Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
shan

Post by shan » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 10:02 am

Hi girls... i couldn't get thru the first round. I was at the 840 interview today. Mayb i will try again next time round. This is kinda depressing. :(

galgally

Post by galgally » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 10:30 am

shan wrote:Hi girls... i couldn't get thru the first round. I was at the 840 interview today. Mayb i will try again next time round. This is kinda depressing. :(
Hey gal..i was there as well!! :cry:

silly

Post by silly » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 10:41 am

Shan & Galgally,

Sorry to hear about what happened this morning. Is it OK ask you 2 qns, see if can help:

1) how was the measurement of height like?

2) what kinda qns was asked in first round?

thank you so much for your advise...

Tori

Post by Tori » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 10:42 am

Cheer up Girls & Try again next time. Better than us, no invitations down...

:)
galgally wrote:
shan wrote:Hi girls... i couldn't get thru the first round. I was at the 840 interview today. Mayb i will try again next time round. This is kinda depressing. :(
Hey girl..i was there as well!! :cry:

Post by Guest » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 10:51 am

silly wrote:Shan & Galgally,

Sorry to hear about what happened this morning. Is it OK ask you 2 qns, see if can help:

Hi Silly, i wld say that there is definitely something wrong with the measuring aparatus, i noe i was less than 158, the last time i measured was 157.3, but today...it was 156!!!! not possible at all..the shortest i was measured previously was 157....There were two interviewers..they looked quite young i must say, they wanted a self-intro as well as y we wan to be a flight stewardess..10 of us went in..but only ONE was selected for the 2nd round..and she's gorgeous, porcelain skin, v v v v sweet looking, thou personally i felt tat she didnt talk very well..but wateva it is..she caught their attention..So girl..jus be urself..and tried not to rehearse too much..cos i tink i was too 'robotic' on my 'script'...haha* Gd luck!!

galgally

Post by galgally » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 10:59 am

Hi Silly, i wld say that there is definitely something wrong with the measuring aparatus, i know i was less than 158, the last time i measured was 157.3, but today...it was 156!!!! not possible at all..the shortest i was measured previously was 157....There were two interviewers..they looked quite young i must say, they wanted a self-intro as well as y we wan to be a flight stewardess..10 of us went in..but only ONE was selected for the 2nd round..and she's gorgeous, porcelain skin, v v v v sweet looking, thou personally i felt tat she didnt talk very well..but wateva it is..she caught their attention..So girl..jus be urself..and tried not to rehearse too much..because i tink i was too 'robotic' on my 'script'...haha* Gd luck!!

Post by Guest » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 11:03 am

Shan / Gal Gally, which one are you?

Thank You so much for your reply.

1) You mean you measured 156 and they will still let you in and not ask you to leave? In that case, thats very good news. Cause i probably will encounter the same problem as you. Im 158 but really worried they will measure less as i m so borderline.

2) I will heed your advise, wont practise, just sleep early and be myself.

You wana leave me your email add so we can keep in touch?

galgally

Post by galgally » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 11:22 am

Anonymous wrote:Shan / girl Gally, which one are you?

Thank You so much for your reply.

1) You mean you measured 156 and they will still let you in and not ask you to leave? In that case, thats very good news. Cause i probably will encounter the same problem as you. Im 158 but really worried they will measure less as i m so borderline.

2) I will heed your advise, wont practise, just sleep early and be myself.

You wana leave me your email add so we can keep in touch?
Heya..its me..galgally..~~ Dun worry abt the height..its not a walk-in interview afterall,they invited u there, so they wont chase u out..but somehow i felt tat e interviewer mite have looked at e height in e 1st round too..gd luck ya!!! :wink:

Colleen

Post by Colleen » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 11:32 am

Hi, Anyone received a reply from Jetstar?? They reply me saying i was shortlisted but no detail given... Any1 noe how the interview like?? Care to share..

shan

Post by shan » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 12:20 pm

Hey galgally wats ya name? My email is [email protected] can keep in contact if you want. Hey silly the ht will affect the interview somehow because most of the girls are rather tall. Mostly above 160 i feel.. So the judges are spoilt for choice. I was recorded as 157. Well they always say don't let your ht affect your confidence so i say just speak very very well and you will at least make it to the 2nd round. Gd luck!

galgally

Post by galgally » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 1:22 pm

shan wrote:Hey galgally wats ya name? My email is [email protected] can keep in contact if you want. Hey silly the ht will affect the interview somehow because most of the girls are rather tall. Mostly above 160 i feel.. So the judges are spoilt for choice. I was recorded as 157. Well they always say don't let your ht affect your confidence so i say just speak very very well and you will at least make it to the 2nd round. Gd luck!
Hi girl, i have tried adding u in msn.. :D

Paige

Post by Paige » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 1:23 pm

galgally wrote:

Hi Silly, i wld say that there is definitely something wrong with the measuring aparatus, i know i was less than 158, the last time i measured was 157.3, but today...it was 156!!!! not possible at all..the shortest i was measured previously was 157....There were two interviewers..they looked quite young i must say, they wanted a self-intro as well as y we wan to be a flight stewardess..10 of us went in..but only ONE was selected for the 2nd round..and she's gorgeous, porcelain skin, v v v v sweet looking, thou personally i felt tat she didnt talk very well..but wateva it is..she caught their attention..So girl..jus be urself..and tried not to rehearse too much..because i tink i was too 'robotic' on my 'script'...haha* Gd luck!!
Hi Galgally,
Dun be too sad, you can try again next time...At least you got shortlisted? Better then me... didn't even given a chance haiz.... Some of my friends tried more then 5 times then they got in... So dun give up k? They measured you 156 and they let you in? U r so lucky, last time when they measured me 156 on that day, they juz ask me to leave..but I'm 157..
Take Care! :wink:

Keen

Post by Keen » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 1:32 pm

Hi to everyone who haf rcd the mail for the FINAL SILKAIR interview.We haf already made it this far.Hope we can get to pass the biggest and final hurdle with ease.

Any SILKAIR crew,present or ex, can ya help us in telling us how the FINAL interview is like.I'm sure all of us dying to know the procedures and all since we haf already made it this far.And we dont wanna fall flat right on our faces if we get rejected this time round.

PLS HELP! WE ARE DESPERATE!

And all those trying and going through for SIA, GOOD LUCK to all of you.We know how it feels cause we have just been there. :D

FAwannabe

Post by FAwannabe » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 1:47 pm

Anonymous wrote:Hi All

I sent my application via email on the 16th, but it was returned everytime I sent my cover letter, application form and photo. In the end, I only managed to get my cover letter and appplication form thru... without a photo... so there goes my chance because I have not receive any news from them... Moreover, I am already 29...

To all those going for the interview, GOOD LUCK!
Hi, the age linit is 29!! so u still stand a chance! :)

Paige

Post by Paige » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 1:47 pm

Shan, its okey, juz try again.. at least you got shortlisted? Better then me.. didnt even gt shortlisted.. Why u didn't get thru the 1st round? U mind sharing?