Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
friendly rynn

Postby friendly rynn » Sun, 25 May 2008 6:32 pm

nope....been waiting fer the other post, me dint go todae:(
Peace out..:)

greenie_shrooms

Postby greenie_shrooms » Sun, 25 May 2008 7:55 pm

Hello greenie_shrooms, how bout you, starting soon? Is your friend in the last yr or also 2nd yr?[/quote]

nope.. my friend is from sim uni.. i'm not sure which yr she's in.. hehe.. for myself i'm still waiting for my medical.. haiz..

poohie

Postby poohie » Sun, 25 May 2008 11:55 pm

higgledy wrote:Poohie,

I think if you are genuinely interested in the job, you would go through the threads and read. Not everyone is lucky on 1st attempt as what xanngac mentioned. If you are easily defeated cos you think you are not selected twice, then maybe you should sit down & reflect if you are suitable for this job. You are bound to face challenges in life & especially when flying. If you put down yourself then why bother to try the 2nd time previously? Since you know where you have gone wrong for the last 2 tries, then try to improve.

I have been booted out many times in the first round & finally managed to go management round last recruitment. ALthough I failed & after crying, life still goes on. Nonetheless, I am still hopeful & am going for it. Despite my sis & other friends who tell me that I have the "Never Say Die Spirit" or been teased before, I am not going to give up. Unless I know I have really given all my very best till the end but yet still fail.

Regarding your skin condition, I believe that you can do something to improve it. Do your skin regime & mask regularly or have facials done if possible. It is good since you mentioned that you are intending to get your teeth fixed. But I think if it is not that obvious when you speak then should not pose a problem. As for the fear of speaking in public, I bet you are not the only one. I, too faced the same problem & will stammer & utter nonsense at the interview. I even trembled initially... But you still have to really try to beef up in your speech & look confidently at all times. Think about it carefully, if this is really where & what you want to be. Good luck! :)

Hi,

I have been reading this forum since the 1st interview i went and seen quite alot of people posting that they failed n still went ahead to try. Its the spirit that they have which i truly admired.

Dnt deny that i m putting myself down and lacking of confidence in myself. As for my face, i have been going to facial on a monthly basis and have bot some prdt to improve my skin condition bt sumtimes they just dnt co-operate with me, there was once i skip an interview due to my complexion. Trying to minimise the chances of getting boot out.

Thanks for your advise and encourage i will try again maybe next mth ? :)

poohie

Postby poohie » Sun, 25 May 2008 11:56 pm

any update on the interview today ?

dreamzz19
Regular
Regular

Postby dreamzz19 » Mon, 26 May 2008 1:17 am

i got booted out in rd 2. expected it... as while i was waiting for skin chk.. i realised they are so much stricter this time rd... this is my sec try. my last try was last yr and to be exact more den one yr ago... (tt time rd i acc my fren ...went for fun...but in d end i ended up gg into rd 3 n booted out there... n at tt time there were like 7 rds?)

anw... i din bother to conceal.. coz i tot it will be like last yr not so strict... and hahaha.. i have pimple marks due to recent pimples outbrk so saw it coming...

congrats to those who went thru=)

Sheer_Weii

Postby Sheer_Weii » Mon, 26 May 2008 10:23 am

Hi all! Im new here, nice to meet you all :)

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Postby salvana » Mon, 26 May 2008 10:28 am

heh? not many ppl went last sunday's interview? :o
Dreams Do Come True

Velvetrose23

Postby Velvetrose23 » Mon, 26 May 2008 11:05 am

i went for the interview yesterday at sheraton towers and got booted out at the one to one interview. i was so disappointed. :( i dont know what went wrong seriously.

Vyn

Postby Vyn » Mon, 26 May 2008 12:56 pm

not much news on yest's interview huh.
I missed the interview again. zz.
I.Will.Soar

viper
Regular
Regular

Postby viper » Mon, 26 May 2008 1:04 pm

didn't went down for yesterday interview heard not much people there?
Will try the next one on June.

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Postby salvana » Mon, 26 May 2008 1:42 pm

hm... i shall assume..... not much ppl from the forum went then.... :)

for those who missed the interview... dun worry... there shld b anotha 1 coming up soon in June... :)

Velvetrose23 dun b discouraged,k? if this is wat u really want... try to review what u said during the 1-to-1 interview... and i believe somehow u'll b able to find out where and what went wrong... u shld know better than any1 else here...coz u were in the room and we're not.. :)

Good luck and try again,k? :)
Dreams Do Come True

Yoshiaki

25th May Interview at Sheraton

Postby Yoshiaki » Mon, 26 May 2008 2:04 pm

Hi all,

I was at the interview @ Sheraton and just wanted to share the experience with aspiring cc wannabe and at the same time hopefully get some advice from seniors.

Reached Sheraton at 2pm cos wanted to avoid the morning crowd.
Was then ushered to submit application form and at the same time take height measurement. Upon completing this station, I was requested to join the rest of the hopefuls to wait to be assigned a grp.

Along strolled more guys (yes I am a steward wannabe) and finally there was enuff pple to be assigned to a grp of 10. We were then lead to the Pearl Room for our first round of interview. Was very nervous initally but was lucky that I was the last of my detail and managed to get some time to think about how I should go about self introduction.

After the nerve wrecking round, the result came out about 5 mins after (we were told to wait outside the room near the verification counter) and out of the 10, 4 made it to the next round.

We had to verify our educational certs etc before moving to the next round.

Round 2 was kinda fun. As some of you would have already found out, itss the cat walk albeit facial check for the gentlemen, by then the 4 guys from my grp was joined by another 3 gentlement from another grp, thus making total headcount 7. So happens that my Sec skool fren got in from the other grp (talk about coincidence!)

We were told to walk in a str8 line towards the invigilator and stop about a metre from her. Stretched out our hands to check for visible scars and tattoos and some simple Q & A.

Again the dreaded wait. Came the news, out of the 7, only 4 managed to make it to the next round. (My mate and I were still in contention)

Came Round 3. The HR interview, the interviewer was asking details about myself and family and some details about SQ. We were also given a passage to narrate (pretty much like wat we had to go thru back in skool days :)).

Drum roll~~~~ Tada!! Out of the 4, 2 were left (my matey and I) at that point we were both almost delirious from catching up about old times and how wierd it was that we were the only ones left (wondering if its some divine intervention).

The final round was conducted at a different level, thus was led by the crew to our "final resting place". There were only about a handful of pple in the room when we went over. Before the final interview, we were told to fill in some forms pertaining to medical checkup and I thought that it was the end but I was sorely wrong :???: Next came another round of personal interview similar to the 3rd round, just that this time round it was much more detailed.

Well the curtains closed on me at this round and my hopeful endearvor ended with an invitation to try again 2 months later if SIA was to conduct another round of interview. Kinda sad that I did not make it thru, but glad that the lady (name shall not be mentioned) who was waiting in the room with me whilst my buddy went for his interview did.

That concludes my Sun experience at Sheraton.

Now jus like to ask some qns to seniors:

1) Is it a must to have some experience with customer service to be considered?

2) Is age an important consideration? I am 27 btw.

3) Is it not possible to have a total career switch from other industries? (I spent a substantial part of my career in sales and marketing)

4) If you are the invigilator that recognise me from the above can you enlighten me as to where about I should improve on cos I am really keen to join SIA despite the parts mentioned during interview

Last but not least, any advice seniors can offer will be appreciated!

Cheerios!

Yoshiaki

galz

Postby galz » Mon, 26 May 2008 2:17 pm

hiz, enyone here frm group 36 who went in to the second round yesterday?
can pm mi? ppl like zen, shamila....

galz

Postby galz » Mon, 26 May 2008 2:20 pm

Yoshiaki.... u mean management is also on that day?

Yoshiaki

25th May Sheraton

Postby Yoshiaki » Mon, 26 May 2008 2:23 pm

Yes Galz, we had 4 rounds on the same day, not too sure if it was the same for the rest, but I guess so cos I do see quite a few names on the list I was writing on before the 4th round. Did you go for the interview as well?