Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
chocopie
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed, 12 Nov 2008

help

Postby chocopie » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 10:17 am

sherrielynn: hi sherrie, can u pls help. what are e difficult words tat one will come across/ ve to watch out for when readin e passage? Is it a difficult passage?

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu, 20 Dec 2007

Re: help

Postby hafiz_ » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 10:43 am

chocopie wrote:sherrielynn: hi sherrie, can u pls help. what are e difficult words tat one will come across/ ve to watch out for when readin e passage? Is it a difficult passage?


there are actually a few passages. so you might not necessarily get what sherrie had read. a good way to practice would be to read articles out aloud from the straits times. :)
Last edited by hafiz_ on Sun, 16 Nov 2008 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue, 21 Oct 2008
Location: Northern Side of Sunny Island.

Postby sherrielynn » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 11:27 am

yeah to my recollections, theres 4 passages on the table and the interviewer just choose anyone she likes. lol.

yep like what hafiz says,just take any english paper will do. be it mypaper, todays or straits times. or you can always read online articles !

another week to go !!!
good luck ppl !!!



as for the union questions, tkns for the replies. :D
Flutterby Flutterby

Exclusive
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 15 Nov 2008

Postby Exclusive » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 11:41 am

chocopie wrote:
sillyflower wrote:
chocopie wrote:
sillyflower wrote:Hi Jetset and Chocopie,

Shall we meet and go together? Hmm... I intend to go there early too, around 8 am or 8.30 am, to avoid the crowd.


ya 830 wld be gd. Hi ladies, wat's e formula to cal BMI? n do they ask u to reach e 212 markin? im only 1.58m n m having difficulties reaching 2.12m!!. n if they cut yr height by 2cm, tat makes me 156..n i'll get booted out even b4 1st round.Oh my. worried


I think the formula to caculate BMI is weight (kg) divide by <height>. Er... Correct me if I'm wrong. What 212 marking?


hi silly flower. ru on msn now?? i ve added u!! approve so we can chat. U must reach at least 212cm via tiptoeing stretchin or watever. tat's e height of e safety/emergency button or something???


Hi girls.. you all going for the next walk-in right? i might be going.. possible to join or anything? i don't want to be alone there! hehe

Exclusive
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 15 Nov 2008

Postby Exclusive » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 11:48 am

Exclusive wrote:
chocopie wrote:
sillyflower wrote:
chocopie wrote:
sillyflower wrote:Hi Jetset and Chocopie,

Shall we meet and go together? Hmm... I intend to go there early too, around 8 am or 8.30 am, to avoid the crowd.


ya 830 wld be gd. Hi ladies, wat's e formula to cal BMI? n do they ask u to reach e 212 markin? im only 1.58m n m having difficulties reaching 2.12m!!. n if they cut yr height by 2cm, tat makes me 156..n i'll get booted out even b4 1st round.Oh my. worried


I think the formula to caculate BMI is weight (kg) divide by <height>. Er... Correct me if I'm wrong. What 212 marking?


hi silly flower. ru on msn now?? i ve added u!! approve so we can chat. U must reach at least 212cm via tiptoeing stretchin or watever. tat's e height of e safety/emergency button or something???


Hi girls.. you all going for the next walk-in right? i might be going.. possible to join or anything? i don't want to be alone there! hehe


hey thanks flower! but i cannot pm.. not enough post...!!
u can add me up at keegwen at hotmail

az
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue, 21 Oct 2008

Postby az » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 12:29 pm

lindyhoppe wrote:
az wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
az wrote:
sherrielynn wrote:
oh oh..anyone else know whether there are sizes for big chested girls??


There are D cupper and above FSS but will it be there hard to say I am sure they have a way to deal with that, maybe you will be excuse from wearing the kabaya? :roll:


errr..r u sure abt that? wouldnt they need to see how i look like in the uniform? or will they dismiss me??


Once in my 2nd round's group, there was a bigger-sized lady who couldn't find a kebaya top that she could fit in. So what the recruiters did was to get her to wear her own top underneath the kebaya, which was only able to be zipped less than halfway up.


oh dear..zipped halfway..hmmm..and did the girl get throught the next round?

ANGELINA C
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun, 16 Nov 2008
Location: Orchard

Postby ANGELINA C » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 2:07 pm

Wah, so tough. The girl must be v. embarrass loh!! :o
Angelina Chong

User avatar
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby Abercrombie » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 3:38 pm

M wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:As for your union question, you will only be able to join the Union after the 6 months Probation.... :wink:


Aber, I thought the recruitment for the union starts even during training already? :???:

They will have a recuiment talk only but you will need to wait till P plate over bah, even tha union don't dare to protect you while you are on P plate hahahah.......... :P

sweetcheeks
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri, 22 Feb 2008

Postby sweetcheeks » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 10:28 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
M wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:As for your union question, you will only be able to join the Union after the 6 months Probation.... :wink:


Aber, I thought the recruitment for the union starts even during training already? :???:

They will have a recuiment talk only but you will need to wait till P plate over bah, even tha union don't dare to protect you while you are on P plate hahahah.......... :P


Abercrombie is right! The union guys will appear in the midst of your lessons and have a talk with u, which can be rather entertaining.

jlayl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu, 30 Oct 2008

Postby jlayl » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 10:33 pm

okayy
my height is 159cm.
but I fear that if they measure my height as 157, HOW!?
seems liek they always measure shorter than our usual height...

if they measure below 158cm, we can't even go for the interview right?

sweetcheeks
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri, 22 Feb 2008

Postby sweetcheeks » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 10:35 pm

lindyhoppe wrote:
az wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
az wrote:
sherrielynn wrote:
oh oh..anyone else know whether there are sizes for big chested girls??


There are D cupper and above FSS but will it be there hard to say I am sure they have a way to deal with that, maybe you will be excuse from wearing the kabaya? :roll:


errr..r u sure abt that? wouldnt they need to see how i look like in the uniform? or will they dismiss me??


Once in my 2nd round's group, there was a bigger-sized lady who couldn't find a kebaya top that she could fit in. So what the recruiters did was to get her to wear her own top underneath the kebaya, which was only able to be zipped less than halfway up.


Oh my.. I hope her hips are not too wide.. else it'll be difficult to get past btw the seats and carts.

rachelhoe
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun, 26 Oct 2008

Postby rachelhoe » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 10:44 pm

i'm excited to try on the kebaya. anybody can teach me how to be more appealing to the interviewers in the first round?
One bad thing about making a deal with the devil is, he always comes to collect.

pork12
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed, 27 Aug 2008

Postby pork12 » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 10:49 pm

rachelhoe wrote:pork12: why not you just go try? actually i'm so young and i'm still waiting for alevels results. dont think i have the chance to get thru but.. i just want to go there and have a see on how SIA interview is like. so that next time i can prep myself better and wont be such a "newbie" in interviews. yar. there's no harm just trying. maybe you might be more motivated to do the necessary changes to yourself after being "there" yourself. =)


I'm really not ready! I don't want to go there feeling I have 0% chance. :?
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

sillyflower
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2008

Postby sillyflower » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 11:02 pm

pork12 wrote:
rachelhoe wrote:pork12: why not you just go try? actually i'm so young and i'm still waiting for alevels results. dont think i have the chance to get thru but.. i just want to go there and have a see on how SIA interview is like. so that next time i can prep myself better and wont be such a "newbie" in interviews. yar. there's no harm just trying. maybe you might be more motivated to do the necessary changes to yourself after being "there" yourself. =)


I'm really not ready! I don't want to go there feeling I have 0% chance. :?


Hmm... Four years ago, I shared the same feeling as you too. They invited me for an interview. When I was there, I had 0% confidence. Then, I simply turn my back and returned home without even trying the interview.

thecharmedlady
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun, 16 Nov 2008

Postby thecharmedlady » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 11:14 pm

rachelhoe: I can't PM you my email address as I'm new.
Last edited by thecharmedlady on Wed, 07 Jan 2015 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests