Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
babie_gal
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun, 26 Oct 2008
Location: sg
Contact:

Postby babie_gal » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 6:44 pm

thank u so much... jetset!! then do u know when will be the next intake?
:P thank again!
(>_<)""~~~~~~

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 8:02 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:
jetset wrote:Hi does anyone knows if $3500 is the gross salary or after CPF deduction? How much does FA take home on average?


Hello!
I heard that they can take home about $4000 on average.


rostering is bad for some recently because there are too many crews. sgd4000 is for good months and probably for the 345 crews.

and due to current economical situation, the company will slow down the recruitment drive.

goodluck to all! :cool:

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 8:06 pm

sherrielynn wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
sherrielynn wrote:
iemuy wrote:hi reii. perhaps i'll bump into u.
hahahaa. can i wear leggings? or is it too informal for interview? hahaaa.
i guess its actually luck if u got chosen. lets see.. wooo


thats a good question. im also having doubts on what to wear.

THEY NEVER TELL US WHAT TO WEAR AND WHAT NOT TO WEAR ! :x

Least Emirates gave me a list of what to wear...zzzz...


We are all adult. I guess adult don't need anyone to tell them what to wear to an interview :P


well at least theres a guide line on what not to wear and what to wear.
And if adults do not need anyone to tell them what to wear for an interview why do some companies tell them what to wear ?
I guess its just being formal for putting a min requriement of what to expect. =)


i reckon for interviews, whether be it the airline or banking, you are expected to dress formally for the interview. in fact, for any interview, you are required to dress formal for it. i don't see any argument needed for this.

do we expect to see any sloppy ones in interview, sadly yes we do. this only reflect on themselves. :)

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 8:07 pm

dreamDimpossible wrote:is 26 too old to be a newbie cabin crew?


no, unless your thinking is too old fashioned.

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 8:10 pm

summerboy02 wrote:My cabin crew friend mentioned that recruitment will be kept at minimum for 2009....or may even halt for a while....

Wonder if it is true....

if so,we do not have many chances to try for it...


that is correct. :)

dreamDimpossible
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun, 07 Sep 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby dreamDimpossible » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 8:27 pm

M wrote:
summerboy02 wrote:My cabin crew friend mentioned that recruitment will be kept at minimum for 2009....or may even halt for a while....

Wonder if it is true....

if so,we do not have many chances to try for it...


that is correct. :)


all thanx to the economy...hell.... =(

jetset
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri, 24 Oct 2008
Location: Central

Postby jetset » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 9:13 pm

M wrote:
wisdom&courage wrote:
jetset wrote:Hi does anyone knows if $3500 is the gross salary or after CPF deduction? How much does FA take home on average?


Hello!
I heard that they can take home about $4000 on average.


rostering is bad for some recently because there are too many crews. sgd4000 is for good months and probably for the 345 crews.

and due to current economical situation, the company will slow down the recruitment drive.

goodluck to all! :cool:



So on average, how much will the take home pay be after CPF deduction? May I also ask which 345 crews are you talking about? Thanks!
+++Lets get jet set!+++

rachelhoe
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun, 26 Oct 2008

Postby rachelhoe » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 9:46 pm

is there any interview or walk-in in dec? i will be finishing my alevels and i want to try out... haha i even prepared my speech and points when i should be studying now..haha
One bad thing about making a deal with the devil is, he always comes to collect.

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 10:30 pm

jetset wrote:So on average, how much will the take home pay be after CPF deduction? May I also ask which 345 crews are you talking about? Thanks!


You can easily bring home at least $2000-$2500 for your basic salary and misc allowances.

With your overseas allowances, you can probably add another $1500-$3000 to it. It is all dependent on the flights you're doing. On good months, with flights swapped, you can earn $6000-$7000 before CPF.

1 long flight like 8 days Nrt-Lax can fetch you $1400. So do the maths. :D

345 crews are those whom are trained for the 345 fleet. They do extended long range to States. Their allowances for that particular sector is 3 times the normal because of the flight time so they usually have the higher yield allowances. Usually. :)

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 10:36 pm

rachelhoe wrote:is there any interview or walk-in in dec? i will be finishing my alevels and i want to try out... haha i even prepared my speech and points when i should be studying now..haha


Below is the 2008 Recruitment schedule of the various countries for your reference:

FS/FSS Recruitment Month

Singapore
Jan, Feb, March, April, May, June, July, Sep, Oct, Nov

Malaysia
Jan, March, April, May, June, July, Aug, Oct, Dec

FSS Recruitment Month

China
Jan, March, April, June, Aug, Nov

Hong Kong
Jan, June

India
March, April, July, Oct, Dec

Indonesia
Jan, March, April, May, June, Aug, Nov

Japan
May, Sep

Korea
Jan, July

Taiwan
Dec

Interested applicants should visit www.singaporeair.com/careers for more details.

For more information, please e-mail us at cabincrew_recruit@singaporeair.com.sg

The Recruitment schedule is correct at the time of this posting.

summerboy02
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed, 17 Oct 2007

Postby summerboy02 » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 10:52 pm

Hi M

Is the recruitment schedule for 2009 out?any news on the recruitment drive in 2009?


Below is the 2008 Recruitment schedule of the various countries for your reference:

FS/FSS Recruitment Month

Singapore
Jan, Feb, March, April, May, June, July, Sep, Oct, Nov

Malaysia
Jan, March, April, May, June, July, Aug, Oct, Dec

FSS Recruitment Month

China
Jan, March, April, June, Aug, Nov

Hong Kong
Jan, June

India
March, April, July, Oct, Dec

Indonesia
Jan, March, April, May, June, Aug, Nov

Japan
May, Sep

Korea
Jan, July

Taiwan
Dec

Interested applicants should visit www.singaporeair.com/careers for more details.

For more information, please e-mail us at cabincrew_recruit@singaporeair.com.sg

The Recruitment schedule is correct at the time of this posting.[/quote]

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 10:55 pm

summerboy02 wrote:Hi M

Is the recruitment schedule for 2009 out?any news on the recruitment drive in 2009?


Nothing at the moment. We are expecting close to nil recruitment next year. :o Expecting. Of course, anything can happen but at the moment, we have an excess of crews and the company is canceling flights so the future is bleak.

pinkpot
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun, 26 Oct 2008

anyone interview at 9 am??

Postby pinkpot » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 11:19 pm

hello, is anyones interview at 9am? pm me cuz i am a newbie here and cant pm anyone. thanks :lol:

MrMister
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 15 Oct 2008

Postby MrMister » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 11:36 pm

hafiz_ wrote:
MrMister wrote:Hi everyone :D,

Do guys, if wearing long sleeves, have to roll up to show whole arms during skin checks? Or only palms will be checked?

thanks in advanced :D


as far as what i've been thru, we weren't told to roll up our sleeves during the skin check. just walk towards the interviewer where she'll ask you a basic question. stretch out your palms, turn them and put down your arms and walk back. that's basically it. hope that helps!


thanks again. this round seems ok.:cool:

User avatar
windancer04
Regular
Regular
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008
Location: singapore

Postby windancer04 » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 11:51 pm

MrMister wrote:
hafiz_ wrote:
MrMister wrote:Hi everyone :D,

Do guys, if wearing long sleeves, have to roll up to show whole arms during skin checks? Or only palms will be checked?

thanks in advanced :D


as far as what i've been thru, we weren't told to roll up our sleeves during the skin check. just walk towards the interviewer where she'll ask you a basic question. stretch out your palms, turn them and put down your arms and walk back. that's basically it. hope that helps!




thanks again. this round seems ok.:cool:


it may seems easy n ok but i dont know why got alot of pple failed this rd. Esp for girls...
♥Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT and IT WILL BE YOURS (Mark 11:24)♥


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests