Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 3:45 pm

Abercrombie wrote:Errr....To me the culture is: Always respect your senior, they will get to eat 1st sleep 1st etc. They will have the priority to choose, any thing from main course to when to rest on board, work position, smoking room in Hotel etc. You must be able to work from SIN to anywhere in the world with Minimum rest (not even sitting down). All the smile, Please and Thank You. Always serve the senior. Never say No to Pax. Able to party hard...(Ok this is gone liao as the crew now 80% are all boring type :roll: )

"M" nails it by saying the SOARING part is what the company wants to hear :oops!:

Zapping.... only average workers get it, good workers get it once in 4-5 years :roll: Those "top 10" almost all retire liao . When you are new you get made more mistake so naturally you can corrected very often it depends on how you take it Zapping and correcting can be a very fine line. For " tolerate ppl pointing out your mistakes"...if you can't do that, basically you can't work anywhere, human all made mistake and in SIA mistake will be corrected to uphold the compants image. Even your future Husband is gonna do that, are you going to divorce him then.... :P


I hope the rest understand what A&F is saying here. That is our current working environment and this will help you if you are joining us soon. :)

pork12
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed, 27 Aug 2008

Postby pork12 » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 4:25 pm

M wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:Zapping.... only average workers get it, good workers get it once in 4-5 years :roll: Those "top 10" almost all retire liao . When you are new you get made more mistake so naturally you can corrected very often it depends on how you take it Zapping and correcting can be a very fine line. For " tolerate ppl pointing out your mistakes"...if you can't do that, basically you can't work anywhere, human all made mistake and in SIA mistake will be corrected to uphold the compants image. Even your future Husband is gonna do that, are you going to divorce him then.... :P


So true. Some people make mistakes, got corrected and learnt from it. Others didn't make mistakes, got 'corrected' anyway, and still learnt from it. There's also those who make mistakes, got corrected but never learn. Either way, reflect and look on the brighter side and we'll all learn something! =P
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008

Postby wisdom&courage » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 4:53 pm

http://stewardessgloria.blogspot.com/

Have you guys read this blog before? I think she is like the black sheep in the airline industry.
I am very sorry to say this. But it is people like her, that is why many think that all air-stewardess/stewards sleep around. (Obviously it is not true)
Someone tagged in her blog saying that she is fake,not a real air-stewardess.

pork12
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed, 27 Aug 2008

Postby pork12 » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 5:04 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:http://stewardessgloria.blogspot.com/

Have you guys read this blog before? I think she is like the black sheep in the airline industry.
I am very sorry to say this. But it is people like her, that is why many think that all air-stewardess/stewards sleep around. (Obviously it is not true)
Someone tagged in her blog saying that she is fake,not a real air-stewardess.


Sorry, but she sounds so absolutely bimbotic. :?
Pigs CAN fly...... right?

You can when you believe!

User avatar
windancer04
Regular
Regular
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008
Location: singapore

Postby windancer04 » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 5:21 pm

pork12 wrote:
wisdom&courage wrote:http://stewardessgloria.blogspot.com/

Have you guys read this blog before? I think she is like the black sheep in the airline industry.
I am very sorry to say this. But it is people like her, that is why many think that all air-stewardess/stewards sleep around. (Obviously it is not true)
Someone tagged in her blog saying that she is fake,not a real air-stewardess.


Sorry, but she sounds so absolutely bimbotic. :?


That blog is set up by someone else..gloria is juz a fake name.
♥Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT and IT WILL BE YOURS (Mark 11:24)♥

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008

Postby wisdom&courage » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 5:36 pm

Initially I thought it was real, then after reading more of her entries, I find it quite weird. But I do heard of stories like stewardess sleeping around when they are overseas. My friend's ex-girlfriend is from SIA and unfortunately she did sleep around.

jlayl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu, 30 Oct 2008

Postby jlayl » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 6:55 pm

I've read that blog before.. hahaa. I thought she was really a stewardess.

Anyway to those who've been through the 2nd round of skin check, how do they check your neck area? they see from the front and ask you to turn behind and they see the back of your neck? do they go like, one round around your neck to check the sides very carefully too?

User avatar
windancer04
Regular
Regular
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008
Location: singapore

Postby windancer04 » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 6:59 pm

jlayl wrote:I've read that blog before.. hahaa. I thought she was really a stewardess.

Anyway to those who've been through the 2nd round of skin check, how do they check your neck area? they see from the front and ask you to turn behind and they see the back of your neck? do they go like, one round around your neck to check the sides very carefully too?


Hi, they dont go ard to see ur neck, you juz have to stand infront of them and they will ask u to turn ur neck to the left and to the right. Than ask u to ur back facing them thats all. Hope this help. :D
♥Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT and IT WILL BE YOURS (Mark 11:24)♥

jlayl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu, 30 Oct 2008

Postby jlayl » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 7:06 pm

windancer04 wrote:
jlayl wrote:I've read that blog before.. hahaa. I thought she was really a stewardess.

Anyway to those who've been through the 2nd round of skin check, how do they check your neck area? they see from the front and ask you to turn behind and they see the back of your neck? do they go like, one round around your neck to check the sides very carefully too?


Hi, they dont go ard to see ur neck, you juz have to stand infront of them and they will ask u to turn ur neck to the left and to the right. Than ask u to ur back facing them thats all. Hope this help. :D


hi thasnk a lot!
cool, cos I've got a bit of freckles on my left side of the neck. its pretty obvious if they see from upfront. but since they won't, I just have to turn left and right, they probably won't notice after I conceal it away (though it can still be seen if scrutinized). *fingers crossed*

Tratata
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 06 Nov 2008

Postby Tratata » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 8:07 pm

hi friends,
anyone here from indonesia who already passed the interview in late August 2008 ?
i am really really stressed out .. coz one of my friend working permit got rejected though she had already passed the interview on July2008 in indonesia. as far as i know she did no crime, graduated from reputable university and passed the medical checkup.
anyone here know the real reason ?
coz i can't reach my friend as i dare not to put salt in her wound by questioning her.
it's just so ironic after 3 month expectation.
as for me , it's been 2 month and still got no news though i already called SIA in jakarta.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

jlayl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu, 30 Oct 2008

Postby jlayl » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 8:18 pm

Tratata wrote:hi friends,
anyone here from indonesia who already passed the interview in late August 2008 ?
i am really really stressed out .. coz one of my friend working permit got rejected though she had already passed the interview on July2008 in indonesia. as far as i know she did no crime, graduated from reputable university and passed the medical checkup.
anyone here know the real reason ?
coz i can't reach my friend as i dare not to put salt in her wound by questioning her.
it's just so ironic after 3 month expectation.
as for me , it's been 2 month and still got no news though i already called SIA in jakarta.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :( :( :( :( :(
:(


Hey girl, I'm sorry I can't help you with this problem. but I really understand how you feel, cos it must be really saddening to feel that you might not get it although you have passed through the difficult interview..
Don't give up hope yet, alrights? Call them up and ask for an answer or at least ask them what you can expect or wait for. at least ask them about the status, like is it because the working permit is being processed or something?

Good luck to you, don't give up hope.
It might just be tomorrow that good news will come.
:)

pork12
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed, 27 Aug 2008

Postby pork12 » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 8:31 pm

windancer04 wrote:
pork12 wrote:
wisdom&courage wrote:http://stewardessgloria.blogspot.com/

Have you guys read this blog before? I think she is like the black sheep in the airline industry.
I am very sorry to say this. But it is people like her, that is why many think that all air-stewardess/stewards sleep around. (Obviously it is not true)
Someone tagged in her blog saying that she is fake,not a real air-stewardess.


Sorry, but she sounds so absolutely bimbotic. :?


That blog is set up by someone else..gloria is juz a fake name.


I'm aware of that =P
Pigs CAN fly...... right?

You can when you believe!

Yyen
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon, 10 Nov 2008
Location: singapore

Postby Yyen » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:11 pm

yes me too! am indon too! has been really annoyed with SIA. even for the interview they did not state it properly, as in, the requirement stated " Malaysian/ singaporean (residing in singapore)". im baffled as to is it for the above mentioned 2 nationalities only? or anyone residing in singapore???

in addition, from what i know is that, those who wants to got in has to be singapore PR.

simlarly, like mentioned by tata, those who passed the interview were not notified any further.

email left unreplied !!! no proper phone could reach the right person!
:shock:
what the .....

User avatar
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby Abercrombie » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 3:22 am

M wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:I use Rimowa :wink:


Rich wor! :)


very cheap now!!! You should know where to get it cheap right :P

User avatar
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby Abercrombie » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 3:23 am

M wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:Ok this is gone liao as the crew now 80% are all boring type :roll:


Very true! :shock: :shock: :shock:


I am not one of them :cool: :cool: :cool:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests