Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Guest

Postby Guest » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:18 pm

Anonymous wrote:
plainyjaney wrote:
purpur wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Hey gals out there anyone have been invite the interview on the 2-July at abt 12.30pm slot, do leave a note here , may be we can meet up :)
and could the selected FA posted your way of success to enlighten us going for the interview......

Thanx a million.......


the first interview is a group interview were u will be doing a self intro and discussing a topic.. it varies from grp to grp.. so u dont have to really prepare for that..in my case, it was rather impromptu...also i didnt have to wait long for the interview..
if u make it through the first interview, u'll then go for second interview.. this is a one-to-one interview..if u pass this, u'll be asked to go down for the kebaya check and stuff..
the process is quite short..it took me about 1-1.5 hrs for both interviews..

Hope im of some help.. Gd luck gals!!


Are u a crew purpur?


im starting my training next mth.

To Amos, im not too sure about the kind of qns asked as like i said, it varies from group to group..


Hi, may i know how long is the laspe of time from the day you are confirmed/sign the contract to the day u start your training? And also front the first interview to the last interview, does it tak a whole one month? Sorry for so many qns... And thx fer replying!

purpur

Postby purpur » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:24 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
plainyjaney wrote:
purpur wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Hey gals out there anyone have been invite the interview on the 2-July at abt 12.30pm slot, do leave a note here , may be we can meet up :)
and could the selected FA posted your way of success to enlighten us going for the interview......

Thanx a million.......


the first interview is a group interview were u will be doing a self intro and discussing a topic.. it varies from grp to grp.. so u dont have to really prepare for that..in my case, it was rather impromptu...also i didnt have to wait long for the interview..
if u make it through the first interview, u'll then go for second interview.. this is a one-to-one interview..if u pass this, u'll be asked to go down for the kebaya check and stuff..
the process is quite short..it took me about 1-1.5 hrs for both interviews..

Hope im of some help.. Gd luck gals!!


Are u a crew purpur?


im starting my training next mth.

To Amos, im not too sure about the kind of qns asked as like i said, it varies from group to group..


Hi, may i know how long is the laspe of time from the day you are confirmed/sign the contract to the day u start your training? And also front the first interview to the last interview, does it tak a whole one month? Sorry for so many qns... And thx fer replying!


it took my group about a mth from the first interview to the last mgmt interview..
it may vary for others..

Guest

Postby Guest » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:31 pm

Thx purpur.. then do you start training immediately? :)

purpur

Postby purpur » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:52 pm

Anonymous wrote:Thx purpur.. then do you start training immediately? :)


nope, u have to wait for the next available cls and also when r u able to start.

Guest

Postby Guest » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:01 pm

Wow! thx purpur.. ... dis info is veri useful to mi! thx.. :)

purpur

Postby purpur » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:14 pm

no prob. can understand how r u feeling cuz i have been through it. Hope i could have been of some help to u.
gd luck!

Catmeat
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue, 10 May 2005
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Catmeat » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:34 pm

shopaholic wrote:crabmeat, I seem to have seen your posts earlier. Are you shortlisted for the 2nd time? As in, have you ever been shortlisted and went for the interviews before?


hihi
i was invited for emirates and silkair for 2nd interview, there after no replies for em. as for SIA, this is my first time i got thru the 1st interview. im not hoping much, i believe its all abt heng and suay.

Guest

Postby Guest » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:35 pm

Thx purpur!

Actuallie i have not apply but getting myself ready and more prepared for the next recruitment... another reason is that i will not graduate till year end nov... so now that i know training will not start immediately, seems like a good news to me! :)

Purpur, can i kayboh a bit? Are u ard the age of 24 and what is your education level and height? frankly, how do you judge yourself huh? Pretty, ave or? plump? Be honest, i am sure if u are pretty, many pple will have complimented you on that before!!

Pardon for my many qns again.. Reallie reallie curious! =p

jaymee

Postby jaymee » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:41 pm

hi M,

u mentioned that Emirates is hiring? may i ask when and what time? i have always wanted to join Emirates... thanx!

Guest

Postby Guest » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:52 pm

Hi people, to those who was shortlisted, are you guys mostly locals(singaporeans)? is the interview gonna be held in singapore? I still haven't got a reply from SIA yet and still waiting....sent another application in and I'm not living in Singapore but Malaysia. Do you think that's the reason I haven't received anything? Coz this time, the interviews are being conducted in Singapore? I stated in the application form I prefer KL for the interview. Thanks :)

User avatar
PhantomX
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue, 09 Sep 2003

Postby PhantomX » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:56 pm

these sq listings are endless :!:
X

Guest

Postby Guest » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:58 pm

PhantomX wrote:these sq listings are endless :!:


yup, i totally agreed!!! more than 100 pages of the same old questions over and over and over and over again.......

think it will go on and on and on and on and on......unless the day sq stop recruiting cabin crew!

M

Postby M » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 12:05 am

jaymee wrote:hi M,

u mentioned that Emirates is hiring? may i ask when and what time? i have always wanted to join Emirates... thanx!


Hey jaymee,

My good friend's friend is da local recruiter. Not too sure about the procedures but I was told to forward her my CV n photos. Heard that they are building a base in SG next year but they have been saying that for some time isn't it? :)

M

Postby M » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 12:14 am

tinkerbelle wrote:
M wrote:
tinkerbelle wrote:M,

yeap, tts the attitude.. rem to SMILE SMILE SMILE SMILE SMILE..

Are u close to the frn-who-knows-someone from SIA??


Belle, nope not that close! :lol: Seeking for backdoor? :twisted:


Nah smarty-pants, im wondering y u didnt resort to tt.. spare urself the agonizing wait n all. :)


Cutey,

Not possible as I wouldn't resort to that? :twisted: What about you? Lost track who's going what? :shock:

shopaholic

Postby shopaholic » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 12:51 am

Catmeat wrote:
shopaholic wrote:crabmeat, I seem to have seen your posts earlier. Are you shortlisted for the 2nd time? As in, have you ever been shortlisted and went for the interviews before?


hihi
i was invited for emirates and silkair for 2nd interview, there after no replies for em. as for SIA, this is my first time i got thru the 1st interview. im not hoping much, i believe its all abt heng and suay.


ouch.. sorry to hear that. Do you at least have any idea why these 2 companies didn't invite you back for the 3rd interview? Don't lose hope yet babe, who knows, you might be THE one SIA's looking for =) How old are you though, if you don't mind me asking.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests