Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:33 am

Mintzy08 wrote:just wondering if a straight set of teeth is one of the criteria for entry as crew. would they accept anyone with braces? i will be putting on braces quite soon.


Have you seen any stewardess with braces? :???:

highupinthesky
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon, 01 Sep 2008
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby highupinthesky » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:51 am

Mintzy08 wrote:just wondering if a straight set of teeth is one of the criteria for entry as crew. would they accept anyone with braces? i will be putting on braces quite soon.


PM-ed u =)

Mintzy08
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun, 09 Nov 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby Mintzy08 » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 1:52 am

highupinthesky wrote:
Mintzy08 wrote:just wondering if a straight set of teeth is one of the criteria for entry as crew. would they accept anyone with braces? i will be putting on braces quite soon.


PM-ed u =)


i guess i'll just wait till i remove the braces. cos my upper set of teeth there is one particular tooth quite crooked unless i extract it haha but tat leaves a gap in between.

Yyen
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon, 10 Nov 2008
Location: singapore

Postby Yyen » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 2:26 pm

Do they really go very detail in the teeth checking?
how about having an extra tooth pooping on top of others? not sure how to describe it properly, just got a tooth on top of others, will that be a factor from getting booted out?

TIA!

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008

Postby wisdom&courage » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 4:12 pm

southpaw wrote:
jlayl wrote:then did you tick yes for that section in your application?


6. Have you any visible scars, birthmarks and/or pigment spots on your face, neck, hands and lower arms?

Is mole considered in the above? darn... i think i ticked 'No' all these while...lol..



I have an obvious scar on my forehead (but my fringe is able to cover it). I guess I have to tick yes for question 6. :cry:

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat, 27 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby Jojoleona » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 4:42 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:
southpaw wrote:
jlayl wrote:then did you tick yes for that section in your application?


6. Have you any visible scars, birthmarks and/or pigment spots on your face, neck, hands and lower arms?

Is mole considered in the above? darn... i think i ticked 'No' all these while...lol..



I have an obvious scar on my forehead (but my fringe is able to cover it). I guess I have to tick yes for question 6. :cry:


hi dear, u ve to declare tt u ve a scar, coz even though ur fringe is able to cover it, they will ask u to lift up ur fringe for skin check, unless u cn conceal it v well... :)
When there's a will, there's a way.

jlayl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu, 30 Oct 2008

Postby jlayl » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 7:45 pm

What time should I reach there so that I can be among the 10+ batches? Don't want to be the first few batches either.. hahaa.
any idea, anyone?

thanks :)

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008

Postby wisdom&courage » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 8:55 pm

hello jojoleona!
Yup I will definitely declare that I have an obvious scar. It is good to be honest. My sister's friend had an obvious scar near her eye area but she managed to pass the skin check. Unfortunately she failed her medical check-up. I don't know if they will penalize me for that even if my fringe is able to cover it. :-|

jlayl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu, 30 Oct 2008

Postby jlayl » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 8:59 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:hello jojoleona!
Yup I will definitely declare that I have an obvious scar. It is good to be honest. My sister's friend had an obvious scar near her eye area but she managed to pass the skin check. Unfortunately she failed her medical check-up. I don't know if they will penalize me for that even if my fringe is able to cover it. :-|


Failing medical check up.. I think that's one of the worst ways to not be able to become an sia stewardess.. I thought about it, if I failed my medical, I'll be so disappointed. cos its just one step to realising my dream.

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008

Postby wisdom&courage » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 9:16 pm

hello jlayl!
Don't even think that you will fail your medical check-up. If you think you will/might fail, half of the battle is lost.
Never be shaken, no matter what happens or what others may say and never be flustered,never lose confidence. This is the way we should strive to live our lives and being able to do so is the sign of genuine character :D

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat, 27 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby Jojoleona » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 9:18 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:hello jojoleona!
Yup I will definitely declare that I have an obvious scar. It is good to be honest. My sister's friend had an obvious scar near her eye area but she managed to pass the skin check. Unfortunately she failed her medical check-up. I don't know if they will penalize me for that even if my fringe is able to cover it. :-|


my dear i would say its all about luck. my friend her face got birthmark, but her birthmark colour is not obvious n she cn conceal it.
she did not declare that she had birthmark, n she is lucky to pass her skin check, and she's now flying le...
so i said sometimes its all about luck...but u decide for yourself to declare or not..n u try to conceal it and see how it goes...
and i also not sure whether the interviewer will penalised on that anot...

i wish you good luck... :D
When there's a will, there's a way.

jeff2861
Regular
Regular
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu, 27 Dec 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby jeff2861 » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 9:29 pm

Hey peeps, anyone of you know what cabin bag the SQ crew using...the black 4 wheeler one...loooks nice n handy....

anyone can advice???

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat, 27 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby Jojoleona » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 9:37 pm

jeff2861 wrote:Hey peeps, anyone of you know what cabin bag the SQ crew using...the black 4 wheeler one...loooks nice n handy....

anyone can advice???


hi, most of them are using samsonite 4 wheeler luggage as they have crew discount... :D
When there's a will, there's a way.

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008

Postby wisdom&courage » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 9:48 pm

Jojoleona wrote:
wisdom&courage wrote:hello jojoleona!
Yup I will definitely declare that I have an obvious scar. It is good to be honest. My sister's friend had an obvious scar near her eye area but she managed to pass the skin check. Unfortunately she failed her medical check-up. I don't know if they will penalize me for that even if my fringe is able to cover it. :-|


my dear i would say its all about luck. my friend her face got birthmark, but her birthmark colour is not obvious n she cn conceal it.
she did not declare that she had birthmark, n she is lucky to pass her skin check, and she's now flying le...
so i said sometimes its all about luck...but u decide for yourself to declare or not..n u try to conceal it and see how it goes...
and i also not sure whether the interviewer will penalised on that anot...

i wish you good luck... :D


Hello Jojoleona!
I tried to conceal my scar before as it is quite deep therefore the concealer cannot cover it totally, only managed to cover it by about 60%? My fringe is able to cover it as the scar is on the top right side of my forehead. Anyway I will still declare :)

Thank you for your advice :)

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat, 27 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby Jojoleona » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 9:55 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:
Jojoleona wrote:
wisdom&courage wrote:hello jojoleona!
Yup I will definitely declare that I have an obvious scar. It is good to be honest. My sister's friend had an obvious scar near her eye area but she managed to pass the skin check. Unfortunately she failed her medical check-up. I don't know if they will penalize me for that even if my fringe is able to cover it. :-|


my dear i would say its all about luck. my friend her face got birthmark, but her birthmark colour is not obvious n she cn conceal it.
she did not declare that she had birthmark, n she is lucky to pass her skin check, and she's now flying le...
so i said sometimes its all about luck...but u decide for yourself to declare or not..n u try to conceal it and see how it goes...
and i also not sure whether the interviewer will penalised on that anot...

i wish you good luck... :D


Hello Jojoleona!
I tried to conceal my scar before as it is quite deep therefore the concealer cannot cover it totally, only managed to cover it by about 60%? My fringe is able to cover it as the scar is on the top right side of my forehead. Anyway I will still declare :)

Thank you for your advice :)


ok my dear, cheers for ur honesty..are you going for this coming SIA recruitment? i wish u best of luck ok..
Anyway what concealer are you using? You might want to
try this brand called Covermark, its quite good, you might want to
go the counter and try it out first..you might get a full coverage..
no harm trying, just my 2 cents of recommendation..

You can find it at Takashimaya B1, the cosmetic counter... :D
When there's a will, there's a way.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest