Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
rachelhoe

Post by rachelhoe » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:25 pm

actually for the 30++ groups i see quite a lot of people getting thru. about 4.6 eacht time.. and my group has like 5 of them around my age haha. but all didnt made it thru the kebaya round. sad sad sad sad. first time!
One bad thing about making a deal with the devil is, he always comes to collect.

viewfromthetop

Post by viewfromthetop » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:27 pm

estelle19 wrote:I had 2 friends who went, one made it to 2nd round (only 4 out of 10 from the first round and out of the 4, 1 made it to management round.).
The other one made it to management round but got booted out. She told me they asked the same sort of questions throughout the 4 rounds, she answered the same for all rounds but not sure why she couldn't pass the management round. Now she's got a ban and is really sad.
what? ban? why so?
..if you could only read my mind..

deja

Re: .............

Post by deja » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:33 pm

sunshinesummer wrote:green top n LV bag is me. why why why? =p
so you were the one making it through all the way till the 4th round, weren't you? :roll:

sunshinesummer

Post by sunshinesummer » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:34 pm

nope, i didnt... who say one?

My skin sucks lah. After kebaya, byebye already.

candybar

nobody can be worse than me...

Post by candybar » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:35 pm

haha..i was worse..my height was 156cm and they refuse to let me go through even though i tried to ask if i am able to touch the red line...i went for the interview before, first time was ok they passed me, so those below 158cm dont bother to go...i queue for 2 hours to realise even 2cm they didnt allowed...too bad...

deja

Post by deja » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:35 pm

viewfromthetop wrote:
estelle19 wrote:I had 2 friends who went, one made it to 2nd round (only 4 out of 10 from the first round and out of the 4, 1 made it to management round.).
The other one made it to management round but got booted out. She told me they asked the same sort of questions throughout the 4 rounds, she answered the same for all rounds but not sure why she couldn't pass the management round. Now she's got a ban and is really sad.
what? ban? why so?
all who made it to but failed the 4th round are not eligible to apply for cc in the next 3 (or 2?) months.

this is the so called 'ban' :?

candybar

height

Post by candybar » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:36 pm

anyone knows if all the other airliness require more than 158cm??

rachelhoe

Post by rachelhoe » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:38 pm

i was talking to one of the girls she's really tall and skinny. very pretty too. she;s actually going for british air interview in dec but she's at sheraton towers to boost her courage and practice. not bad not bad. kebaya is so tight.
One bad thing about making a deal with the devil is, he always comes to collect.

deja

Re: ..

Post by deja » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:41 pm

sunshinesummer wrote:nope, i didnt... who say one?

My skin sucks lah. After kebaya, byebye already.
oh oh oh. wrong person then :lol:
when I entered the hall for round 4, a girl had just been accepted and she was receiving briefing :D she was in green with a LV bag.

lucky combination? probably. since you made it through round 1! probably you can wear the same combination again during your next attempt of interview. :wink:

sunshinesummer

Post by sunshinesummer » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:43 pm

never mind lah..hahha...

rachelhoe

Re: height

Post by rachelhoe » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:43 pm

candybar wrote:anyone knows if all the other airliness require more than 158cm??
i guess its about the same? there's this girl infront of me. 157.. then she asked them to take the height again, they did and she couldnt clear. damn sad. i am about 161-163 and they took 163! haha tip: must stand really really really straight and look up. =)

candybar

sad

Post by candybar » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:45 pm

hmmm so wasted le cause queue so long so demoralizing..so that gal just left?but i heard some they give chances ask her try touch the red line...but for me they say cannot cause medical also need to clear...

rachelhoe

Post by rachelhoe » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:47 pm

yar they didnt allow her to try. i guess the height is the issue lor. i didnt expect them to measure me as 163 too.. must stand straight really. you can try again!!

candybar

:(

Post by candybar » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:57 pm

ya..so she must be feeling very sad??me felt quite embarass lo...

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 10:00 pm

If you are below 158cm then No chance at all, unless measurement error or you are a "white horse". Those at 158 and above but look shorter then that will be ask to go for the reach Test to comfirm, can't reach then bye bye too. 1st requirement is 158cm then Reach Test. If you are under 158cm but can touch the red line, 90% chances still bye bye because passenger will not be able to see you in the cabin! Thats why its the 1st requirement. 10% of success is because you are really so impressive during the interviews. Hope that clarify any doubts about the issue :wink: