Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
ilya
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri, 23 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby ilya » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:36 pm

az wrote:
KimberlyGin wrote:i think so, cause i only told one person about my pore thing. haha. and my tummy.lol


ohhh..it's the other girl that got in frm our grp right?? cant remember her name though..


nono not me, i'm the one sitting last of the row besides kimberly

strawberryswing
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri, 12 Sep 2008

Postby strawberryswing » Thu, 18 Dec 2008 2:28 am

why all of you hating on those girls of other races, other than chinese? just because there are majority chinese cabin crew doesnt mean they take more chinese now. i always see those gorgeous indian girls getting further than the chinese girls. jealous ah?
sia is fair what. they take what they want because they can choose. the chinese girls who get interviewed with me always speak like they just learned english or something. i'm not saying all. i'm saying 1 or 2 out of the 10 of us.
but honestly, sia picks those girls who has the sia cabin crew 'look'.

User avatar
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby Abercrombie » Thu, 18 Dec 2008 5:29 am

M wrote:I guess it's a culture in SIA that juniors do not ask how long the seniors have been flying. ](*,)

Might be wrong about the culture once again but the staff numbers can and do reveal the number of years a crew has been flying or working in the company. \:D/

Age wise, I can easily check the GD before each flight.


Thats because they will think that you felt that their work is no good thats why you want to know how long they have been flying. Also the very senior crew will feel offended because they have been stuck in that rank for so long and by tell you how long will give you the impression that they are a condam crew. crew offend ask for the flying experience befor correcting you the more senoir you are the last forgiving, its like ....you had been flying for so long and yet you still don't know.... or.... 3 months only, in that case i will teach you.....:wink:

pork12
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed, 27 Aug 2008

Postby pork12 » Thu, 18 Dec 2008 9:14 am

strawberryswing wrote:why all of you hating on those girls of other races, other than chinese? just because there are majority chinese cabin crew doesnt mean they take more chinese now. i always see those gorgeous indian girls getting further than the chinese girls. jealous ah?
sia is fair what. they take what they want because they can choose. the chinese girls who get interviewed with me always speak like they just learned english or something. i'm not saying all. i'm saying 1 or 2 out of the 10 of us.
but honestly, sia picks those girls who has the sia cabin crew 'look'.

This is Singapore we're talking about, so no racism intended in any of the posts. I would say they're just calculating their odds of getting through, which is something most of us in here are highly concerned about. :cool:
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

pork12
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed, 27 Aug 2008

Postby pork12 » Thu, 18 Dec 2008 9:16 am

Abercrombie wrote:...crew offend ask for the flying experience befor correcting you the more senoir you are the last forgiving, its like ....you had been flying for so long and yet you still don't know.... or.... 3 months only, in that case i will teach you.....:wink:

Hmm.. So when asked the experience, are they supposed to answer at all?
Pigs CAN fly...... right?

You can when you believe!

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Thu, 18 Dec 2008 9:25 am

Abercrombie wrote:Thats because they will think that you felt that their work is no good thats why you want to know how long they have been flying. Also the very senior crew will feel offended because they have been stuck in that rank for so long and by tell you how long will give you the impression that they are a condam crew. crew offend ask for the flying experience befor correcting you the more senoir you are the last forgiving, its like ....you had been flying for so long and yet you still don't know.... or.... 3 months only, in that case i will teach you.....:wink:


=D> =D>

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Thu, 18 Dec 2008 9:25 am

pork12 wrote:Hmm.. So when asked the experience, are they supposed to answer at all?


They probably will but know your limits with who you are asking. :P

shenoes
Regular
Regular
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri, 31 Oct 2008

Postby shenoes » Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:35 am

ok.. i know this post is abit off the topic here.
anyone watch the nonya show in channel 8? dont u think Ou xuan gt the SQ ger look?
she look so so so pretty in the kerbaya and with her hair bun up!!
Last edited by shenoes on Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
-shenoes-

pork12
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed, 27 Aug 2008

Postby pork12 » Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:36 am

shenoes wrote:ok.. i know this post is abit off the topic here.
anyone watch the nonya show in channel 8? dont u think Ou xuan gt the SQ ger look?
she look so so so pretty in the kerbaya and with her hair band up!!

I dun like her =x
Pigs CAN fly...... right?

You can when you believe!

shenoes
Regular
Regular
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri, 31 Oct 2008

Postby shenoes » Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:39 am

pork12 wrote:[I dun like her =x


me dun like her too. especially the way she speaks. But i'm not biased too. I tink she reali is pretty in tat show :cool:

Pretty in that show ONLY :D :D :D . must emphasize cos scared later ppl tot i am her huge fan :P
-shenoes-

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008

Postby wisdom&courage » Thu, 18 Dec 2008 12:36 pm

shenoes wrote:ok.. i know this post is abit off the topic here.
anyone watch the nonya show in channel 8? dont u think Ou xuan gt the SQ ger look?
she look so so so pretty in the kerbaya and with her hair bun up!!


But her shoulders are abit weird. Like kind of hunching. I have seen her in person before and she is really pretty. She is not those cocky type (in my opinion)

Kimilogy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 23 Nov 2008
Location: lala land =)

Postby Kimilogy » Thu, 18 Dec 2008 12:41 pm

Yep! I think if girls who look like Ou Xuan go for interview..they've higher chances of being selected by SIA :wink:

User avatar
cardinail
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu, 10 Aug 2006

Postby cardinail » Thu, 18 Dec 2008 12:45 pm

they might get selected by mediacorp as well.. haha!

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008

Postby wisdom&courage » Thu, 18 Dec 2008 12:54 pm

Kimilogy wrote:Yep! I think if girls who look like Ou Xuan go for interview..they've higher chances of being selected by SIA :wink:


Erm, I disagree. SIA do not just go for looks. Does not mean that you are very pretty, you will get in. :)

az
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue, 21 Oct 2008

Postby az » Thu, 18 Dec 2008 2:12 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:
Kimilogy wrote:Yep! I think if girls who look like Ou Xuan go for interview..they've higher chances of being selected by SIA :wink:


Erm, I disagree. SIA do not just go for looks. Does not mean that you are very pretty, you will get in. :)


hmmm.. i think, they do choose those that they think will look good in the kebaya..so far, i have noticed that they choose slimmer and tall girls..from my point of view. and the girls look very demure...


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests