Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
az
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue, 21 Oct 2008

Postby az » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 2:57 pm

sillyflower wrote:
az wrote:
Kimilogy wrote:Sheraton Hotel was really crowded juz now!

i reali wonder wat are they looking for in the 1st rnd(intro)...
2 out of 10 got in for my grp.
Those who speak with confidence didn't get in...
but the girl who was extremely nervous and kept on stammering during her speech got in! (perhaps she's a CC with Emirates..that's why?!)
or is it true that they're juz looking for slim girls..?

Can someone pls tell me wat r they looking for during the 1st rnd???

:cry:




slim girls. i swear. the ones that got in frm my grp were really slim.


Yes, there were many slim girls in our group. AZ, I'm in your group too. =) Hey, nice meeting you! Are you trying again?



ok, this is scary. which one are u? oh wait..are u one of the twins?

User avatar
Mighty Mouse
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun, 23 Nov 2008
Location: in the north

Postby Mighty Mouse » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 2:59 pm

randy11d wrote:mighty mouse which group were u in?

i was in group 2 .. onli got 1 guy got in..

sillyflower
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2008

Postby sillyflower » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:00 pm

az wrote:
sillyflower wrote:
az wrote:
Kimilogy wrote:Sheraton Hotel was really crowded juz now!

i reali wonder wat are they looking for in the 1st rnd(intro)...
2 out of 10 got in for my grp.
Those who speak with confidence didn't get in...
but the girl who was extremely nervous and kept on stammering during her speech got in! (perhaps she's a CC with Emirates..that's why?!)
or is it true that they're juz looking for slim girls..?

Can someone pls tell me wat r they looking for during the 1st rnd???

:cry:




slim girls. i swear. the ones that got in frm my grp were really slim.


Yes, there were many slim girls in our group. AZ, I'm in your group too. =) Hey, nice meeting you! Are you trying again?



ok, this is scary. which one are u? oh wait..are u one of the twins?


Scary? This is fun. LOL~ I'm the girl before Joyce (2nd last). Well... =)

viewfromthetop
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun, 16 Nov 2008

Postby viewfromthetop » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:02 pm

sillyflower wrote:
az wrote:
sillyflower wrote:
az wrote:
Kimilogy wrote:Sheraton Hotel was really crowded juz now!

i reali wonder wat are they looking for in the 1st rnd(intro)...
2 out of 10 got in for my grp.
Those who speak with confidence didn't get in...
but the girl who was extremely nervous and kept on stammering during her speech got in! (perhaps she's a CC with Emirates..that's why?!)
or is it true that they're juz looking for slim girls..?

Can someone pls tell me wat r they looking for during the 1st rnd???

:cry:




slim girls. i swear. the ones that got in frm my grp were really slim.


Yes, there were many slim girls in our group. AZ, I'm in your group too. =) Hey, nice meeting you! Are you trying again?



ok, this is scary. which one are u? oh wait..are u one of the twins?


Scary? This is fun. LOL~ I'm the girl before Joyce (2nd last). Well... =)


az is scared cos she thot u might be Hui Ting or Geraldine. :p
..if you could only read my mind..

User avatar
windancer04
Regular
Regular
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008
Location: singapore

Postby windancer04 » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:12 pm

hi, for those pple tt went today how was the interview? wad question they ask in rd 1 this time rd?
♥Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT and IT WILL BE YOURS (Mark 11:24)♥

sillyflower
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2008

Postby sillyflower » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:16 pm

windancer04 wrote:hi, for those pple tt went today how was the interview? wad question they ask in rd 1 this time rd?


The usual self-introduction but the whole process is hmmm... like what drumx said "based on luck".

az
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue, 21 Oct 2008

Postby az » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:18 pm

okay, to those who are offended frm my previous posts, i apologise sincerely. i do not mean wat i said. im sure u all were chosen based on ur qualities...i think i said it out of envy and i was disappointed with myself..my sincerest apologies....

viewfromthetop
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun, 16 Nov 2008

Postby viewfromthetop » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:21 pm

az wrote:okay, to those who are offended frm my previous posts, i apologise sincerely. i do not mean wat i said. im sure u all were chosen based on ur qualities...i think i said it out of envy and i was disappointed with myself..my sincerest apologies....


not offended at all az~!
..if you could only read my mind..

az
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue, 21 Oct 2008

Postby az » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:25 pm

viewfromthetop wrote:
az wrote:okay, to those who are offended frm my previous posts, i apologise sincerely. i do not mean wat i said. im sure u all were chosen based on ur qualities...i think i said it out of envy and i was disappointed with myself..my sincerest apologies....


not offended at all az~!


thank u for accepting my apology..really.. i feel really bad abt wat i said and yes, i was being a bit bitchy..im SOOOO SORRRYYY.....

viewfromthetop
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun, 16 Nov 2008

Postby viewfromthetop » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:26 pm

az wrote:
viewfromthetop wrote:
az wrote:okay, to those who are offended frm my previous posts, i apologise sincerely. i do not mean wat i said. im sure u all were chosen based on ur qualities...i think i said it out of envy and i was disappointed with myself..my sincerest apologies....


not offended at all az~!


thank u for accepting my apology..really.. i feel really bad abt wat i said and yes, i was being a bit bitchy..im SOOOO SORRRYYY.....


okok..so back to the topic...

so what r they looking for..
..if you could only read my mind..

az
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue, 21 Oct 2008

Postby az » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:32 pm

viewfromthetop wrote:
az wrote:
viewfromthetop wrote:
az wrote:okay, to those who are offended frm my previous posts, i apologise sincerely. i do not mean wat i said. im sure u all were chosen based on ur qualities...i think i said it out of envy and i was disappointed with myself..my sincerest apologies....


not offended at all az~!


thank u for accepting my apology..really.. i feel really bad abt wat i said and yes, i was being a bit bitchy..im SOOOO SORRRYYY.....


okok..so back to the topic...

so what r they looking for..


entah la..it really depends on luck..now after 2 times, i really think it depends on luck..cos based on just now, i thot sillyflower made a good intro and i thot she stood out, but she did not make it..so entah eh...could be they look at looks also, ur confidence, blah blah blah...

diversify
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun, 23 Nov 2008

Postby diversify » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:32 pm

viewfromthetop wrote:
az wrote:
viewfromthetop wrote:
az wrote:okay, to those who are offended frm my previous posts, i apologise sincerely. i do not mean wat i said. im sure u all were chosen based on ur qualities...i think i said it out of envy and i was disappointed with myself..my sincerest apologies....


not offended at all az~!


thank u for accepting my apology..really.. i feel really bad abt wat i said and yes, i was being a bit bitchy..im SOOOO SORRRYYY.....


okok..so back to the topic...

so what r they looking for..


ahahaha.. cust svc experience? noticed how almost everyone will "boast" about their cust svc skills and the level of satisfaction they get from it.. lol.. not everyone who did so got in though.. so, tough question.. foreign language isn't mandatory, that's for sure..

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:33 pm

Mighty Mouse wrote:i guess the intake for steward really very little..
quite demoralising when the lady told us that onli 1 out of 10 will get in .. haiz.. :(
i`m thinking too what they actually want and looking for during the first interview..
:???:


Not surprising when there is an excess of stewards, probably stewardess too. :shock:

sillyflower
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2008

Postby sillyflower » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:35 pm

viewfromthetop wrote:
az wrote:
viewfromthetop wrote:
az wrote:okay, to those who are offended frm my previous posts, i apologise sincerely. i do not mean wat i said. im sure u all were chosen based on ur qualities...i think i said it out of envy and i was disappointed with myself..my sincerest apologies....


not offended at all az~!


thank u for accepting my apology..really.. i feel really bad abt wat i said and yes, i was being a bit bitchy..im SOOOO SORRRYYY.....


okok..so back to the topic...

so what r they looking for..


I think they are hmm... looking for submissive girls with average confidence who will conform to their herd system. What do you guys think?

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:38 pm

diversify wrote: foreign language isn't mandatory, that's for sure..


That's correct. It the overall package they are looking for. I guess no one can ever narrow down the selection criteria. :twisted:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests