Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
purplepig

Post by purplepig » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 4:37 pm

Care_Bear wrote:my friend is working in SQ HR, she said the response for this recent online application is overwhelming.

just got to keep our fingers crossed =)

By the way, Purplepig..when did you submit yours?

I have got this feeling they will notify the afternoon slots tmr.
hello (= i sent mine 07 dec night. im praying i'll get a reply soon.

viper
Regular
Regular

Re: .

Post by viper » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 4:44 pm

muee wrote:i send on the 5th dec and have not recieve any invitation.

Anyone the same?
I sent online application on 3rd Dec today receive email interview for 15 Dec.

Hiro nakamura

Contract

Post by Hiro nakamura » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 4:49 pm

I got my contract today should I send back by post or courier ?what is the usual practice ?your advise is much appreciate

Care_Bear

Post by Care_Bear » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 4:50 pm

DearAll, just in case any of you are not shortlisted for this round of write-in, there will be a WALK-IN on 16th Jan 2009 :D

So you may wish to book your calender first =)
There is a Time for Everything..

juz_rei

Post by juz_rei » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 4:52 pm

hi care_bear

How do you know???

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 4:58 pm

Care_Bear wrote:DearAll, just in case any of you are not shortlisted for this round of write-in, there will be a WALK-IN on 16th Jan 2009 :D

Hi, from where you get this info that there will be a WALK-IN on 16th Jan 2009??? I check on their webside and there is nothing about WALK-IN for next year. :?
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

Care_Bear

Re: Contract

Post by Care_Bear » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 4:59 pm

Hiro nakamura wrote:I got my contract today should I send back by post or courier ?what is the usual practice ?your advise is much appreciate
Hello Hiro, can I check what contract did they mail to you? is it the Bond?
Inside the contract..does it requires a surety to sign off?

fairlady_1504

Re: Medical Check-up

Post by fairlady_1504 » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 5:00 pm

qantasboy wrote:For the check-up, you would be required to go for a urine test first. Then, they will ask you to go for the X-Ray. After the X-Ray, you would be required to go for the eye sight test and height and weight. After all that, the doctor will see you for blood pressure test and, ahem, full body check-up :wink: For males, she will get you to lie down and check every part of the body. Then, she will check for flat foot as well.
hello qantasboy, i wonder how long does the med-check result being informed to us? me in indonesia also have the similar medical check up process :p

Care_Bear

Post by Care_Bear » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 5:02 pm

cythx wrote:
Care_Bear wrote:DearAll, just in case any of you are not shortlisted for this round of write-in, there will be a WALK-IN on 16th Jan 2009 :D

Hi, from where you get this info that there will be a WALK-IN on 16th Jan 2009??? I check on their webside and there is nothing about WALK-IN for next year. :?
Hi Cythx, lets just say i have got some friends in SQ HR..
they will release in papers at a later date.

juz_rei

Post by juz_rei » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 5:08 pm

hi care_bear,

did your friend say that they are in need of crew at the moment?
will it be a big recruitment this time round?

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 5:08 pm

Walk-in on a weekday?? I thought their walk-ins are always on a weekday? Or am I wrong ar? :???:
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

qantasboy

Re: Medical Check-up

Post by qantasboy » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 5:12 pm

fairlady_1504 wrote:
qantasboy wrote:For the check-up, you would be required to go for a urine test first. Then, they will ask you to go for the X-Ray. After the X-Ray, you would be required to go for the eye sight test and height and weight. After all that, the doctor will see you for blood pressure test and, ahem, full body check-up :wink: For males, she will get you to lie down and check every part of the body. Then, she will check for flat foot as well.
hello qantasboy, i wonder how long does the med-check result being informed to us? me in indonesia also have the similar medical check up process :p
I don't know... I am very anxious now because I called SIA in the morning and they told me that my medical report has not been released by the clinic. However, I remember asking the assistant in the clinic and she mentioned that it will normally be released to SIA in 24 hours... Wonder what happened to mine...
Last edited by qantasboy on Tue, 09 Dec 2008 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Care_Bear

Post by Care_Bear » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 5:18 pm

juz_rei wrote:hi care_bear,

did your friend say that they are in need of crew at the moment?
will it be a big recruitment this time round?
Hi Rei, i didn't asked that. However, my friend told me briefly that there will be recruitment in Jan and Mar2009.

so i guess there are only 2 possibilities, either they really need crews or they couldn't get any "good stuffs" for their previous adverts

Hiro nakamura

Re: Contract

Post by Hiro nakamura » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 6:11 pm

Care_Bear wrote:
Hiro nakamura wrote:I got my contract today should I send back by post or courier ?what is the usual practice ?your advise is much appreciate
Hello Hiro, can I check what contract did they mail to you? is it the Bond?
Inside the contract..does it requires a surety to sign off?

Yes Care Bear, You are absolutely right ,those who is selected are require to find a surety to sign off and revert back to them accordingly .

Tink_15
Regular
Regular

Post by Tink_15 » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 7:41 pm

No one else at 10:30? I think i want to go early just to be safe hehe.. anyone want to go together. I'm going to take number 10 bus to simpang then change to number 2 bus :)
Am i going to be the only ang moh ???? :oops: