Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008

Postby wisdom&courage » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:03 pm

Yup, I will be going for 23rd Nov interview :)

I am currently using this US brand SmartCover which I purchased online recently. Well, it promised that it will be able to conceal any kind of flaws like dark circle,acne scars,scars and etc. Unfortunately it did not work out that well for me. Maybe the technique which I used is not correct. Anyway thanks for recommending me that brand :)

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat, 27 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby Jojoleona » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:07 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:Yup, I will be going for 23rd Nov interview :)

I am currently using this US brand SmartCover which I purchased online recently. Well, it promised that it will be able to conceal any kind of flaws like dark circle,acne scars,scars and etc. Unfortunately it did not work out that well for me. Maybe the technique which I used is not correct. Anyway thanks for recommending me that brand :)


when u are applying concealer, apply n dab on the area u wanna apply ok,
don't drag it...just dab it, that is what my makeup teacher teach me..
hope i cn help..hee...

All the best to you...keep me update if you got in ok?
be there early... :)
When there's a will, there's a way.

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008

Postby wisdom&courage » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:13 pm

oh yes Jojoleona,
What is the price range for the Covermark concealer? I check up on their products online just now and it seems to be pretty good.

I will update you. I hope to bring you a good news
:D

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat, 27 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby Jojoleona » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:23 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:oh yes Jojoleona,
What is the price range for the Covermark concealer? I check up on their products online just now and it seems to be pretty good.

I will update you. I hope to bring you a good news
:D


hmm price range im not too sure, my friend bought 1 at 70plus...
if u free go and try it at the counter ya..

bring me good news ya..u can make it de... :D
When there's a will, there's a way.

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008

Postby wisdom&courage » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:37 pm

Thank you very much Jojoleona. I wish you all the best for your medical check-up too. :D

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat, 27 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby Jojoleona » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:47 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:Thank you very much Jojoleona. I wish you all the best for your medical check-up too. :D


Thanks my dear, thanks for your wishes..jiayou.. :D
When there's a will, there's a way.

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:06 am

Jojoleona wrote:
jeff2861 wrote:Hey peeps, anyone of you know what cabin bag the SQ crew using...the black 4 wheeler one...loooks nice n handy....

anyone can advice???


hi, most of them are using samsonite 4 wheeler luggage as they have crew discount... :D


It all depends. Muji is getting popular. :)

User avatar
hatecorn333
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri, 19 Sep 2008
Location: West
Contact:

questions..

Postby hatecorn333 » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 9:18 am

anyone here to tel me what kind of question they will ask for the first round ? my friend've been there and they asked what do they think of the current economy situation now.... Other questions that anyone knows ? care to share ?

pork12
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed, 27 Aug 2008

Re: questions..

Postby pork12 » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 9:29 am

hatecorn333 wrote:anyone here to tel me what kind of question they will ask for the first round ? my friend've been there and they asked what do they think of the current economy situation now.... Other questions that anyone knows ? care to share ?


From the previous posts, they usually ask you for a short introduction about yourself. Most of the questions revolved around you, your family your current job, etc etc etc. Don't be lazy, make an effort to read through the previous posts :D
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

ilikilik
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 11 Nov 2008

Postby ilikilik » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:32 pm

Hi gals -
height question:

i am only 156cm tall, when they ask you to reach for that 212cm mark, tip of fingers touch can already or the whole palm above that mark?

Thanks!

User avatar
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby Abercrombie » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:44 pm

Jojoleona wrote:
SIA culture meaning u might get zapped by ur seniors, cn u tolerate the zapping? cn u tolerate ppl pin point ur mistakes?


Errr....To me the culture is: Always respect your senior, they will get to eat 1st sleep 1st etc. They will have the priority to choose, any thing from main course to when to rest on board, work position, smoking room in Hotel etc. You must be able to work from SIN to anywhere in the world with Minimum rest (not even sitting down). All the smile, Please and Thank You. Always serve the senior. Never say No to Pax. Able to party hard...(Ok this is gone liao as the crew now 80% are all boring type :roll: )

"M" nails it by saying the SOARING part is what the company wants to hear :oops!:

Zapping.... only average workers get it, good workers get it once in 4-5 years :roll: Those "top 10" almost all retire liao . When you are new you made more mistake so naturally you can get corrected very often it depends on how you take it Zapping and correcting can be a very fine line. For " tolerate ppl pointing out your mistakes"...if you can't do that, basically you can't work anywhere, human all made mistake and in SIA mistake will be corrected to uphold the company's image. Even your future Husband is gonna do that, are you going to divorce him then.... :P
Last edited by Abercrombie on Wed, 12 Nov 2008 3:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby Abercrombie » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:45 pm

M wrote:
Jojoleona wrote:
jeff2861 wrote:Hey peeps, anyone of you know what cabin bag the SQ crew using...the black 4 wheeler one...loooks nice n handy....

anyone can advice???


hi, most of them are using samsonite 4 wheeler luggage as they have crew discount... :D


It all depends. Muji is getting popular. :)


I use Rimowa :wink:

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008

Postby wisdom&courage » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 1:02 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
Jojoleona wrote:
SIA culture meaning u might get zapped by ur seniors, cn u tolerate the zapping? cn u tolerate ppl pin point ur mistakes?


Errr....To me the culture is: Always respect your senior, they will get to eat 1st sleep 1st etc. They will have the priority to choose, any thing from main course to when to rest on board, work position, smoking room in Hotel etc. You must be able to work from SIN to anywhere in the world with Minimum rest (not even sitting down). All the smile, Please and Thank You. Always serve the senior. Never say No to Pax. Able to party hard...(Ok this is gone liao as the crew now 80% are all boring type :roll: )

"M" nails it by saying the SOARING part is what the company wants to hear :oops!:

Zapping.... only average workers get it, good workers get it once in 4-5 years :roll: Those "top 10" almost all retire liao . When you are new you get made more mistake so naturally you can corrected very often it depends on how you take it Zapping and correcting can be a very fine line. For " tolerate ppl pointing out your mistakes"...if you can't do that, basically you can't work anywhere, human all made mistake and in SIA mistake will be corrected to uphold the compants image. Even your future Husband is gonna do that, are you going to divorce him then.... :P


hello Abercrombie!

Thank you for sharing with us (those cc wannabe) !

In my opinion, I feel that if one knows his/her work well,humble and able to take critics well,we should not worry about getting zap. But for me, if someone were to correct me, I will take it positively and be thankful about it. No criticism = No improvement
:D

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 3:41 pm

Abercrombie wrote:I use Rimowa :wink:


Rich wor! :)

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 3:42 pm

Abercrombie wrote:Ok this is gone liao as the crew now 80% are all boring type :roll:


Very true! :shock: :shock: :shock:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest