Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
dreamzz19
Regular
Regular

Post by dreamzz19 » Wed, 25 Jun 2008 1:51 am

btw, how do we get to sia training centre? chk streetdirectory but nearest mrt is expo.. and from there is still like 1.32 km away...

preetie

Not receive any email or call from SIA

Post by preetie » Wed, 25 Jun 2008 2:18 am

Hi Guys..

I need some advise..
My interview with SIA was successful and also pass my medical check up..
During my employment briefing on 20/3, i informed Sheryn that i'll be finishing my diploma 3 months time.. she told me to email her once i finish my diploma.. i just finished my diploma and im currenly waiting for my cert.. i email her may 28 and till now noone has called me or reply to my email.. i even forwarded the mail to [email protected] but noone has replied
Im feeling very tensed now... is there a way to reach Sheryn...

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Post by llentimes » Wed, 25 Jun 2008 2:25 am

From Tanah Merah MRT station i think can take bus 24. U can check with the bus driver which stop to drop off. Can also take a cab down from the nearest MRT station so you wont have to look for it or end up in the wrong place. :D
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Post by llentimes » Wed, 25 Jun 2008 2:29 am

preetie

Maybe you can give them some time?? Probably they too busy with paperworks and arranging new training batches...so they have yet get back to you. :D I sure everything should be fine for you. :lol:

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by catcrazy » Wed, 25 Jun 2008 6:31 am

u can take 24 from tanah merah or 5 from pasir ris interchange or simei (opp changkat changi sec). 24 is a slightly longer ride but abt 5 mins for number 5..

u can ask the driver to tell u where to stop. there r 2 stops u can stop at so if u miss one dont worry coz the rd to STC is smack in the middle of it.

frm tanah merah and simei, u stop at the busstop next to the childcare. it wld have alr passed seagull walk

frm pasir ris, i think the stop is the first or 2nd one after the mini expressway bit

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by catcrazy » Wed, 25 Jun 2008 6:34 am

btw llentimes..i like ur signature=)

mark 11:24 is nice too=)

felixtwp

Post by felixtwp » Wed, 25 Jun 2008 9:48 am

hi double e,

sorry for the late reply...the few qn that caught me off guard at the third round was,

if you can serve only one, an elderly lady and a young kid, which one will u serve ? and why?

second was a passenger claimed that he's reserved a window seat 3 weeks ago and yet during the flught he's squashed in btw two passengers.. what will ya first reaaction be

gee.. guess i prob didn't give an ans good enough for this round and ended up getting booted..haiz..

well no worries.. one day i'll fly... can any one help me with the online application? wat do i have to include? the same application as the walk-in and a picture of myself? is my resume required?

*still feeling the post-rejection effects nw thou*
only injuries can stop me from being the best

double e

Post by double e » Wed, 25 Jun 2008 11:51 am

felixtwp wrote:hi double e,

sorry for the late reply...the few qn that caught me off guard at the third round was,

if you can serve only one, an elderly lady and a young kid, which one will u serve ? and why?

second was a passenger claimed that he's reserved a window seat 3 weeks ago and yet during the flught he's squashed in btw two passengers.. what will ya first reaaction be

gee.. guess i prob didn't give an ans good enough for this round and ended up getting booted..haiz..

well no worries.. one day i'll fly... can any one help me with the online application? wat do i have to include? the same application as the walk-in and a picture of myself? is my resume required?

*still feeling the post-rejection effects nw thou*
seem like your question are pretty tough.

For your first question, maybe u can tell them i will serve the elderly first and thus will get help from other stewardess to serve the kid together.

As for your second question, maybe u can try asking the passenger sitting near the window whether will it be convenient for him/her to change seat or perhaps asking other passengers as well. If no other passengers decide to change seat, then u could try asking the passenger himself/herself is there anything u could do to make him/her confortable throughout the whole journey.

Regarding your on-line application, just include a resume, recent photo and the application form.

Cheers
Double e

double e

Post by double e » Wed, 25 Jun 2008 11:52 am

dreamzz19 wrote:btw, how do we get to sia training centre? chk streetdirectory but nearest mrt is expo.. and from there is still like 1.32 km away...
hi dreamzz19, what time is your interview?

double e

Will there be a higher chance for write-in?

Post by double e » Wed, 25 Jun 2008 11:57 am

Hi there.

Was wondering will there be a higher chance for write-in as compare to walk-in since there will be lesser people and the interviewer wouldn't be that strict?

i wonder how do they select the people for write-in? cos i have friends who did not receive a reply from them when we send in our application together?

soursalad

Post by soursalad » Wed, 25 Jun 2008 12:19 pm

catcrazy wrote:
Aquagal wrote:
catcrazy wrote:o man.. i got rejected. good luck to all of u still waiting yah? *HUG*

Oh wat happened dear?! Did they tell you the reason? Be strong and move on, I'm sure God has better plans for you! Try other airlines to fulfill your dreams! =)
thanks dear*HUG* abit disappointed but i have faith that He has only the best for me=)
Hey cat, no worries yah, HUGS! well at least now u know that u can be a sq gal :) but only the medicals didnt make it. Tt doesnt make you less capable it's just for the best of your safety and health yah. :)
Im sure other other options are most likely suited for u. i reaally wish i could give ya a warm hug.

ps, mine is still not in no calls nothing....

charubsu

Post by charubsu » Wed, 25 Jun 2008 1:21 pm

YA YA i wonder what will the sessions be at STC?

i think the ans were great ~ ' double e ' i assume thats what they wanted a mind that's service minded and able to think out of the box.. ^^

anyway double e would u like to go paris ris interchange and take number 5 since i saw other post wrote that it'll be nearer that way?

cheers people

charubsu

Post by charubsu » Wed, 25 Jun 2008 1:24 pm

dreamzz19

what time is ur interview on jul 2? ^^

double e

Post by double e » Wed, 25 Jun 2008 3:01 pm

charubsu wrote:YA YA i wonder what will the sessions be at STC?

i think the ans were great ~ ' double e ' i assume thats what they wanted a mind that's service minded and able to think out of the box.. ^^

anyway double e would u like to go paris ris interchange and take number 5 since i saw other post wrote that it'll be nearer that way?

cheers people
I dun mind. Meet same time?

sychelles

Post by sychelles » Wed, 25 Jun 2008 4:24 pm

thanks double e for your time in all my queries.
yes i was also wondering how to they actually select from lot of those write-in interviewees.

btw to those who receive their call for 2nd july interview, may i ask how long had u guys waited before they contact you?
the time period u send in ur application forms and when they contact you for 2nd july interview.

thanks.
cheers.