Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 3:04 am

rachelhoe wrote:can i say i will offer him alternatives like other frizzy drinks/ soft drinks. take special effort to serve him. if he insist on getting more alcohol i will tell him we ran out of alcohol on board/ he reach the limit each passenger can consume then again i will offer him other drinks.
and after this if he stills insist i will approach my leader(?)/ in-charged for assistance.
can? i am more concern about how to handle the complaining part =(.
i might just say " i will sincerly appolgise to the passenger about the unpleasant trip he had hoping that the flight will not affect the rest of his trip and that we will take note of his comments to ensure that such complains will not happen again. ending it with thanking him for flying with singapore airlines" (i'm quite stunned by this question)


Excuse of running out of alcohol is incorrect. You have business and first class (depending on a/c) to obtain alternatives. :)

Nevertheless, if you do observe that the passenger is drunk (all tell tale signs), you will need to cease serving him the alcohols. Just inform him that no more alcohol will be served and would he like some hot tea or hot towel to freshen up.

Do inform your complex leader and fellow crews regarding this immediately. And if he is getting rowdy or touchy with any female passengers around him, further actions should be taken to ensure the safety of the rest of the passengers.

Do not worry about complaints for this instance. The company and passengers in the zone will and can back you up. 8-)

User avatar
deja
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon, 24 Mar 2008

Postby deja » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 3:49 am

Wild_Lily wrote:hey how did u ans the qn abt the drunk passenger?


I wasn't personally posted this qn. but apparently, forumers have already generated pretty good answer in response to this qn. :wink:

what do you all think about the other qn?
scenario: In flight, a passenger who claimed to have an unpleasant experience with the ground crew complained to you, what will you do? and how will you respond to him?

I was posted this and frankly speaking, based on the interviewer's reactions, I didn't respond to this very well, though I managed to pull through the round.
Last edited by deja on Mon, 24 Nov 2008 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
deja
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon, 24 Mar 2008

Postby deja » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 4:13 am

sherrielynn wrote:
ah , i see similiar questions being questioned.
expactations, irregular rest, drunk passenger.. reminds me of my interview last mth.

anyways seen the past few pages, dont give up ladies/gents.
maybe try for the walk in.

i guess i will be seeing flawlessbeauty in batch 66/08.
deja, i hope to see u too !
good luck !


thx u for the blessing! :)
congrats to you too! You were like my silent motivation yesterday when i anxiously kept on wondering how far i could go in this first-attempt of mine.

too bad my round 4 interview is tentatively postponded now as i can't make it for the next scheduled interview day on tuesday.


mintia wrote:Hi Teztez, did you have the 3 months inbetween each management round? Wow. ok you are giving me some hope now - cos I'm feeling REALLY crappy after failing my management round for the 2nd time.

And yes girls, when you fail the final round - the lady will say "if you wish to try again, try in 2 months time". There's this 2 - 3 mths ban after the final round, which my cousin had told me it's so that the panel won't remember you and be biased. I did try to go during the ban period and for sure I didn't even make it through round 1 (apparently they are too 'polite' to turn you away & they will let you through but for sure you will get kicked out at round 1)

I too have applied for BA and got invitation for 1st round interview in Dec, but am feeling disheartened now...mainly because I really wanted it so much to get in today and the SIA has always been my 1st (in fact only choice for a long long time...before i finally decided to apply for another airline) and I'm not sure if I will be happy with my 2nd choice =(

Oh well... looking at the list of people who made it to management round, there were a lot of NO as compared to the YES. I got there at 9.15am and was in the last group of people to finish the managament round (saw the group after filling up form and leaving as they will go to STC). Think it was a max of 10 - 15 who made it through for the 23rd Nov session.

Well at least I'm glad I had nice girls with me while waiting. Hope the ex-EK CC clears medical and to the sweet young girl who just passed her A Levels, if her friends are reading this - don't fret! Try again after the 2 mths (3mths to be safer) Just remember to have neater hair and put on a bit of make up. :)


we must have met! coz I saw what you saw too. was the ex-EK CC the one in green carrying a LV bag? if so, unfortunately, no one else among those who managed to get interviewed after her passed. :-|

User avatar
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Re: :)

Postby Abercrombie » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 6:04 am

candybar wrote:hi u said 10% sucess chance in interview but was not even able to go for the next interview....anyway 2cm i dont think makes a difference between 156cm n 158cm where passengers will be able to see me a not la...2cm not 2 inch ...but rules r still rules since they have so many to choose so doesn't matter to them about our hard waiting time wasted! :)

What I meant is 10% success rate if you were really VERY impressive during the interview, so much so that the interviewer decided to let you through. Anyway 2inches = 2cm not much different too, so at what minimum height do you think they should set at?

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 6:17 am

ReiszRie wrote: i believe it would be wise to inform the passenger that too much alcohol has a negative effect on individuals especially in a pressurised cabin and subsequently re-assure the passenger that the crew places their passenger's safety and well-being before all else.



I would like to see how much success you are likely to have considering the fact that most passengers never even bother reading the safety instructions. :roll:

ReiszRie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun, 23 Nov 2008

Postby ReiszRie » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 7:48 am

Plavt wrote:
ReiszRie wrote: i believe it would be wise to inform the passenger that too much alcohol has a negative effect on individuals especially in a pressurised cabin and subsequently re-assure the passenger that the crew places their passenger's safety and well-being before all else.



I would like to see how much success you are likely to have considering the fact that most passengers never even bother reading the safety instructions. :roll:


which is why they should be informed with regards to the matter at hand.

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 7:51 am

ReiszRie wrote:
which is why they should be informed with regards to the matter at hand.



#-o My point was: if they they are not interested in the safety cards or for that matter the announcements do you really think they will listen to you telling them about the risks of drinking in-flight? :roll:

ReiszRie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun, 23 Nov 2008

Postby ReiszRie » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 8:17 am

Plavt wrote:
ReiszRie wrote:
which is why they should be informed with regards to the matter at hand.



#-o My point was: if they they are not interested in the safety cards or for that matter the announcements do you really think they will listen to you telling them about the risks of drinking in-flight? :roll:


well, we can't base our actions solely on the assumption that the passenger ain't interested.

ultimately, its simply for procedures sake.

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 8:33 am

ReiszRie wrote:well, we can't base our actions solely on the assumption that the passenger ain't interested.



I never said you should, you might care to take a look at your original post;
i believe it would be wise to inform the passenger that too much alcohol has a negative effect on individuals especially in a pressurised cabin and subsequently re-assure the passenger that the crew places their passenger's safety and well-being before all else. . Procedure or not somebody with too much alcohol inside him/her might just be too inebriated to even comprehend what you are saying let alone adhere to it. :roll:

ReiszRie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun, 23 Nov 2008

Postby ReiszRie » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 8:43 am

Plavt wrote:
ReiszRie wrote:well, we can't base our actions solely on the assumption that the passenger ain't interested.



I never said you should, you might care to take a look at your original post;
i believe it would be wise to inform the passenger that too much alcohol has a negative effect on individuals especially in a pressurised cabin and subsequently re-assure the passenger that the crew places their passenger's safety and well-being before all else. . Procedure or not somebody with too much alcohol inside him/her might just be too inebriated to even comprehend what you are saying let alone adhere to it. :roll:


similarly, if such a situation is present, there really isn't much one could do.

mintia
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun, 24 Aug 2008

Postby mintia » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 9:51 am

deja wrote:
sherrielynn wrote:
ah , i see similiar questions being questioned.
expactations, irregular rest, drunk passenger.. reminds me of my interview last mth.

anyways seen the past few pages, dont give up ladies/gents.
maybe try for the walk in.

i guess i will be seeing flawlessbeauty in batch 66/08.
deja, i hope to see u too !
good luck !


thx u for the blessing! :)
congrats to you too! You were like my silent motivation yesterday when i anxiously kept on wondering how far i could go in this first-attempt of mine.

too bad my round 4 interview is tentatively postponded now as i can't make it for the next scheduled interview day on tuesday.


mintia wrote:Hi Teztez, did you have the 3 months inbetween each management round? Wow. ok you are giving me some hope now - cos I'm feeling REALLY crappy after failing my management round for the 2nd time.

And yes girls, when you fail the final round - the lady will say "if you wish to try again, try in 2 months time". There's this 2 - 3 mths ban after the final round, which my cousin had told me it's so that the panel won't remember you and be biased. I did try to go during the ban period and for sure I didn't even make it through round 1 (apparently they are too 'polite' to turn you away & they will let you through but for sure you will get kicked out at round 1)

I too have applied for BA and got invitation for 1st round interview in Dec, but am feeling disheartened now...mainly because I really wanted it so much to get in today and the SIA has always been my 1st (in fact only choice for a long long time...before i finally decided to apply for another airline) and I'm not sure if I will be happy with my 2nd choice =(

Oh well... looking at the list of people who made it to management round, there were a lot of NO as compared to the YES. I got there at 9.15am and was in the last group of people to finish the managament round (saw the group after filling up form and leaving as they will go to STC). Think it was a max of 10 - 15 who made it through for the 23rd Nov session.

Well at least I'm glad I had nice girls with me while waiting. Hope the ex-EK CC clears medical and to the sweet young girl who just passed her A Levels, if her friends are reading this - don't fret! Try again after the 2 mths (3mths to be safer) Just remember to have neater hair and put on a bit of make up. :)


we must have met! coz I saw what you saw too. was the ex-EK CC the one in green carrying a LV bag? if so, unfortunately, no one else among those who managed to get interviewed after her passed. :-|



Deja> hey, if you were in my group, how come you didn't manage to get your interview?! It was too late for you? The ex-EK was in blue with LV bag and long hair... I'm the one in the blue/Grey printed dress. Well, it might be a blessing in disguise that you didn't get it on Sunday - as they sure were not in a generous mood!

Wow - when I left with the young girl and ex-EK girl, there were like 6 girls left waiting for interview... and they ALL didn't make it? That makes the number of people who passed on Sunday about 10 I think...

Still wondering why I failed - no way to ever find out eh? *wish I had someone working inside the administrative side of SIA now*

shenoes
Regular
Regular
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri, 31 Oct 2008

Postby shenoes » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:27 am

hmmm i dun think there's any ban in SIA unless u violated the rules like requeue after u had failed. like i said, the handsome malay guy who failed the management rd was told by the SIA lady to try again 2 mths later for the walk in interview and from wat I heard, there might nt be any dec walk in, maybe write in haf ba..

also, i've gt a male fren, his gf tried for freaking 7 times!! lucky she gt in oready. Tat's alot of motivation n perserverance i must say!!

so i guess there isit any ban ba unless one had violated the rules...

oh oh.. i over heard the last walk in interview they had, out of 1000 plus, they only selected 8-11. Is that true? OMG!! they are freaking strict man!! or maybe thats why SIa can held walk in interviews and write ins like every 3-4 mths cos they only select so lil ppl? tats my guess la..
-shenoes-

liquidator_of_love
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 24 Nov 2008

Postby liquidator_of_love » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:42 am

Hi everyone,

i have scanned through some of the questions posted on this topic and thought i might try to answer some of them. First of all, congrats to all the ladies and guys out there who got in from yesterday's interview. Maybe I will be seeing you at the pre-employment briefing this thursday. This is my very first time trying out for the SIA interview:

In my intro: I tried my best to sound confident (and i really don't remember sounding or acting submissive, but hey who knows). I was the only one who got in (much to my surprise) because I thought there were some really great intros in my group. I think they are looking for someone with a memorable speech, and confidence. Slim girls they will sieve out later in the kebaya round.

Kebaya: 6 out of 10 in my group got in. Mostly slim girls with good complexion here. I think they don't want someone who looks too ah lian too.

HR interview: very high success rate here! 5 out of the 6 got in. they will ask some simple questions and even ask you to read a passage!

management interview: i am not sure of success rate here. 2 of my girlfriends in my group had to postpone their interviews. Seems that the first 2 who went in before me did not get in because I did not see their names on the pre-employment briefing list. Another girl was after me. From what I saw on the list, 3 guy names, I was the first stewardess to be signed on.

Mainly in this interview, there were two interviewers, asking me some really tough questions. But I am pretty well trained for interviews, given that in my current job I went through an intensive one. He was asking me things like why do you want to quit your job, we can't pay you as well as your current job, will you regret it, stuff along those lines. Think I heard that he is the SVP of Cabin Crew and he is very very selective because he only wants the best.

Hoped that answered some of your questions. For those who did not get through, please don't be disheartened. Do ask me if you need tips. I will try my best to help.

Deja, were we in the management round together? i was in one of the earliest batch.
deja wrote:
thx u for the blessing! :)
congrats to you too! You were like my silent motivation yesterday when i anxiously kept on wondering how far i could go in this first-attempt of mine.

too bad my round 4 interview is tentatively postponded now as i can't make it for the next scheduled interview day on tuesday.



yellowpig
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat, 12 Jan 2008
Contact:

Postby yellowpig » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 11:15 am

hey L_O_L,

congrats in getting in ! may i ask how old are you?

can't wait for my turn to go to interviewwww...

juz_rei
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri, 17 Oct 2008

Postby juz_rei » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 11:20 am

Hi liquidator_of_love,

Just to check with you .. which group are you from in the frist round?
Group 1 / 2?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests