Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
KimberlyGin

Postby KimberlyGin » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:53 pm

I passed the management round and was waiting for my medical report. Hope everything will be fine:) I'm in the first grp, anyone same grp as mi??

zandlelightz
Regular
Regular

Postby zandlelightz » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:02 pm

mintia wrote:Hey all,

I was in Group 5 for the females, and our panel was B (1 male/1 female) and male was the one asking questions.

He seemed quite friendly, not too stuck up or moody.

Our round 1 was considered easy to other 'questions' they sometimes pose to us- "tell us about yourself and why you wish to be a cabin crew."

Ah well... getting through Round 1 is just like extending the agony by 15mins more for the kebaya round :lol:

That lady was very nice actually - who took our height and announced the resuts (though poor her was running around, very flustered) and yes, she kept mentioning "those of you who don't make it, try again for our walk in next month"

So I don't quite get it... if you're not hiring due to economic issues - then why still have recruitment drives?

*Hmmm... no news from Zandlelight yet -hope he made it!

Hello mintia. Hmm sad new for me, i got booted at round one. Did you see me. I was with Tink_15 all the way.. My group only the guy called russel got in and i think there was a 8 guys in my group. One of them is a tiger airways crew at the moment as well but he did not get in.. Strange...
How did you go....

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Postby wisdom&courage » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:13 pm

hello zandlelightz!
Are you the one who sat beside tink_15, the indian guy? I am the one who tink_15 commented that I had the same bag as her. :D

I got booted out during round 1 as well.

Congrats KimberlyGin! Is this your 1st try?

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:15 pm

mintia wrote:
So I don't quite get it... if you're not hiring due to economic issues - then why still have recruitment drives?

Recessions don't mean that people won't leave, get sacked or become to ill to work. In addition some may find other jobs within the organization retire or have completed contracts. Those who are lucky will have married a rich man - guess that excludes me. :P :lol:

zandlelightz
Regular
Regular

Postby zandlelightz » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:31 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:hello zandlelightz!
Are you the one who sat beside tink_15, the indian guy? I am the one who tink_15 commented that I had the same bag as her. :D

Hey wisdom&courage. yes i am the indian guy..Oh i think i remember you. Ok... Haha. It looks like today strict with the process and we guys got our height and weight measure first... Btw what question did u have?

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Postby wisdom&courage » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:39 pm

My question was something like, "Other than serving food and drinks, what should a CC do?" Something like that.

I should have talked about ensuring passengers' safety but I went to talk about something else. lol. stupid me.

I will be trying again for the next walk-in.

Your first try? This is my 2nd try and oh crap, gotta try again :(

KimberlyGin

Postby KimberlyGin » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:04 am

wisdom&courage wrote:hello zandlelightz!

thanks, this is my second attempt.

KimberlyGin

Postby KimberlyGin » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:06 am

wisdom&courage wrote:My question was something like, "Other than serving food and drinks, what should a CC do?" Something like that.

I should have talked about ensuring passengers' safety but I went to talk about something else. lol. stupid me.

I will be trying again for the next walk-in.

Your first try? This is my 2nd try and oh crap, gotta try again :(

My question was what's your views on the recent news about the mumbai and bangkok cases. Freak out man. luckily i'm not the first obe to speak up as i totally got no idea what to say

totallysad

GROUP 8

Postby totallysad » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:39 am

ANYONE FROM GROUP 8 HERE?
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE TWO GIRLS THAT GOT IN??
HOW WAS THEIR INTERVIEW?

I KNOW ONE WORE A SUPER SHORT SKIRT.

3ds

Re: GROUP 8

Postby 3ds » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:48 am

totallysad wrote:ANYONE FROM GROUP 8 HERE?
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE TWO GIRLS THAT GOT IN??
HOW WAS THEIR INTERVIEW?

I KNOW ONE WORE A SUPER SHORT SKIRT.

how do they look like? n how was their speech?? impressive? or they lk pretty?? ur pt of view?

Wild_Lily

Postby Wild_Lily » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 1:35 am

az wrote:
3ds wrote:
az wrote:hmmm.. i did not make it as well. 2 girls frm my grp got in the 2nd round. and it was a surprise to the rest cos both of them were REALLY SOFT SPOKEN!! I had a hard time trying to catch what they said. There were some pretty good confident girls in my grp but none made it. So sad!!!

this could be my last attempt for SIA. Cant keep trying la when I need a permanent job ASAP!! Sigh...

which grp were u on? will u try again? i mean.....u gonna give up like taT???

i was in one of the earlier groups. i went in pretty quickly. im not saying i will just give up. honestly, i also have to be realistic. economy is not so good, and SIA is not hiring as much. So i cant keep hoping and trying until i get in. I dont have that much time to keep trying..

I still have to earn some money you know cos i have been unemployed for awhile.

And lets face it, some of us may never get what we want. Call it being pessimistic. But to me, I guess I am just being realistic..

AZ, which group were u in? cos they were 2 gals in my group who got in who were rather soft spoken also..

gabbyseed

Postby gabbyseed » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 1:37 am

i guess you really don't know what they are looking for. It also depends on the interviewers/assessors, their taste, preference et cetera.
good luck to everyone for Jan 17th interview!!!

GaganX

Postby GaganX » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 8:06 am

hey mintia! what did u mean by u didnt get true cause u were supposed to be under a ban? omg i think i fell under that as well, as my 1st attempt i went all the way to the management round in the last walk in and didnt make it true this time in the second round. But the matter is, i wasent told anything?

Im not sad at all really cause the way i went out was preety amazing. And here the story goes. I was in the 1st group, im the punjabi the guy wearing white shirt and had a sling bag. So in the 1st round only 2 was picked. Me and another guy.

So my second round goes like this, did a cat walk 2wards the interviewer ;) and had to answer her questions. So 1st question was, is this your 1st attempt? i said no this is my second attempt. Second question was, so how far did u go in your 1st attempt? I said i went all the way to the management round. 3rd question was so how was the experience? I said it was a great experience for me in my 1st attempt and im now im even more determined to do even better. She said ok thank you thats all. And i didnt get choosen. So till the next time comes around, no harm trying again mahh ;) nothing beats experience!

I only have one problem, haihz so many preety girls, so little time. Hahahahha. Seriously going for this interview is like going for Miss World! Woohoo!!
I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, therefore my heart is pure.

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cythx » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 8:11 am

wisdom&courage wrote:hello cythx!!
You were in grp 3 issit? Which one is you? I am in group 2. When the lady announced that none of you got in. I was like "oh my goodness".

I'm the one wearing skirt with short hair. Before I went out I say good luck to my friend in ur group. :wink:
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

Tink_15
Regular
Regular

Postby Tink_15 » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 8:33 am

wisdom&courage wrote:Tink_15 is really tall and beautiful. While waiting, I was sitting opposite her. She is really friendly.

Tink_15, I am the girl who carried the same bag as you but different colour :D

Hhehe hi! No im not! i don't think i am hehe... our bags are the best ;) hehe. Did you get in ?! :)