Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
Yoshiaki
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon, 26 May 2008

Postby Yoshiaki » Wed, 28 May 2008 10:49 am

Hey Mouse,

As opposed to trying for SQ in Malaysia, it might be better to review wat went wrong at the interviews that you went for.

Qns that you might want to examine:

1) Which stage did you fail at for the various attempts

2) Which stage do you most frequently have issues with

3) What usually goes on during that round

4) What do you think went wrong at that round

5) What can you do to address the issues listed in point 4)

Its no point trying to go for interview at Malaysia cos though they might be more lenient, you might also stick out like a nail and worse still they might even ask why did you travel up north to attempt when they have so many rounds in Sg.

Jus my 2 cents worth, hopefully you will be able to get to realise your dreams the next time round.

Ganbatte!!!

Yoshi
Momento Mori

summerboy02
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed, 17 Oct 2007

Postby summerboy02 » Wed, 28 May 2008 12:40 pm

Dear Yoshiaki

so how many guys passed the round two which is the skin check/catwalk round?what questions were being posed to you at this round?

I went for the feb intake and round two has either 80% or even 100% (per group )of the guys who passed.Questions posed to me then were the number of attempts for the interview and which is the furthest round I have been.

Still,I was being booted out at the management.Still puzzled...sigh

Regards
Summerboy

smurfieee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed, 26 Mar 2008
Contact:

Postby smurfieee » Wed, 28 May 2008 1:28 pm

fixyou wrote:Hi scylus, can i know when you will e starting your training? thanks (: btw how long will the signing of bond takes? and will you be seeing your entire batchmates on the day?

Thank you (:


nope...cause bond-signing is a 2 day long affair... and they will give you a disc on that day...asking you to read up on that...as there is a test given based on that disc on the 2nd or 3rd day of training...
::s.m.u.r.f.i.e.e.e::

smurfieee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed, 26 Mar 2008
Contact:

Postby smurfieee » Wed, 28 May 2008 1:35 pm

summerboy02 wrote:Dear Yoshiaki

so how many guys passed the round two which is the skin check/catwalk round?what questions were being posed to you at this round?

I went for the feb intake and round two has either 80% or even 100% (per group )of the guys who passed.Questions posed to me then were the number of attempts for the interview and which is the furthest round I have been.

Still,I was being booted out at the management.Still puzzled...sigh

Regards
Summerboy


well well...in my own personal view...i think there is no precise guideline for those interviewer also....there are a few kind and mean interviewers...and they are all humans after all, they do have their moods and emotions..so i think you may did excatly the same thing but in the eyes of different interviewer..your result will varies as well...so just be yourself.. ;)
::s.m.u.r.f.i.e.e.e::

fixyou
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon, 25 Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby fixyou » Wed, 28 May 2008 2:20 pm

thanks smurfieee and scylus for your replies.
so we will have pre-employment briefing one day after the bond signing yes?

for those who are having training now, care to share how are the lessons and schedule etc?
btw if we do not possess swimming skills, is the water confidence going to be a gret hurdle for us?
in addition, is it really true that we willhave saturday classes every week or for some weeks only throughout the duration of the training?

Thank you all!
be my escapade.

smurfieee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed, 26 Mar 2008
Contact:

Postby smurfieee » Wed, 28 May 2008 2:39 pm

fixyou wrote:thanks smurfieee and scylus for your replies.
so we will have pre-employment briefing one day after the bond signing yes?

for those who are having training now, care to share how are the lessons and schedule etc?
btw if we do not possess swimming skills, is the water confidence going to be a gret hurdle for us?
in addition, is it really true that we willhave saturday classes every week or for some weeks only throughout the duration of the training?

Thank you all!


nopenope... i had my pre-empolyment briefing in mar...and only sign my bond yesterday..waahaa...but my is a special case...anyway...pre-empolyment briefing is days after you cleared your 4rounds and bond signing is days after your training commerce..

hope that answer to your question... :wink:
::s.m.u.r.f.i.e.e.e::

Tres Bien Merci
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu, 11 Oct 2007

Postby Tres Bien Merci » Wed, 28 May 2008 2:59 pm

Hi all!!!

Congratulation for those that get selected and """DONT GIVE UP"""" for those that dont get selected.

There is still next month. I know it's hurt but what can we do now, we just need to prepare ourselve for next interview. :D :D

I agree that interviewer are human and they do have emotion. So i guess it is really depend to luck and i believe our hard work will pay for. :) :wink:

I didnt go for May interview. :( I am out of town. :(

But i will do my best to attend June interview if any. :D :D

dreamzz19
Regular
Regular
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu, 08 May 2008

hey

Postby dreamzz19 » Wed, 28 May 2008 3:14 pm

smurfieee wrote:
fixyou wrote:thanks smurfieee and scylus for your replies.
so we will have pre-employment briefing one day after the bond signing yes?

for those who are having training now, care to share how are the lessons and schedule etc?
btw if we do not possess swimming skills, is the water confidence going to be a gret hurdle for us?
in addition, is it really true that we willhave saturday classes every week or for some weeks only throughout the duration of the training?

Thank you all!


nopenope... i had my pre-empolyment briefing in mar...and only sign my bond yesterday..waahaa...but my is a special case...anyway...pre-empolyment briefing is days after you cleared your 4rounds and bond signing is days after your training commerce..

hope that answer to your question... :wink:



hey understand u sign ur bond with sia. can i chk w u how long is it and how much is it? understand tt bond amt is pro-rated but heard tt if break during training or probation.. one have to pay a full amt instead of pro-rated... so can i chk w u wad's d case like?

thx a lot=)

User avatar
Sofia888
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon, 26 May 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby Sofia888 » Wed, 28 May 2008 5:20 pm

so when would be the next interview of SQ this may?

Can anybody tell me if they are hiring foreigners? who speaks Spanish-English-Tagalog?

What is it all about the kebaya round?

thanks hope someone would reply and give much infos.

smurfieee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed, 26 Mar 2008
Contact:

Re: hey

Postby smurfieee » Wed, 28 May 2008 6:46 pm

dreamzz19 wrote:hey understand u sign ur bond with sia. can i chk w u how long is it and how much is it? understand tt bond amt is pro-rated but heard tt if break during training or probation.. one have to pay a full amt instead of pro-rated... so can i chk w u wad's d case like?

thx a lot=)


eh...amount is SGD$13,200..18mth...seriously...didnt really read about the details...cause i didnt plan to break...dont worry...they will send you the .pdf file when your time comes.. ;)
::s.m.u.r.f.i.e.e.e::

BakuTeh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed, 28 May 2008

Postby BakuTeh » Wed, 28 May 2008 7:11 pm

so when would be the next interview ? check on their website~

Can anybody tell me if they are hiring foreigners? who speaks Spanish-English-Tagalog? Filipino? Are you a PR?

What is it all about the kebaya round?

thanks hope someone would reply and give much infos.

Here you go, 1146 pages of info.
Last edited by BakuTeh on Wed, 28 May 2008 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BakuTeh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed, 28 May 2008

Postby BakuTeh » Wed, 28 May 2008 7:55 pm

Any male from this forum got through the interview on 25th MAY ?

worrywart
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue, 27 May 2008

Postby worrywart » Wed, 28 May 2008 10:05 pm

Hi, anyone who got in for this past 25th May Sunday interview and has already gone for their 'pre-employment briefing'? can i ask what did they do during their briefing?

another question for current SQ people here..how soon after the medical will they call you? i put down my notice as 1-2 weeks.

when will they ask you to sign the contract and the bond? roughly how long will the entire process take?

hopefully nothing screws up... really worried..

worrywart
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue, 27 May 2008

Postby worrywart » Wed, 28 May 2008 10:15 pm

Sofia888 wrote:What is it all about the kebaya round?

thanks hope someone would reply and give much infos.


btw sofia, kebaya round is the 2nd round, whereby you will have to change into a kebaya, do a catwalk, then stand in front of a spotlight where a beautician will scrutinise your skin that is not covered by the kebaya.

when you change and everything, always conduct yourself well, and don't chit-chat loudly with your friends as there are people observing you. also the kebaya are not labelled, so you must estimate your size when you take it to go and change. after you change, you put on the sandals and queue up for the 'catwalk'. basically they want to see if you can walk well, back straight everything.

after the catwalk you have to stand in front of a 2 very bright spotlights, where you cant even blink or see properly. you will have to turn your face right and left, turn around, and raise your arms, turn them around as often as they tell you to do so that they can check your skin. be polite and smile all the time and answer their questions.

BakuTeh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed, 28 May 2008

Postby BakuTeh » Wed, 28 May 2008 10:18 pm

Worrywart, you got in already??? Your briefing is on coming friday??


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests