Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pork12
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed, 27 Aug 2008

Postby pork12 » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 11:29 am

Thanks a lot, mintia.. You kinda lifted my morale a little... I'm actually more worried about skin check cos.... I'm still in the process of recovery.. Haha! I am so troublesome! :?
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

juz_rei
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri, 17 Oct 2008

Postby juz_rei » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 11:32 am

HI

did anyone receive a timing ffor the afternoon slot?

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008

Postby wisdom&courage » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 12:05 pm

crystalheart wrote:Gosh SIA is hiring again,maybe to replace crew like myself. Can't see reason to hire especcially having surplus cabin crew now. But for wannabe it is good news right? Details are in this blog which I happened to come across http://airlineposition1.blogspot.com
_________________


Why did you say that? You are not a good employee?

Tink_15
Regular
Regular
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri, 28 Nov 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby Tink_15 » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 1:13 pm

pork12 wrote:Time is running out...... It's already Friday and I have yet to get any invitation!!
mintia: What did you say when the panel mentioned that you're on the heavier side? And did you manage to pass thru any of the 1-1??


I know they closed a day early because of to many people applying.
BUt don't give up, still got the walk in :D

Tink_15
Regular
Regular
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri, 28 Nov 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby Tink_15 » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 1:23 pm

hafiz_ wrote:
ready_2fly wrote:May I know those who get invitation, do u still need to get thru self-intro round ? or straight to the 1-1 interview.


Yup. Interviewees will have to start from the first round just like for a walk-in. :)


Scary scary hehe... Got a feeling i am goign to be kicked out whils waiting in the q. As not Singaporian and one of hte other girls told me last time she wen to the walk in, people were walking around kicking thegirls out the were indonisian and stuff :?
Scared now :cry:

pork12
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed, 27 Aug 2008

Postby pork12 » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 1:27 pm

Tink_15 wrote:I know they closed a day early because of to many people applying.
BUt don't give up, still got the walk in :D

Yea... But I applied before they close... It's a sign.. I'm not ready yet. :?
Pigs CAN fly...... right?

You can when you believe!

User avatar
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby Abercrombie » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 1:42 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:
crystalheart wrote:Gosh SIA is hiring again,maybe to replace crew like myself. Can't see reason to hire especcially having surplus cabin crew now. But for wannabe it is good news right? Details are in this blog which I happened to come across http://airlineposition1.blogspot.com
_________________


Why did you say that? You are not a good employee?

You are right !! She had tarnished the image of The Singapore Girl. If you are really a stewardess, I hope that you will be remove from the payroll [-(

jeezz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri, 12 Dec 2008

Postby jeezz » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 2:30 pm

anyone send application few days ago before the application closed? i sent in mine on the 9th and din get the invitation! wonder is it too late when i sent.. :/

User avatar
charlene_yy
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri, 30 Dec 2005

Postby charlene_yy » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 3:32 pm

Hi all :)
my slot is at 10am.. anyone wanna head STC together?

btw... i read in my email that "Please revert with your name and identity card no. for security clearance."... does it mean we are to reply the email with the details???

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008

Postby wisdom&courage » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 3:37 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
wisdom&courage wrote:
crystalheart wrote:Gosh SIA is hiring again,maybe to replace crew like myself. Can't see reason to hire especcially having surplus cabin crew now. But for wannabe it is good news right? Details are in this blog which I happened to come across http://airlineposition1.blogspot.com
_________________


Why did you say that? You are not a good employee?

You are right !! She had tarnished the image of The Singapore Girl. If you are really a stewardess, I hope that you will be remove from the payroll [-(


eh Abercrombie, in what way did she tarnish the image of the Singapore girl? By saying that she might get replaced? :?

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008

Postby wisdom&courage » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 3:56 pm

charlene_yy wrote:Hi all :)
my slot is at 10am.. anyone wanna head STC together?

btw... i read in my email that "Please revert with your name and identity card no. for security clearance."... does it mean we are to reply the email with the details???


Hello charlene_yy!!

In my email, they did not state that, it says :

"As our office is within the security area, please exchange your Identity
Card for a visitor pass at the Police Checkpoint before you enter our
premises."

User avatar
charlene_yy
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri, 30 Dec 2005

Postby charlene_yy » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 4:01 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:
Hello charlene_yy!!

In my email, they did not state that, it says :

"As our office is within the security area, please exchange your Identity
Card for a visitor pass at the Police Checkpoint before you enter our
premises."


thanks for ur reply wisdom&courage

thats weird. anyway in my email, the part on reverting back is right after "As our office is within the security area, please exchange your Identity
Card for a visitor pass at the Police Checkpoint before you enter our
premises."

User avatar
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby Abercrombie » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 4:10 pm

The company is over run by Graduate now, they are trying to show their power in the command of English.Guess they had tried to hard to impress their bosses until nobody understand what they are trying to say :???:

diversify
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun, 23 Nov 2008

Postby diversify » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 4:10 pm

charlene_yy,

My email doesn't state anything about reverting back too. Are you a Singaporean?

User avatar
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby Abercrombie » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 4:17 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:eh Abercrombie, in what way did she tarnish the image of the Singapore girl? By saying that she might get replaced? :?


He/She use to have his/her blog link as the signature but now its another one of his/her new site, maybe the company is hot in his/her heels because of the bad publicity that he/she promote about the SQ girl in the blog:P


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest