Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
charubsu
Member
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue, 03 Jun 2008
Location: singapore

Postby charubsu » Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:16 pm

haha true.. .. i'll be bringing the convinced part to them and show them even thought how tiring the job may be i still wanna giv it a try..

User avatar
mouse
Regular
Regular
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue, 27 Sep 2005

Postby mouse » Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:30 pm

double e wrote:
charubsu wrote:oh really? but if we go together then you will have to wait for half hour cause mine is at 9am.. u mind ma?


its ok. at least we are not alone. wanna pm me your number then we disucss on the phone.


hi there,

can i know whether =u guyz sent your application forms via this email address :cabincrew_recruit@singaporeair.com.sg and when?

Thanks in advance :wink:

visualmanic
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon, 02 Jun 2008

Postby visualmanic » Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:58 pm

charubsu wrote:hey i 'm going for the jul 2 interview too~ lets go together? mine is 9am


so u didnt go to last sunday's interview?

double e
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun, 23 Mar 2008

Postby double e » Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:21 am

mouse wrote:
double e wrote:
charubsu wrote:oh really? but if we go together then you will have to wait for half hour cause mine is at 9am.. u mind ma?


its ok. at least we are not alone. wanna pm me your number then we disucss on the phone.


hi there,

can i know whether =u guyz sent your application forms via this email address :cabincrew_recruit@singaporeair.com.sg and when?

Thanks in advance :wink:


i send it last week and i'm going on 2nd july.

double e
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun, 23 Mar 2008

Postby double e » Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:22 am

visualmanic wrote:
charubsu wrote:hey i 'm going for the jul 2 interview too~ lets go together? mine is 9am


so u didnt go to last sunday's interview?


i went.

kyjster
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 24 Jun 2008

Postby kyjster » Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:53 am

hey everyone...so sad to know that many people got booted out....i myself went on the 22nd too and did not even pass the first round....it was my first attempt....notice that sia is looking for people who can speak gd english as those who pass the first round in my group all speak clearly and using professional english but will not smiling when they were talking.

Plavt
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Tue, 24 Jun 2008 1:03 am

kyjster wrote:.notice that sia is looking for people who can speak gd english as those who pass the first round in my group all speak clearly and using professional english but will not smiling when they were talking.


......and the times I tried to tell people here that only to be ridiculed and scorned....... :(

Yan86
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue, 24 Jun 2008

Postby Yan86 » Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:54 am

Hey Charubsu,
is it only singaporean pr are allowed to send their application form to cabincrew_recruit@singaporeair.com.sg? From what i know, singaporean prs are allowed to mail their application to SIA, so i was wondering if singaporeans can go through that method of applying.

R u singaporean or pr in this case?

PS: Hi everyone, i'm new to this forum. :D

poohie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed, 21 May 2008

Postby poohie » Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:16 pm

I went for interview on 22nd too and got boot out the first round. The ger who got in did not speak very well either. I am also puzzled what they are looking for. Some whom speak really very well and confident did not get in. Only 2 got in. While waiting to go into the interview room, right outside where they announced your name. Heard the male group only 1 guy was selected and the rest was asked to leave. Have they got enough people there ? Previously when i went, about 5 person got in. This time round they seems to select very little peoples.

sychelles
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 24 Jun 2008
Location: Serangoon

Postby sychelles » Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:26 pm

Hi double e,

Is it that even if the SIA website did not state a dateline for write-in application to their email address, we can send in our resume n application form anytime we want? we do not have to wait for the website to post for write-in application datelines?

thank you so much.

double e
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun, 23 Mar 2008

Postby double e » Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:43 pm

sychelles wrote:Hi double e,

Is it that even if the SIA website did not state a dateline for write-in application to their email address, we can send in our resume n application form anytime we want? we do not have to wait for the website to post for write-in application datelines?

thank you so much.


hi dear. i'm not sure about the dateline but i guess u can try sending them and who knows they might reply u.

double e
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun, 23 Mar 2008

Postby double e » Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:44 pm

poohie wrote:I went for interview on 22nd too and got boot out the first round. The ger who got in did not speak very well either. I am also puzzled what they are looking for. Some whom speak really very well and confident did not get in. Only 2 got in. While waiting to go into the interview room, right outside where they announced your name. Heard the male group only 1 guy was selected and the rest was asked to leave. Have they got enough people there ? Previously when i went, about 5 person got in. This time round they seems to select very little peoples.


perhaps the interviewers that day want handsome/good looking guys and pretty sexy ladies. No matter what, keep trying. Don't give up!

sychelles
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 24 Jun 2008
Location: Serangoon

Postby sychelles » Tue, 24 Jun 2008 1:37 pm

thanks double e!

Btw you mean for your case: there wasnt an online write-in application but u send it on your own accord to the email address and they call you up for interview on 2 july?

What do you include in your online application? cover letter, resume and application forms? May i know who do i have to address the cover letter to?

so sorry but really appreciate you for your time.

cheers

double e
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun, 23 Mar 2008

Postby double e » Tue, 24 Jun 2008 2:09 pm

sychelles wrote:thanks double e!

Btw you mean for your case: there wasnt an online write-in application but u send it on your own accord to the email address and they call you up for interview on 2 july?

What do you include in your online application? cover letter, resume and application forms? May i know who do i have to address the cover letter to?

so sorry but really appreciate you for your time.

cheers



yup. there wasn't an online write in application at all. they replied me after i send in my resume and application form. I guess u don't have to send it to a particular person cos i didn't state in my letter at all. no problem. hope i can help. anything just pm me.

valeberry
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue, 26 Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby valeberry » Tue, 24 Jun 2008 3:01 pm

Wonderin if the application close?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests