Are there any guys around here went through all the rounds? Can you guys lecture me how they do the skin check for Steward-wannabe??? Do they check something on your fingers as well?
Thanks.

simsandra_2
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 24 Dec 2008

Postby simsandra_2 » Mon, 29 Dec 2008 10:31 am

hi... I'm new in this forum. Anyone going for the next walk-in interview on 17 Jan 09? Because I thought of going.

chocopie
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed, 12 Nov 2008

Postby chocopie » Mon, 29 Dec 2008 12:36 pm

simsandra_2: Yeah i'll be gng for e 17th walk in. :D
shinniestar: nope no outbreak. but every now n then when im close into my pms, (hormone changes) i do get big bumps of pimples still. Hmm, my sist is havin outbreak instead. but e med her doc prescribe is diff frm mine lei.

simsandra_2
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 24 Dec 2008

Postby simsandra_2 » Mon, 29 Dec 2008 1:24 pm

hi chocopie, what time you intend to go??? maybe we can meet up and go together??? would you mind to add me in your MSN and we'll keep in contact from there.

my msn is: simsandra_2@hotmail.com

simsandra_2
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 24 Dec 2008

To Care_Bear (Celine)

Postby simsandra_2 » Mon, 29 Dec 2008 2:16 pm

Hi Gal,

I am interested to go to the interview as well. Please contact me through my msn (simsandra_2@hotmail.com). I am unable to reply your private message. Hear from you soon...

confidence=success
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun, 07 Sep 2008

Postby confidence=success » Tue, 30 Dec 2008 11:08 am

Halo =D I'll be goin' to try.. No harm =)

Anyone else going? Please add me on MSN: always_long4_freedom@hotmail.com

Maybe we could go together XD

Good Luck!!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest