Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
goh

Postby goh » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 1:41 am

Saddie wrote:Hi, Any1 received any reply from Jetstar??


Hi Saddie

Some of them hv received their email for the interview.U can go view at the other forum under Jetstar

Gd luck :D

goh

Postby goh » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 1:48 am

shopaholic wrote:hey Paige, this is really strange.. the fact that you were not short listed this time and during the april's round. what could be the problem then? oh, did u send in your photo?


Hi Paige,

Ya is really strange that they didnt gv u chance for the 1st timer. Maybe there are too many applicants, that why not given a chance?Since you have meet all the requirement, just sent in again when theres another recruitment.Lots of girls also being rejected few times and finally got in.Dnt be to sad. Me also didnt get the invitation for the interview. I told myself maybe is due to sent in late as what zhuzhuliang say, they may arrange another interview for the latecomers :D

Paige

Postby Paige » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 2:31 am

goh wrote:
shopaholic wrote:hey Paige, this is really strange.. the fact that you were not short listed this time and during the april's round. what could be the problem then? oh, did u send in your photo?


Hi Paige,

Ya is really strange that they didnt gv u chance for the 1st timer. Maybe there are too many applicants, that why not given a chance?Since you have meet all the requirement, just sent in again when theres another recruitment.Lots of girls also being rejected few times and finally got in.Dnt be to sad. Me also didnt get the invitation for the interview. I told myself maybe is due to sent in late as what zhuzhuliang say, they may arrange another interview for the latecomers :D


Hi Goh & Shopaholic,
Yes, I did send my full body length photo... Well, mayb juz my luck? :shock: I sent my application on 17th Jun.. I will still try again... :wink:

shan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat, 18 Jun 2005
Contact:

Postby shan » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 2:38 am

Dear tinkerbelle and paige, thanx for the concern. Sure just add me but let me know who u r so i won't just anyhow accept and flood my msn. Well. I think this job is for someone who is passionate about making customers smile, making them happy and if that makes you happy you will get thru the interviews like a breeze since you naturally possess that customer oriented attitude. The girls who got thru had at least 1-2 yrs working experience in my group. They were seriously natural.. I think i've really gotta work on my attitude towards serving people to be fully prepared for next round. Ganbatte! To all the girls having their interviews tmr.... Haf fun.

shan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat, 18 Jun 2005
Contact:

Postby shan » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 2:46 am

Just added you tinker!!

Paige

Postby Paige » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 3:22 am

shan wrote:Dear tinkerbelle and paige, thanx for the concern. Sure just add me but let me know who u r so i won't just anyhow accept and flood my msn. Well. I think this job is for someone who is passionate about making customers smile, making them happy and if that makes you happy you will get thru the interviews like a breeze since you naturally possess that customer oriented attitude. The girls who got thru had at least 1-2 yrs working experience in my group. They were seriously natural.. I think i've really gotta work on my attitude towards serving people to be fully prepared for next round. Ganbatte! To all the girls having their interviews tmr.... Haf fun.


Hi Shan, what's msn? :) i have a couple of years of experience in customer service...
Cheers! :)

Paige

Postby Paige » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 3:24 am

Paige wrote:
shan wrote:Dear tinkerbelle and paige, thanx for the concern. Sure just add me but let me know who u r so i won't just anyhow accept and flood my msn. Well. I think this job is for someone who is passionate about making customers smile, making them happy and if that makes you happy you will get thru the interviews like a breeze since you naturally possess that customer oriented attitude. The girls who got thru had at least 1-2 yrs working experience in my group. They were seriously natural.. I think i've really gotta work on my attitude towards serving people to be fully prepared for next round. Ganbatte! To all the girls having their interviews tmr.... Haf fun.


Hi Shan, what's msn? :) i have a couple of years of experience in customer service...
Cheers! :)


Sorry shan, I mean what's your email for msn? :o

Guest

Postby Guest » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 3:29 am

galgally wrote:
FAwannabe wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
silly wrote:Shan & Galgally,

Sorry to hear about what happened this morning. Is it OK ask you 2 qns, see if can help:

1) how was the measurement of height like?

2) what kinda qns was asked in first round?

thank you so much for your advise...


Hi Silly, i wld say that there is definitely something wrong with the measuring aparatus, i know i was less than 158, the last time i measured was 157.3, but today...it was 156!!!! not possible at all..the shortest i was measured previously was 157....There were two interviewers..they looked quite young i must say, they wanted a self-intro as well as y we wan to be a flight stewardess..10 of us went in..but only ONE was selected for the 2nd round..and she's gorgeous, porcelain skin, v v v v sweet looking, thou personally i felt tat she didnt talk very well..but wateva it is..she caught their attention..So girl..jus be urself..and tried not to rehearse too much..because i tink i was too 'robotic' on my 'script'...haha* Gd luck!!


if im not wrong, my frn did tell me tho they state min height as 158cm, but u'd ve to be at least 160cm to pass.. most prob they made adjustment to the scale..so 156cm is still a pass..

Juz a question tho, is the apparatus an electronic one or is ur height taken manually?

How did u introduce urself then? and wat did the gorgeous girl said that got her thru? :)


Hi FAwannabe, i din listen much to wat she said durin her intro, but i know it wasnt impressive, she stuttered a little as well..i honestly tink its her beauty tat have attracted the interviewer's attention..she's those kind tat will shine out instantly..she possesses a kind of 'star' look.. :wink:


hi FAwannabe,
the height is taken manually.

Pay

Postby Pay » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 8:25 am

Curious to know what the pay is like for SIA cabin crew ? What other benefits do you get ?

Guest

Postby Guest » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 10:15 am

FRegarding the height issue, it kinda funnie coz some sat the ht is taken by machine like th eones used in hospital, some said its taken manually... reallie beats mi.. actuallie so long as they dun minus off its good enough!!

FAwannabe

Postby FAwannabe » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 10:21 am

Anonymous wrote:FRegarding the height issue, it kinda funnie because some sat the ht is taken by machine like th eones used in hospital, some said its taken manually... reallie beats mi.. actuallie so long as they dun minus off its good enough!!


Ya, im equally confused.. the electronic one is not so accurate as the manual kind tho.. but then, those who are exactly 158cm were recodered as below tt @ yday's interview.. so does that mean SQ deliberately adjusted 2cm off? hmm.. if thats the case, then they shud juz raise the the height to 160cm will do.. why go thru all pains to do that?

anyone here who got in the 2nd round?

jaymee

Postby jaymee » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 10:28 am

to those who made it through to the next SIA round, may i noe if we need to be in formal wear? it is a swimsuit round after all, but i dun want to risk being underdressed.... thanx in advance!

curiousbabe

Postby curiousbabe » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 10:49 am

jaymee wrote:to those who made it through to the next SIA round, may i know if we need to be in formal wear? it is a swimsuit round after all, but i dun want to risk being underdressed.... thanx in advance!


hows the interview like jaymee? care to share?

Guest

Postby Guest » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 10:52 am

Hi Jaymee! Congrats on getting in!

How did u manage to go thru the sringent rounds? Are you tall, beautiful and well-spoken? Reallie envy u lotz!

Good luck ger!

Guest

Postby Guest » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 11:00 am

Did anione who was measured less than 158cm on the interview day but got thru?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest