Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pork12
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed, 27 Aug 2008

Postby pork12 » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 2:21 pm

Abercrombie wrote:"I am fat or my skin is bad can I try?" - What is your image of a CC, do you think that you fit into it? If yes, then go ahead. To say that... I have seen Fat and bad skin SQ CC! It really puzzle me :shock:

This definitely end my doubts. Next time then!
Thanks!! :)
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

yakai
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2008

Postby yakai » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 2:26 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
sherrielynn wrote:fwah, thats alot of batch for a year.
Oh and aber, just another quick question...
where is cabin crew training department, level 3 , lobby B ? if i'm to go on my 1st day of training, i should just walk towards my left and need not turn right ?

Last year to this year there was a major recruitment for the planed expansion of the Airline, but due to the situation now we can only hope for the best...with so many surplus crew :(

You were right to ask the policeman of STC this question! Enter the main door to the lobby,go straight and on your left enter the lift. Go to 3rd floor. Out of the lift turn Left go about 15 steps, there is a wooden door on your left, use your pass to enter. Once you enter take the left corridor, walk towards the end and greet everything that moves! At the end turn of it turn left and look for the file that have your batch number on it and your name should be in there for you to sign in(You will have to do this everyday) never never be late. Which classroom is yours? Look for the list pasted on the pink board right infront of you and look for your batch number, you should find the room number of your class beside it. They might put a note in your folder to indicate where you should go too. All the best :wink:


ya dun be late.. if u are late as in the management side has kept the file and u dun see the file on the table.. den......... :-|

User avatar
sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue, 21 Oct 2008
Location: Northern Side of Sunny Island.

Postby sherrielynn » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 2:38 pm

Abercrombie wrote:Last year to this year there was a major recruitment for the planed expansion of the Airline, but due to the situation now we can only hope for the best...with so many surplus crew :(

You were right to ask the policeman of STC this question! Enter the main door to the lobby,go straight and on your left enter the lift. Go to 3rd floor. Out of the lift turn Left go about 15 steps, there is a wooden door on your left, use your pass to enter. Once you enter take the left corridor, walk towards the end and greet everything that moves! At the end turn of it turn left and look for the file that have your batch number on it and your name should be in there for you to sign in(You will have to do this everyday) never never be late. Which classroom is yours? Look for the list pasted on the pink board right infront of you and look for your batch number, you should find the room number of your class beside it. They might put a note in your folder to indicate where you should go too. All the best :wink:


tt buliding, is the buliding where the conduct the interviews ? the one with the canteen ? CTC building ?

oh oh oh ! one more thing !
sorry ah, 1st day, i go to the guard house, will they give me a temp pass or do i've to tell them every day tt i'm there ?
Last edited by sherrielynn on Thu, 20 Nov 2008 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flutterby Flutterby

User avatar
sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue, 21 Oct 2008
Location: Northern Side of Sunny Island.

Postby sherrielynn » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 2:41 pm

yakai wrote:ya dun be late.. if u are late as in the management side has kept the file and u dun see the file on the table.. den......... :-|


that, you dont have to worry. my interview was at 8.45am , i arrived at 8.10 am.
same goes to my previous work place. i'm always 30 mins early. so when they say to be there by 8.30, i will be there by 8am. (though i dun live v near to STC :( )

thanks for ur advice !
Flutterby Flutterby

chocopie
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed, 12 Nov 2008

Postby chocopie » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 2:52 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:I heard that if you are not able to reach and touch the red line, then they will ask you to leave.


OMG! im really worried abt tat.

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008

Postby wisdom&courage » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 3:56 pm

chocopie wrote:
wisdom&courage wrote:I heard that if you are not able to reach and touch the red line, then they will ask you to leave.


OMG! im really worried abt tat.


Don't worry, practice at home first. I am standing at 157.5cm but I tried to reach and touch at home. The tape is about 212cm i think.

yakai
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2008

Postby yakai » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 3:58 pm

sherrielynn wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:Last year to this year there was a major recruitment for the planed expansion of the Airline, but due to the situation now we can only hope for the best...with so many surplus crew :(

You were right to ask the policeman of STC this question! Enter the main door to the lobby,go straight and on your left enter the lift. Go to 3rd floor. Out of the lift turn Left go about 15 steps, there is a wooden door on your left, use your pass to enter. Once you enter take the left corridor, walk towards the end and greet everything that moves! At the end turn of it turn left and look for the file that have your batch number on it and your name should be in there for you to sign in(You will have to do this everyday) never never be late. Which classroom is yours? Look for the list pasted on the pink board right infront of you and look for your batch number, you should find the room number of your class beside it. They might put a note in your folder to indicate where you should go too. All the best :wink:


tt buliding, is the buliding where the conduct the interviews ? the one with the canteen ? CTC building ?

oh oh oh ! one more thing !
sorry ah, 1st day, i go to the guard house, will they give me a temp pass or do i've to tell them every day tt i'm there ?


yesh same building as interviews, the one with the big glass doors

before u are issued the crew pass, u got to change ur pass daily at the guard house

yakai
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2008

Postby yakai » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 4:00 pm

sherrielynn wrote:
yakai wrote:ya dun be late.. if u are late as in the management side has kept the file and u dun see the file on the table.. den......... :-|


that, you dont have to worry. my interview was at 8.45am , i arrived at 8.10 am.
same goes to my previous work place. i'm always 30 mins early. so when they say to be there by 8.30, i will be there by 8am. (though i dun live v near to STC :( )

thanks for ur advice !


:wink: wow!! ya i oso stay super far from the east side.. i hate going to STC last time..

olimus
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 20 Nov 2008

Postby olimus » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 4:03 pm

Hi guys, I come to this site after searching for any tips for the stewards interview...
newbie here, just join like..... 2 minutes ago... :wink:
wish i could join the conversation.. :)

User avatar
sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue, 21 Oct 2008
Location: Northern Side of Sunny Island.

Postby sherrielynn » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 4:58 pm

yakai & aber - thanks for your help !!
so excited ! my frn just sign her deed and she's going to the tailors soon.. so exciting !!!! I can't wait for mine on the 3th !
Flutterby Flutterby

southpaw
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2008

Postby southpaw » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 5:06 pm

sherrielynn wrote:yakai & aber - thanks for your help !!
so excited ! my frn just sign her deed and she's going to the tailors soon.. so exciting !!!! I can't wait for mine on the 3th !



wah...so good! *eating sour grapes* LOL

i couldn't find a nice outfit although i've turned the whole orchard and tampines upside down..*stress*

pork12
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed, 27 Aug 2008

Postby pork12 » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 5:17 pm

sherrielynn wrote:yakai & aber - thanks for your help !!
so excited ! my frn just sign her deed and she's going to the tailors soon.. so exciting !!!! I can't wait for mine on the 3th !

EXCITING!!! Trainees will get kebaya already?
Pigs CAN fly...... right?

You can when you believe!

User avatar
sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue, 21 Oct 2008
Location: Northern Side of Sunny Island.

Postby sherrielynn » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 5:17 pm

southpaw wrote:
sherrielynn wrote:yakai & aber - thanks for your help !!
so excited ! my frn just sign her deed and she's going to the tailors soon.. so exciting !!!! I can't wait for mine on the 3th !



wah...so good! *eating sour grapes* LOL

i couldn't find a nice outfit although i've turned the whole orchard and tampines upside down..*stress*

lol dont need to eat sour grapes la.
just make sure ur in this time ! wheee !~~

and dont stress so much, wear something formal yet comfortable.
Flutterby Flutterby

yakai
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2008

Postby yakai » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 5:20 pm

sherrielynn wrote:yakai & aber - thanks for your help !!
so excited ! my frn just sign her deed and she's going to the tailors soon.. so exciting !!!! I can't wait for mine on the 3th !


:D relax!! a few more days to go and it wil be ur turn!!

yakai
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2008

Postby yakai » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 5:20 pm

sherrielynn wrote:yakai & aber - thanks for your help !!
so excited ! my frn just sign her deed and she's going to the tailors soon.. so exciting !!!! I can't wait for mine on the 3th !


:D relax!! a few more days to go and it wil be ur turn!!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests