Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Idenice
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 13 Oct 2008

Postby Idenice » Mon, 13 Oct 2008 2:11 pm

Hey gals, I'm sending in the write-in application for 31st Oct interview...Did u guys upload your photo for the write-in?

higgledy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon, 24 Oct 2005

Postby higgledy » Mon, 13 Oct 2008 5:42 pm

Anyone got shortlisted for the 31st Oct yet? I just received mine, at 10am...

joy^
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun, 21 Sep 2008

Postby joy^ » Mon, 13 Oct 2008 6:01 pm

i've got mine too! However, mine's @ 9.15 am. Anyone of the same slot?

lin_mei_mei
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon, 13 Oct 2008

Postby lin_mei_mei » Mon, 13 Oct 2008 7:45 pm

eh..i got shortlisted on 31st Oct..timing 10.30pm..any 1 with the same timing?

User avatar
windancer04
Regular
Regular
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008
Location: singapore

Postby windancer04 » Mon, 13 Oct 2008 8:16 pm

Im shortlisted too for the 31st oct..9.45am. so early... :???:
♥Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT and IT WILL BE YOURS (Mark 11:24)♥

kahmun1989
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed, 01 Oct 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby kahmun1989 » Mon, 13 Oct 2008 10:46 pm

im shortlisted too!
mine is 930am. anyone knows how to get there?
:)

cabincrew2b
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat, 20 Sep 2008

Re: Ho

Postby cabincrew2b » Mon, 13 Oct 2008 11:41 pm

creamy wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
calvink wrote:hmmm...economy is getting so bad right now..WHats more. Singapore is the first Asia countries to be hit by recession..

Wondering the large recruitment activities would RESULT in Retrenchment later..... probably SQ could have been hit hard..


Recruitment is going to be very minimum now as we are expecting to be hit by the economy downturn. With the large intake since the start of the year, there were enough crew operating the flights for now. The problem of this expansion is that it coincide with the economy crisis. To tackle that, flights are going to be cut and it will result in excess crew. Retrenchment is not out of the equation. For those going for the interview, do prepare yourself and do your best, its not going to be ease to get in now and there will be very few in takes in the coming months :(


Hmm that makes sense. With the economic situation as such, wonder why there are holding another write-in for 31st oct. so soon after the 15th oct interview.


SQ is actually planning for more flight schedules...
if you did read the news in the website..
e.g SIN - KUL flights with the other 2 airlines..

hope everyone just go ahead with the interviews.. do your best..
don't worry about anything regarding recruitment at its minimum due to economy..
keep the spirit up.. you want the job, you do your best! :lol:

dOvee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue, 26 Jun 2007

Postby dOvee » Tue, 14 Oct 2008 1:38 am

Idenice wrote:Hey gals, I'm sending in the write-in application for 31st Oct interview...Did u guys upload your photo for the write-in?


oh no, i didnt upload my pic. i only realise it after i finish applying.. Did you?

How about the rest who were shortlisted, where did you place for photo? uploaded? :(

dOvee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue, 26 Jun 2007

Postby dOvee » Tue, 14 Oct 2008 1:48 am

i just realise they emailed me!! anyone knows how to go there?

pork12
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed, 27 Aug 2008

Postby pork12 » Tue, 14 Oct 2008 3:27 pm

I'm envious of girls who are going for the interview... I need to get my skin conditions to improve before I can even think of it... Well... To all those who are going for the interviews, all the best! :D

riviolet
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 13 May 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby riviolet » Tue, 14 Oct 2008 3:47 pm

Hi, i'm a newbie here..anybody going to the 10.45am slot on 15 oct?

stephdavis
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon, 06 Oct 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby stephdavis » Tue, 14 Oct 2008 5:17 pm

pork12 wrote:I'm envious of girls who are going for the interview... I need to get my skin conditions to improve before I can even think of it... Well... To all those who are going for the interviews, all the best! :D


Me too!i have to wait at least 2 years :( but hopefully the economy would not be as bad then.

ccmm
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 08 Oct 2008

Postby ccmm » Tue, 14 Oct 2008 6:52 pm

riviolet...im at the 1045 slot...cant pm :x

pork12
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed, 27 Aug 2008

Postby pork12 » Tue, 14 Oct 2008 7:49 pm

stephdavis wrote:
pork12 wrote:I'm envious of girls who are going for the interview... I need to get my skin conditions to improve before I can even think of it... Well... To all those who are going for the interviews, all the best! :D


Me too!i have to wait at least 2 years :( but hopefully the economy would not be as bad then.


2 years? You're still in school? I hope I can start going for interviews next year. Haha... Well... Persistence pays off I hope... =)

stephdavis
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon, 06 Oct 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby stephdavis » Tue, 14 Oct 2008 8:22 pm

pork12 wrote:
stephdavis wrote:
pork12 wrote:I'm envious of girls who are going for the interview... I need to get my skin conditions to improve before I can even think of it... Well... To all those who are going for the interviews, all the best! :D


Me too!i have to wait at least 2 years :( but hopefully the economy would not be as bad then.


2 years? You're still in school? I hope I can start going for interviews next year. Haha... Well... Persistence pays off I hope... =)


haha...yeah i have 2 yrs b4 i graduate.. :( have you been to any interview??


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest