Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Postby pork12 » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 7:05 pm

sherrielynn wrote:right after haji. 9th dec. :)

Exciting!!! :lol:
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

sillyflower

Postby sillyflower » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 7:05 pm

pork12 wrote:
sillyflower wrote:I think the formula to caculate BMI is weight (kg) divide by <height>. Er... Correct me if I'm wrong. What 212 marking?

BMI = Weight/(Height)square. 212 marking means you should be able to reach a height of 212cm when you stretch your arms... I think? =X

I see. Thank you! =) Pork12, will you be going for the interview on 23rd Nov? Want to join us?

chocopie

Postby chocopie » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 7:07 pm

sillyflower wrote:
chocopie wrote:
sillyflower wrote:Hi Jetset and Chocopie,

Shall we meet and go together? Hmm... I intend to go there early too, around 8 am or 8.30 am, to avoid the crowd.

ya 830 wld be gd. Hi ladies, wat's e formula to cal BMI? n do they ask u to reach e 212 markin? im only 1.58m n m having difficulties reaching 2.12m!!. n if they cut yr height by 2cm, tat makes me 156..n i'll get booted out even b4 1st round.Oh my. worried

I think the formula to caculate BMI is weight (kg) divide by <height>. Er... Correct me if I'm wrong. What 212 marking?

hi silly flower. ru on msn now?? i ve added u!! approve so we can chat. U must reach at least 212cm via tiptoeing stretchin or watever. tat's e height of e safety/emergency button or something???

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sherrielynn » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 7:11 pm

southpaw wrote:hi girls..

i need some advice...actually i'm studying part time degree now..and i only need to complete 2-3 modules only.. i don't see it a problem as the classes are held at night. and i believe the training ends at 5 or 530?

however, i need to go to the US for 3 weeks residency on end april to mid may...so, do you think SIA will penalize me because of this? should i tell them that i'm studying part time or keep it?

if i'm not wrong, cc can't take any leave during the 6 months probation after the training...so i'm not sure whether i should go for the interview..

PLS ADVICE!! thanks :D

Hey girl, if you read the declaration part during ur application filling

"I accept that if any of the infomation given by me in this application for employment is in any way false, or incorrect, the Company shall have the right to dismiss me without notic and without assigning any reason."

And if you make it thru the management round, they will ask you to fill up another form which reads

"False particulars of wilful suppression of material facts will render you liable to disqualification, or, if appointed, to dismissal and/or appropriate legal proceedings"

I suggest that you tell them you are taking your p/t degree and see if you can work things out together.

:)
Flutterby Flutterby

sillyflower

Postby sillyflower » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 7:11 pm

chocopie wrote:
sillyflower wrote:
chocopie wrote:
sillyflower wrote:Hi Jetset and Chocopie,

Shall we meet and go together? Hmm... I intend to go there early too, around 8 am or 8.30 am, to avoid the crowd.

ya 830 wld be gd. Hi ladies, wat's e formula to cal BMI? n do they ask u to reach e 212 markin? im only 1.58m n m having difficulties reaching 2.12m!!. n if they cut yr height by 2cm, tat makes me 156..n i'll get booted out even b4 1st round.Oh my. worried

I think the formula to caculate BMI is weight (kg) divide by <height>. Er... Correct me if I'm wrong. What 212 marking?

hi silly flower. ru on msn now?? i ve added u!! approve so we can chat. U must reach at least 212cm via tiptoeing stretchin or watever. tat's e height of e safety/emergency button or something???

Yes, I'm online now but you are not online. =)

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sherrielynn » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 7:13 pm

pork - yeah. it sure is.. really looking forward for it ! :D

chocopie - if i'm not wrong, its for the overhead compartments. but dont worry, u will be able to tip toe ! thats what the lady told all of us. lol
Flutterby Flutterby

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Postby pork12 » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 7:31 pm

sillyflower wrote:I see. Thank you! =) Pork12, will you be going for the interview on 23rd Nov? Want to join us?

I'm still considering my options. Haha.

mintia

Postby mintia » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 7:32 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
sherrielynn wrote:pork - no worries ! ur bmi is 22.6.. still in the normal range !!!

The BMI for SIA is :
Girls less the 22
Guys less then 25

Whoo... at 165 & 54kg - my BMI is 19.8 BUT I still have to wear the size L kebaya during the fitting round!

*sigh*

ok - back to jogging for me...

chocopie

Postby chocopie » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 7:33 pm

sherrielynn wrote:pork - yeah. it sure is.. really looking forward for it ! :D

chocopie - if i'm not wrong, its for the overhead compartments. but dont worry, u will be able to tip toe ! thats what the lady told all of us. lol

i tried to tip toe at hm. cant reach still :oops: signz.. really do they ask u to reach e mark? cos my sist said e last time she went there aint such thing

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Postby pork12 » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 7:37 pm

sherrielynn wrote:pork - yeah. it sure is.. really looking forward for it ! :D

Looking forward to your updates! Haha..

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Postby pork12 » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 7:38 pm

mintia wrote:Whoo... at 165 & 54kg - my BMI is 19.8 BUT I still have to wear the size L kebaya during the fitting round!

*sigh*

ok - back to jogging for me...

INSENSITIVE!!! I'm 22.6! Hmmph! :cry:

jetset

Postby jetset » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 7:54 pm

pork12 wrote:
southpaw wrote:hi girls..

i need some advice...actually i'm studying part time degree now..and i only need to complete 2-3 modules only.. i don't see it a problem as the classes are held at night. and i believe the training ends at 5 or 530?

however, i need to go to the US for 3 weeks residency on end april to mid may...so, do you think SIA will penalize me because of this? should i tell them that i'm studying part time or keep it?

if i'm not wrong, cc can't take any leave during the 6 months probation after the training...so i'm not sure whether i should go for the interview..

PLS ADVICE!! thanks :D

You must be taking the mass comm degree from MDIS/OCU. Maybe you want to go for the next interview instead?

Hi southpaw,

I think it is not quite possible to take leave for 3 months, even if you are a full-fledged crew. I think their paid leave covers about 21 days per annum. With regards to unpaid leave, it got to be really valid and should be considered case by case, such as compassionate reasons or industrial injuries or pregancy (which you will have to resign first and come back as a flying mother after their screening) However, I do not forsee them approving of such cases during probation period as its the most inflexible time for any crews.

Maybe you can try another interview when you return back from studying after this 3 months?
+++Lets get jet set!+++

jetset

Postby jetset » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 7:57 pm

Hi, can anyone give me their opinions when SIA website mentioned: 'Those graduating in May 2009 can apply' Do you reckon that training will starts in May or June? Late May/ early June/ late June?

Do you think they will let us to start in late June?
+++Lets get jet set!+++

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sherrielynn » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 8:19 pm

chocopie wrote:i tried to tip toe at hm. cant reach still :oops: signz.. really do they ask u to reach e mark? cos my sist said e last time she went there aint such thing

i went for mine on 31st oct 08 and they had this red mark for me to reach.
Flutterby Flutterby

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sherrielynn » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 8:22 pm

jetset wrote:Hi, can anyone give me their opinions when SIA website mentioned: 'Those graduating in May 2009 can apply' Do you reckon that training will starts in May or June? Late May/ early June/ late June?

Do you think they will let us to start in late June?

i guess so. if nt in july ?
Flutterby Flutterby