Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat, 27 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby Jojoleona » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 11:13 pm

missviolette wrote:Thank you jojo and jlayl. really appreciate that :)

im really very nervous now.

having butterflies in my stomach.

are you ladies already a crew? or going for interview on 23?


hi dear, im goin for my medical check on mon under cathay pacific..
wish u luck ok..
be thr early on the 23rd if u r goin...coz when i accompany my sis to sheraton last time, we rch at 9am, her 1st interview was at 10.30am..meaning we waited for one n half hour for 1st round..so if u rch at noon time u gotta wait damn long for ur turn...
they will ve lunch break at bt 12plus... :D
When there's a will, there's a way.

missviolette
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat, 29 Jul 2006

Postby missviolette » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 11:17 pm

Jojoleona wrote:
missviolette wrote:Thank you jojo and jlayl. really appreciate that :)

im really very nervous now.

having butterflies in my stomach.

are you ladies already a crew? or going for interview on 23?


hi dear, im goin for my medical check on mon under cathay pacific..
wish u luck ok..
be thr early on the 23rd if u r goin...coz when i accompany my sis to sheraton last time, we rch at 9am, her 1st interview was at 10.30am..meaning we waited for one n half hour for 1st round..so if u rch at noon time u gotta wait damn long for ur turn...
they will ve lunch break at bt 12plus... :D


Hi jojo, thanks for your kind reply again. Thank you for the luck, really hope i can make it.

can i ask one more question on my mind.
will all four rounds take place on that day itself?

if so, what should i prepare for the 3rd and 4th round?
Thank you for your tips, i wish you well for your medical round as well, wow wow are you on cloud 9 just thinking about starting to fly?

:)
*Lets all build beautiful castles in the skies* :)

jlayl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu, 30 Oct 2008

Postby jlayl » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 11:23 pm

I am also going for the interview on the 23rd, first time going.

you can finish all 4 rounds if you start early, if not you might have to go back another day to finish the rounds. :)

3rd and 4th round.. you can prepare by reading back in this thread, there are tips inside, you gotta do some hardwork here. hahaa. and of cos its basically some questions you can expect, they should be along the same line, liek scanario based and questions regarding customer service.

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat, 27 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby Jojoleona » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 11:24 pm

missviolette wrote:
Jojoleona wrote:
missviolette wrote:Thank you jojo and jlayl. really appreciate that :)

im really very nervous now.

having butterflies in my stomach.

are you ladies already a crew? or going for interview on 23?


hi dear, im goin for my medical check on mon under cathay pacific..
wish u luck ok..
be thr early on the 23rd if u r goin...coz when i accompany my sis to sheraton last time, we rch at 9am, her 1st interview was at 10.30am..meaning we waited for one n half hour for 1st round..so if u rch at noon time u gotta wait damn long for ur turn...
they will ve lunch break at bt 12plus... :D


Hi jojo, thanks for your kind reply again. Thank you for the luck, really hope i can make it.

can i ask one more question on my mind.
will all four rounds take place on that day itself?

if so, what should i prepare for the 3rd and 4th round?
Thank you for your tips, i wish you well for your medical round as well, wow wow are you on cloud 9 just thinking about starting to fly?

:)


my dear if u r thr early, all 4 rounds will b completed by the same day, n they will arrange medical check up for u on another day.

for 3rd round will be 1 to 1 interview
4th round will be 2 to 1, they will ask lotsa questions..
so b prepared n dun b nervous...
take note of ur sitting n walkin posture when u walk into the room,
they actually will tk note of tt de, which alot of ppl dunno bt tt...
so look confident, but dun be over-confident coz they will thk tt u
r too proud n not suitable in wking service line...

n most imptly, smile thru all the rounds..even when u answer the interviewer, u ve to kp smiling...n even if they dun smile at u...u also ve to smile bk....kp smiling u wldnt go wrong...

lastly thanks for ur wishes...im really excited too...
bless u dear...any questions fl free to share or ask ok... :D
When there's a will, there's a way.

missviolette
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat, 29 Jul 2006

Postby missviolette » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 11:25 pm

jlayl wrote:I am also going for the interview on the 23rd, first time going.

you can finish all 4 rounds if you start early, if not you might have to go back another day to finish the rounds. :)

3rd and 4th round.. you can prepare by reading back in this thread, there are tips inside, you gotta do some hardwork here. hahaa. and of cos its basically some questions you can expect, they should be along the same line, liek scanario based and questions regarding customer service.


Thank you thank you :)
im reading on now and realised ive got more butterflies in my stomach ;)

all the best to you on the 23rd, maybe ill see you there :)
*Lets all build beautiful castles in the skies* :)

jetset
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri, 24 Oct 2008
Location: Central

Postby jetset » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 11:26 pm

Thanks! I will need lots of Lady Luck!
+++Lets get jet set!+++

missviolette
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat, 29 Jul 2006

Postby missviolette » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 11:27 pm

you're really nice. thank you, i guess ive to work on that
woo you just asked that question, so ill ask lots questions along the way yeah ? hehe
*Lets all build beautiful castles in the skies* :)

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat, 27 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby Jojoleona » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 11:31 pm

no prob my dear, fl free to ask, im here to share my experiences w everyone n also learn from others... i believe in sharing...keke...
the interviewer might ask u y u wanna be a cabin crew?
hw can u contribute to the company?
expect them to ask real lotsa questions during 3rd n 4th round..
n they will give u scenerio too...
so do abit of hmwork 1st, get urself prepared n u wldnt go thr w a blank head...or stuck at ur answers...
When there's a will, there's a way.

creamy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue, 07 Oct 2008

Postby creamy » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 11:37 pm

jlayl wrote:then how was your interview?
so they let you pass?


i did not manage to see what i was measure at but i was allowed to go to the first round, which i passed. subsequently, i got booted out at the kebaya (2nd) round. i've got no pimples nor scars so i guessed it must have been the height. still wondering if i should try again this 23rd...

missviolette
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat, 29 Jul 2006

Postby missviolette » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 11:40 pm

creamy wrote:
jlayl wrote:then how was your interview?
so they let you pass?


i did not manage to see what i was measure at but i was allowed to go to the first round, which i passed. subsequently, i got booted out at the kebaya (2nd) round. i've got no pimples nor scars so i guessed it must have been the height. still wondering if i should try again this 23rd...


how tall are u creamy?
you should keep trying, we must keep going.
dont give up too easily yeah, you can do ittttt!!!!
*Lets all build beautiful castles in the skies* :)

stephdavis
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon, 06 Oct 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby stephdavis » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 11:42 pm

hey creamy...you should try...since they let you in it must not be ur height that got u out..just keep trying :) jiaYOu!!

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat, 27 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby Jojoleona » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 11:43 pm

yes..dun give up..kp trying..ur cn make it... :D
When there's a will, there's a way.

jetset
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri, 24 Oct 2008
Location: Central

Postby jetset » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 12:09 am

Hi, as I begun reading along from the first pages of this forum. I have found out that there is actually a grade for the passage reading in round 3, end of 1-1 session. The grades are 1-4 (4 being the highest).

Is anyone here aware of this marking system? How does it work? How do we know what grade we got?

Thanks guys :)
+++Lets get jet set!+++

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 10:44 am

jlayl wrote:I just read from earlier posts that moles are not acceptable? is it true?
I have several moles on my lower arms!


Not true. :)

User avatar
sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue, 21 Oct 2008
Location: Northern Side of Sunny Island.

Postby sherrielynn » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 1:05 pm

jetset wrote:Hi, as I begun reading along from the first pages of this forum. I have found out that there is actually a grade for the passage reading in round 3, end of 1-1 session. The grades are 1-4 (4 being the highest).

Is anyone here aware of this marking system? How does it work? How do we know what grade we got?

Thanks guys :)



its a very simple passage but they used words like
- turbulence
- revved

the wanna see if you have a gd command of english,
just take it as a story telling passage. When i was reading mine, i just pretended to be reading to my tots (cuz i was teaching previously). Do not go thru it like an oral test, just glance thru and start reading.
=)

And they do not release your results.

As for moles and all , if you read thru your application, they will ask you in question number 6 ?
Flutterby Flutterby


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests