Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
strawberryswing
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri, 12 Sep 2008

Postby strawberryswing » Sat, 13 Sep 2008 1:53 am

hi! i'm going for the interview on the 21st.
first time.
so scared.
my skin recently broke out, its clearing up now but i dont know if it'll be good enough.
and i on the plump side, a UK10, do you think i'll make it?
i'm 1.60m.
help me!

cuteprince
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 12 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Re: question?

Postby cuteprince » Sat, 13 Sep 2008 11:01 am

ahemrmompmlhaaniez wrote:
cuteprince wrote:1.what will you do if you met a drunken passenger? Will you still provide him more drinks?

2.If you accidentally spilled a hot drink on a passenger and the passenger is super furious, what will you do?

3.why do you want to switch a career? (i noe this is a stupid question for me to ask......haha....just wanna have some clue form you guys.:)

thanks.


Hi,

For me, my ans would be :_
1) Apologise to tt pax n provide only softdrinks for him. If he insists on having alcohol, i will inform my crew leader for further instruction.
2) Apologise to tt pax and help to clean his/her clothes. I would also inform my crew leader and pay more attention to tt pax to make him/her feel more comfortable during the filight.
3) Ermm.. it really depends on individual...

:D no matter how, have to apologise to pax in the 1st place coz 'customers oways right'?? :???:


hey, thanks for the answer , appreciate it!
So u r now a steward/dess or still appraoching to your dream?
anyway , thanks for your advised!
god bless!


akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu, 20 Sep 2007
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby akiheartfelt » Sun, 14 Sep 2008 12:16 am

surfsiderose wrote:how high are/is the slits/slit? i


Few inches above your knees but as long as you walk in small moderate steps it won't open up too big

pork12
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed, 27 Aug 2008

Postby pork12 » Mon, 15 Sep 2008 9:50 am

Gnip wrote:
pork12 wrote:gnip: how's ur interview today?? =)


Hey hey! I made it to the management round! Waiting for their response which will come next week.. :)


CooL! Congrats! Will you still be going on the 21st then??

Gnip
Regular
Regular
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon, 01 Sep 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Gnip » Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:44 pm

pork12 wrote:
Gnip wrote:
pork12 wrote:gnip: how's ur interview today?? =)


Hey hey! I made it to the management round! Waiting for their response which will come next week.. :)


CooL! Congrats! Will you still be going on the 21st then??


Thanks! I'm still waiting for their response from the last interview. Hmm... I'm not sure if i'm going, but my friend would like me to accompany her. HMMM... Pork12, you flying for SIA already?
Helloo! (:

cuteprince
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 12 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby cuteprince » Mon, 15 Sep 2008 3:48 pm

Gnip wrote:
pork12 wrote:gnip: how's ur interview today?? =)


Hey hey! I made it to the management round! Waiting for their response which will come next week.. :)


wow, congrat!
mind to share ya experience?
:)

pork12
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed, 27 Aug 2008

Postby pork12 » Mon, 15 Sep 2008 8:24 pm

Gnip wrote:
pork12 wrote:
Gnip wrote:
pork12 wrote:gnip: how's ur interview today?? =)


Hey hey! I made it to the management round! Waiting for their response which will come next week.. :)


CooL! Congrats! Will you still be going on the 21st then??


Thanks! I'm still waiting for their response from the last interview. Hmm... I'm not sure if i'm going, but my friend would like me to accompany her. HMMM... Pork12, you flying for SIA already?


Hehe. Nopes! Never been to a single interview...

User avatar
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby Abercrombie » Tue, 16 Sep 2008 11:48 pm

So quite in here now adays....where are all those kaki's who had become a stewardess??? So busy till no time to come in here :cry:

Puccho
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 17 Sep 2008

Postby Puccho » Wed, 17 Sep 2008 3:07 am

Hi! I'm kinda new on this forum so hello!

I'm interested in joining the SIA walk in recruitment interview on the 21st of September but I'm not really sure if I am eligible so can anybody shed some light for me?

I'm currently 18 and just completed my private diploma in Mass Communications but due to financial problems, I am unable to move on to degree. I am about 157cm +/- (not sure if I've grown) and has yet to receive the cert for dip so I'm not sure if I am able to join in.

I have slight pimple scars/marks on my back and my left calf has some scars and I'm not sure if it would pose a problem during the interview. I haven't been to an interview once and has no prior working experience so.. any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

PS: sorry for this huge post >_<

lovelypoo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 17 Sep 2008
Location: Singapour

Postby lovelypoo » Wed, 17 Sep 2008 9:52 am

Hi All,

I would like to know what is the blackout period if any, should one made it to the SQ final management round but was not selected? Went last month and would love to try again! Was so close.
cCcC

catcrazy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu, 29 May 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby catcrazy » Wed, 17 Sep 2008 8:21 pm

lovelypoo wrote:Hi All,

I would like to know what is the blackout period if any, should one made it to the SQ final management round but was not selected? Went last month and would love to try again! Was so close.


it is 2mths=)

catcrazy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu, 29 May 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby catcrazy » Wed, 17 Sep 2008 8:24 pm

Puccho wrote:Hi! I'm kinda new on this forum so hello!

I'm interested in joining the SIA walk in recruitment interview on the 21st of September but I'm not really sure if I am eligible so can anybody shed some light for me?

I'm currently 18 and just completed my private diploma in Mass Communications but due to financial problems, I am unable to move on to degree. I am about 157cm +/- (not sure if I've grown) and has yet to receive the cert for dip so I'm not sure if I am able to join in.

I have slight pimple scars/marks on my back and my left calf has some scars and I'm not sure if it would pose a problem during the interview. I haven't been to an interview once and has no prior working experience so.. any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

PS: sorry for this huge post >_<



hey=) welcome to the forum=D
regarding ur height, u may have a little problem depending on whether the person taking ur height is lenient or not.

u can still apply even if u havent received ur cert. they will call up ur school to check once u get selected.

if ur scar is at the back of ur calf, it wont be seen. if ure not confident, u can always wear stockings and a bit of concealor=) pimples on the back is ok as long as they are not too high. so as long as the kebaya covers, it is fine=)

Puccho
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 17 Sep 2008

Postby Puccho » Wed, 17 Sep 2008 9:25 pm

oh! ok thank you catcrazy! =)

Bearie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 17 Sep 2008

Re: Cabin Crew interview this sep 08

Postby Bearie » Wed, 17 Sep 2008 10:00 pm

sstan123 wrote:
silhouettic wrote:hi
Does anyone knows of anyone who have chicken pox scars on face or acne discoloration on the back who got the SIA contract?
Im thinking of going for the SIA interview on the 21st of september 08 but I have those two problems( 2 visible cp on face & acne discoloration on the back) .will concealing as much as possible (altho can still be visible a lil) helps?

There was a girl who attended my talk a few months ago had 2 chicken pox marks next to her eye. She was booted a few times at the kebaya round. She came and consulted me and now she happily flying with SQ (her 1st month flying).


Hi,I'm also quite new to this forum.I know it's very silly to ask this ques.but I still very curious.do u know of any gal who get in SQ with less than 5 O level credits but have experience in customer service??

mintia
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun, 24 Aug 2008

Postby mintia » Wed, 17 Sep 2008 10:19 pm

catcrazy wrote:
lovelypoo wrote:Hi All,

I would like to know what is the blackout period if any, should one made it to the SQ final management round but was not selected? Went last month and would love to try again! Was so close.


it is 2mths=)


Hi Catcrazy,

So if I didnt make it through the final round in June - means I should be OK for this coming Sept interviews right? *worried*

Thanks,
mintia


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests