Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 3:18 pm

pork12 wrote::cry: I was actually changing my mind and considering going for the walk-in this Sunday. Then I realise that my skin's peeling from the applications prescribed by my derma. Now I'm fat, pimpled and peeling. What are my odds? :cry:

hello excuse me ! can u be confident or nt !?! those problems are only TEMP nia !!!!

Wat fat, ur in the healthy range ! pls dont let those words (of advice) pull you dwn, you can always tell the interviewer that you are in a strict regime to put yourself back in shape and that your skin's peeling because you are making yourself more confident for this job ! wheres the determination junior !!!!
Flutterby Flutterby

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 3:21 pm

sherrielynn wrote:hello excuse me ! can u be confident or nt !?! those problems are only TEMP nia !!!!

Wat fat, ur in the healthy range ! pls dont let those words (of advice) pull you dwn, you can always tell the interviewer that you are in a strict regime to put yourself back in shape and that your skin's peeling because you are making yourself more confident for this job ! wheres the determination junior !!!!
YES MDM! Kena scolded liao. :cry:
On a serious note, the skin check will be conducted by pros under strong light? Will they give you a chance to explain your skin conditions?
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 3:23 pm

sherrielynn wrote: hello excuse me ! can u be confident or nt !?! those problems are only TEMP nia !!!!
I would be very wary of going for the interview with peeling skin if those cosmetics people do the skin test. Some time ago a girl on this forum was rejected for that a similar reason ( a temporary rash). By the way Sherrielyn you cannot get taller once you over a certain age. :roll:

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 3:25 pm

Plavt wrote: I would be very wary of going for the interview with peeling skin if those cosmetics people do the skin test. Some time ago a girl on this forum was rejected for that a similar reason ( a temporary rash). By the way Sherrielyn you cannot get taller once you over a certain age. :roll:
women stop growing at the age of 24, men at 26 as told by my family doctor. so why cast out a chance when we have yet to try ? not as though i'm asking them to go for surgery. and its also healthy to do stretching. i dont find theres anything to loose. theres always a glimpse of hope. :)
Flutterby Flutterby

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 3:27 pm

Plavt wrote: I would be very wary of going for the interview with peeling skin if those cosmetics people do the skin test. Some time ago a girl on this forum was rejected for that a similar reason ( a temporary rash). By the way Sherrielyn you cannot get taller once you over a certain age. :roll:
Fate then? :? Just when I've finally made up my mind. Haha!

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 3:28 pm

pork12 wrote:YES MDM! Kena scolded liao. :cry:
On a serious note, the skin check will be conducted by pros under strong light? Will they give you a chance to explain your skin conditions?
if they give u the "duh" face, just tell them. no harm in speaking up isnt it ? not as if you are applying to be a model... :???:
Flutterby Flutterby

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 3:31 pm

sherrielynn wrote: women stop growing at the age of 24, men at 26 as told by my family doctor. so why cast out a chance when we have yet to try ? not as though i'm asking them to go for surgery. and its also healthy to do stretching. i dont find theres anything to loose. theres always a glimpse of hope. :)
That is BS! You stop growing in your late teens and your family doctor did not tell you that unless he had been on the gin at the time or just fancied a good laugh or perhaps you suffer from a hearing defect? Some of the posts I read here are the most shameful things imaginable on the other hand they can be a good laugh. Try reading a few other parts of this forum. :lol: :lol:

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 3:36 pm

Plavt wrote:That is BS! You stop growing in your late teens and your family doctor did not tell you that unless he had been on the gin at the time or just fancied a good laugh or perhaps you suffer from a hearing defect? Some of the posts I read here are the most shameful things imaginable on the other hand they can be a good laugh. Try reading a few other parts of this forum. :lol: :lol:
BS ?
But if you try to search online, it does state that men stops growing at the age of 25 and women at 21. :)

there might be some posts that can make you laugh because you think its shameful but isnt a forum a place where you ask and receive (be it gd or bad) ? everyone here, is interested to know more bout the interviews or least some information that helps and I dont see trying to build confidence in the forumers is a bad thing.
Flutterby Flutterby

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 3:41 pm

sherrielynn wrote:
BS ?
But if you try to search online, it does state that men stops growing at the age of 25 and women at 21. :)
The ages I mentioned are a known fact and you should check your sources;

http://www.bigsiteofamazingfacts.com/wh ... op-growing

Better still use the Encyclopedia Britannica which is factual and should be available in the library and online. Have a good think about your posts they do more damage than enough (along with a good many others!). With claims like yours I am not surprised the western press has such a laugh at Asians. :roll:
Last edited by Plavt on Tue, 18 Nov 2008 3:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 3:43 pm

Plavt wrote:
sherrielynn wrote:
BS ?
The ages I mentioned are a know fact and you should check your sources;

Better still use the Encyclopedia Britannica which is factual and should be available in the library and online. With claims like yours I am not surprised the western press has such a laugh at Asians. :roll:
No offence, but please don't get personal and start an argument. Chill!

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 3:47 pm

Plavt wrote: The ages I mentioned are a known fact and you should check your sources;

Better still use the Encyclopedia Britannica which is factual and should be available in the library and online. Have a good think about your post they do more damage than enough (along with a good many others!). With claims like yours I am not surprised the western press has such a laugh at Asians. :roll:

oh, sorry my bad then.
Flutterby Flutterby

Butterflygal

Post by Butterflygal » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 4:06 pm

sherrielynn - what's article abt? I dun subsribe newspaper, I was trying to search online ... cant find home section

Edited by moderator: Please see the sticky entitled 'IMPORTANT ALL USERS PLEASE NOTE'

southpaw

Post by southpaw » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 4:08 pm

pork12 wrote::cry: I was actually changing my mind and considering going for the walk-in this Sunday. Then I realise that my skin's peeling from the applications prescribed by my derma. Now I'm fat, pimpled and peeling. What are my odds? :cry:

hey, don't give up!

i am going for the interview as well although chances are slim as i need to go to US for studies for 3 weeks in April..nobody will know what will happen, right? maybe they allow me to take leaves? lol..*finger crossing*

so for ur case, don't too stress up for these few days..it might make it worse..relakssssssss and drink more water and fruits..try to avoid meat..

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 4:12 pm

southpaw wrote:hey, don't give up!

i am going for the interview as well although chances are slim as i need to go to US for studies for 3 weeks in April..nobody will know what will happen, right? maybe they allow me to take leaves? lol..*finger crossing*

so for ur case, don't too stress up for these few days..it might make it worse..relakssssssss and drink more water and fruits..try to avoid meat..
Yea. I'll go there as a nobody and get the experience. If Lady Luck is with me and good for me and if it's not then well, I'll leave as a nobody too! :wink:

yakai

Post by yakai » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 4:14 pm

i jus got to say.. go for it if its ur dream or so called wish to join the airline.. dun let nitty gritty things affect u and at the end of the day, if u dun succeed den jus smile and get on with ur life :wink: but at least u can tel urself tat u have been and tried before and not sitting on the fence and not taking the first step afterall