Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jlayl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 7:13 pm

Post by jlayl » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 9:05 pm

see you there, Idenice. :)

jlayl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 7:13 pm

Post by jlayl » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 9:07 pm

jetset wrote:
sherrielynn wrote:im actually standing at 167 but at STC i was measured at 166.
me too, i'm standing at 163.5 but in STC i was measure 162. i'm very sure because i went to the clinic sometime after for a check up and they have to take my height and weight.

hopefully the one in sheraton will be more accurate.
yah, PLEASE be a more accurate! Maximum I can allow them to minus off is 1cm. I can't imagine being kicked out cos of that problem which lies in their measurement and not in me! Its like, so.... unfair.
but at least for you ppl who are more than 160, I guess it doesn't incriminate you girls in anyway since you just have to be above 158cm. :)

stripes
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:26 am

Post by stripes » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 9:36 pm

For those received invitation for the walk-in this Sunday with allocated time slot, will you follow the time or go earlier?

Cos was thinking if go early then will they wonder, why simple instruction you can't follow? Do we need to inform them that we received the invitation or just queue as per normal?

User avatar
sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 9:09 pm
Location: Northern Side of Sunny Island.

Post by sherrielynn » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 9:53 pm

stripes wrote:For those received invitation for the walk-in this Sunday with allocated time slot, will you follow the time or go earlier?

Cos was thinking if go early then will they wonder, why simple instruction you can't follow? Do we need to inform them that we received the invitation or just queue as per normal?
when i went for my walk in, my appt time was 9 am, but we were group with the 10am ones as well. as long as they can fit 10 in a gp, i dont see why you cant go early. i've friends whose slots are at 3.30 they were there at 2. :D
Flutterby Flutterby

Terie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 11:57 pm
Contact:

Post by Terie » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:21 pm

Im 16 and im already doing my homework here! :lol:
I really hope someday i'll be able to be one of the Cabin Crew in SQ

but my skins really bad, pimples and acne and blackheads.
Do you guys know how to remove it? :(

yuanz
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 10:58 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: SIA Requirements

Post by yuanz » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 12:45 am

jlayl wrote:
yuanz wrote:
eLmYrA_1984 wrote: Hey thank u so much for ur reply..boosted my morale a little bit though...hehehe...good luck to u dear n everyone here... :)
hey, just to share.. SIA is very strict on their requirements cause u'll not be able to register if u dont meet the minimum educational requirement in the first place and will most prob be sent back when you're queueing up for registration..so the best option would be to get a diploma or retake an o level paper just to secure tt 5 credits.. for the height requirement its really strict also because u need to reach the cabin compartment of the aircraft and the measuring device at the recruitment always measures shorter than usual for everyone..alot had been asked to leave because of tt..but still good luck to those who's trying this sun!
okayy. so they measure shorter than usual for everyone, but any idea how many cm shorter usually? 1? or 2?
hmm it depends, some ppl 1 some 2. but just minus 2cm of ur height to be really safe. however, if you're borderline like measured 157++ you MIGHT be given a chance to take the arm reach test. again it depends on the person measuring and the turnout rate that day! but anything below that they'll most prob send them off.. yupyup! jiayou!
eLmYrA_1984, some of the ladies got invitation through e-mails because they sent in their write-in applications and if they have too many they'll just tell some of them to go for the walk-in itself esp when the date is very near!All the best and hope you'll fulfil ur dream soon=)

eLmYrA_1984
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:00 am

Re: SIA Requirements

Post by eLmYrA_1984 » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 7:57 am

yuanz wrote:
jlayl wrote:
yuanz wrote: hey, just to share.. SIA is very strict on their requirements cause u'll not be able to register if u dont meet the minimum educational requirement in the first place and will most prob be sent back when you're queueing up for registration..so the best option would be to get a diploma or retake an o level paper just to secure tt 5 credits.. for the height requirement its really strict also because u need to reach the cabin compartment of the aircraft and the measuring device at the recruitment always measures shorter than usual for everyone..alot had been asked to leave because of tt..but still good luck to those who's trying this sun!
okayy. so they measure shorter than usual for everyone, but any idea how many cm shorter usually? 1? or 2?
hmm it depends, some ppl 1 some 2. but just minus 2cm of ur height to be really safe. however, if you're borderline like measured 157++ you MIGHT be given a chance to take the arm reach test. again it depends on the person measuring and the turnout rate that day! but anything below that they'll most prob send them off.. yupyup! jiayou!
eLmYrA_1984, some of the ladies got invitation through e-mails because they sent in their write-in applications and if they have too many they'll just tell some of them to go for the walk-in itself esp when the date is very near!All the best and hope you'll fulfil ur dream soon=)
Hey jlayl..thanks...r u goin for the interview also?...

KimberlyGin
Member
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 2:17 pm

Post by KimberlyGin » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 9:31 am

sherrielynn wrote:
stripes wrote:For those received invitation for the walk-in this Sunday with allocated time slot, will you follow the time or go earlier?

Cos was thinking if go early then will they wonder, why simple instruction you can't follow? Do we need to inform them that we received the invitation or just queue as per normal?
when i went for my walk in, my appt time was 9 am, but we were group with the 10am ones as well. as long as they can fit 10 in a gp, i dont see why you cant go early. i've friends whose slots are at 3.30 they were there at 2. :D
hi, i also received the email. my time slot is 11am. but i'm going earlier to queue, just in case, they get u to queue from start. I think i will faint if they asked mi to do so.

disaster
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Under the summer rain

Post by disaster » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 10:09 am

zandlelightz wrote:
Exclusive wrote:
KimberlyGin wrote:
Cool! we are building up a big group here!!
Anyway, is there any other steward wannabe?

Hey you have another steward wannabe here as well. Hahah...Hello...I hope all of you guys get through on sunday. It be super cool...


Hey girls, will I be able to join you all for the meet up at the mrt station on sunday? Anyone want to exchange contacts or email so that it will be easier for us to contact each other and exchange experience & motivations?

Yours Sincerely,
Michelle :D

disaster
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Under the summer rain

Pork ah pork!

Post by disaster » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 10:14 am

Pork! Go ahead. Attend the interview to gain experience on how everything is gonna be like. What kind of questions they will ask and how's the environment gonna appear. So that if this round you can't get in maybe the next you'll, with the gain in experience. or you never know you'll be the lucky star to get through the first round. I'll give you my support and I'm sure the other girls will. (:

Yours Sincerely,
Michelle :D

User avatar
sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 9:09 pm
Location: Northern Side of Sunny Island.

Post by sherrielynn » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:00 am

Terie wrote:Im 16 and im already doing my homework here! :lol:
I really hope someday i'll be able to be one of the Cabin Crew in SQ

but my skins really bad, pimples and acne and blackheads.
Do you guys know how to remove it? :(
you're still so young !
:)
just drink plenty of water, do a proper facial regime and if you need more info, read thru the previous pages as the solutions are there. =)
Flutterby Flutterby

User avatar
sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 9:09 pm
Location: Northern Side of Sunny Island.

Post by sherrielynn » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:05 am

KimberlyGin wrote:hi, i also received the email. my time slot is 11am. but i'm going earlier to queue, just in case, they get u to queue from start. I think i will faint if they asked mi to do so.
Personal opinion, i think high chances they will ask you to Q like the rest as it is stated a walk-in for this sunday.

Maybe what you can do is to ask them that you've received a notification with regards of this interview, where should you Q. If they tell you same like the rest, then lucky you went early ! :)
Flutterby Flutterby

User avatar
sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 9:09 pm
Location: Northern Side of Sunny Island.

Post by sherrielynn » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:10 am

Heres the recent updates from SQ as well. http://www.singaporeair.com/mediacentre/index.jsp

Its always good to know a little on whats going on in your future company.

Good luck people !!!
Flutterby Flutterby

User avatar
sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 9:09 pm
Location: Northern Side of Sunny Island.

Post by sherrielynn » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:23 am

Aber - I got one last question to ask. :lol:

What are the 5Cs in SIA ?

Core Value
Community

Then ? lol...
Flutterby Flutterby

yuanz
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 10:58 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by yuanz » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 12:10 pm

sherrielynn wrote:
KimberlyGin wrote:hi, i also received the email. my time slot is 11am. but i'm going earlier to queue, just in case, they get u to queue from start. I think i will faint if they asked mi to do so.
Personal opinion, i think high chances they will ask you to Q like the rest as it is stated a walk-in for this sunday.

Maybe what you can do is to ask them that you've received a notification with regards of this interview, where should you Q. If they tell you same like the rest, then lucky you went early ! :)
KimberlyGin, you'll be queuing with the rest regardless of the e-mail invite so u should go early if u dont want to wait too long. actually the best timing to go would be 2 plus near 3 cause most of those who go during tt time only had to wait one hr plus compared to those who go like 9 plus who still had to wait for 2 hrs or so =)

Post Reply


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest