Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Tori

Postby Tori » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 3:40 pm

Yes, u'll be required to wear tat too..

:)

silly wrote:I am relieved! Got thru the first round. Praying very hard for the next round. My biggest worry was the height component, which I really gotta Thank God that it wasnt an issue at all. I was measured at 159 today when I though I was 157 or 158!

However, I understand that at the Kebaya round, they will take your height again. So Im praying hard I will pass the height test. Wana thank all the contributors to this forum, who provided all the tips and own experiences.

One question, the Kebaya round, does it include wearing the SIA sandals also?

Ganbatte Gals!

Paige

Postby Paige » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 3:41 pm

silly wrote:I am relieved! Got thru the first round. Praying very hard for the next round. My biggest worry was the height component, which I really gotta Thank God that it wasnt an issue at all. I was measured at 159 today when I though I was 157 or 158!

However, I understand that at the Kebaya round, they will take your height again. So Im praying hard I will pass the height test. Wana thank all the contributors to this forum, who provided all the tips and own experiences.

One question, the Kebaya round, does it include wearing the SIA sandals also?

Ganbatte Gals!


Hi Silly,
Congrats that you got thru the first round! :D All the best for the rest of your rounds.. :wink:

Guest

Postby Guest » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 4:28 pm

hi jaymee and silly,

congrats to both of u for getting thru to the next round. :)

would like to ask a question? are there any girls who are age 26-29 during the interviews?

thanks...

FAwannabe

Postby FAwannabe » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 4:38 pm

silly wrote:I am relieved! Got thru the first round. Praying very hard for the next round. My biggest worry was the height component, which I really gotta Thank God that it wasnt an issue at all. I was measured at 159 today when I though I was 157 or 158!

However, I understand that at the Kebaya round, they will take your height again. So Im praying hard I will pass the height test. Wana thank all the contributors to this forum, who provided all the tips and own experiences.

One question, the Kebaya round, does it include wearing the SIA sandals also?

Ganbatte Gals!


hey gal,

how did u introduce urself? r u a christian??

Guest

Postby Guest » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 4:48 pm

Hi there! Does anyone know what's the psychometric test is about?

purpur

Postby purpur » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 5:24 pm

Anonymous wrote:Hi there! Does anyone know what's the psychometric test is about?


personally, the psychometric test is like a questionaire about urself... dun worry too much abt it... its said to be a reference for the mgmt interview.. For my case, they didnt refer back to the test during my mgmt interview.. Be more prepared for the kebaya check and water confidence test..
Congrats to those who made it thru the first round!
Good Luck!

Silly

Postby Silly » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 7:07 pm

Thanks Purpur for the info.
1)Purpur, you are a flight attendant now?
2)Do you know what are the areas to watch out for in this stage (kebaya, water confidence & psycho) so that wont get kicked out?

Hey Tori,
I am a roman catholic.

To Guest who asked what to say for intro. No guidelines. Just say your name, your age, your current job, and you can add your hobbies and why you wana fly.

Guest

Postby Guest » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 7:12 pm

purpur wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Hi there! Does anyone know what's the psychometric test is about?


personally, the psychometric test is like a questionaire about urself... dun worry too much abt it... its said to be a reference for the mgmt interview.. For my case, they didnt refer back to the test during my mgmt interview.. Be more prepared for the kebaya check and water confidence test..
Congrats to those who made it thru the first round!
Good Luck!


Thanks Purpur! So does it mean that the interview doesn't end there? There'll be another round after the water confidence test?

curiousone

Postby curiousone » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 8:54 pm

Silly wrote:Thanks Purpur for the info.
1)Purpur, you are a flight attendant now?
2)Do you know what are the areas to watch out for in this stage (kebaya, water confidence & psycho) so that wont get kicked out?

Hey Tori,
I am a roman catholic.

To Guest who asked what to say for intro. No guidelines. Just say your name, your age, your current job, and you can add your hobbies and why you wana fly.


and wat is ur response for the latter qn; why u wanna fly?

jaymee

Postby jaymee » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 9:42 pm

hi purpur, i gotta question for you... what are the odds of someone making it past the second day interviews (water confidence, kebaya check and the psychometric test)?

on the first day, i reckon that 3 out of 10 of those who go for interviews made it to the second round and out of that 2 made it to the third round.... wat is your take on the second day? i juz wanna prepare myself for wats to come, thanx!!

jaymee

Postby jaymee » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 9:43 pm

Anonymous wrote:hi jaymee and silly,

congrats to both of u for getting thru to the next round. :)

would like to ask a question? are there any girls who are age 26-29 during the interviews?

thanks...


in my group, the ages range from 21 to 23...

purpur

Postby purpur » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 9:48 pm

i was from the previous batch of intake and will be starting my training soon..
Guest, there are 2 more stages to go if u pass the water confidence test..
but it will be scheduled on another day..for me, i waited abt 3weeks for the email...
Silly, juz try to conceal the flaws on ur face and put on good makeup.. how u carry the kebaya will depends on ur built and stuff... personally, after the kebaya check, there was nothing more to watch out.. Juz dun hesistate to jump at the water confidence stage....

purpur

Postby purpur » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 9:54 pm

jaymee wrote:hi purpur, i gotta question for you... what are the odds of someone making it past the second day interviews (water confidence, kebaya check and the psychometric test)?

on the first day, i reckon that 3 out of 10 of those who go for interviews made it to the second round and out of that 2 made it to the third round.... wat is your take on the second day? i juz want to prepare myself for wats to come, thanx!!


im not veri sure abt the odds..for my grp, half were kicked out at the kebaya stage.. and the rest made it thru the other 2 tests.. dun be too nervous...my previous post stated some of the things to look out for in the stages...

silly

purpur

Postby silly » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 10:24 pm

To Guest
- Why you wana fly? The answer has to come from you yourself. Cause, as of many posts above, you have to mean what you say, any pretense will obviously be seen through. Eg. You may wana fly because you wana travel the world, or because you wana broaden your horizons
- My group interview consists of gals age btw 22 to 26. Im 25.

Hey Pupur,
Thank you so so much for the tips again. One more question,
- Any idea what is the main reason why at kebaya test only half makes it? Isit mainly flaws/overweight/underweight or height? (My concern is the height part. They do take your height again after you change into the kebaya?)
Ah and lastly, when your training begins?

Guest

Postby Guest » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 10:34 pm

is it true that it's kinda racist in selection - that only few malay or indian guys/girls make it through selection?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests