Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
dreamzz19
Regular
Regular

Postby dreamzz19 » Fri, 23 May 2008 11:25 pm

hi..so the bond is inclusive of the training.. i understand that the bond is pro-rated... but if... if one really break bond during training or probation..is it true that one have to pay for the full sum or isit pro-rated too?? i read somewhere is tt one hav to pay full sum... if brk during probation or training. is tt true??

n i jus realised... u mean degree student get a higher basic pay?? i din noe tt... even for overseas degree???

thxxxxx

galz

Postby galz » Sat, 24 May 2008 3:02 am

hi hafiz_, did u inform the interviewer that u are actually taking i degree now? i am also studying in sim uol, 2nd yr...going 3rd year... the last time i went, during my 1-1 interview, the interviewer encourage me to study 1st before i start working, and i got booted out... wanting to try again this sun... wondering should i inform them?

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Postby hafiz_ » Sat, 24 May 2008 2:06 pm

wah. so many from sim-uol. 5 and counting liao. haha. but anyway, they never really asked about my studies though they did ask what's my major. then i told them i dont see myself doing accounting etc etc. i wouldn't know if you failed cuz you told her you're still studying or not. but there are 2 other year 2's from SIM here and we made it. if this is something you really wanna do and something you've given alot of thinking do, just give it a shot tomorrow! :)

friendly rynn

sia interview 25th may

Postby friendly rynn » Sat, 24 May 2008 5:06 pm

Hello...me going for the interview 2morow...but sumhow felt nervous...anybody going? wana go together....
Peace out..:)

SummerZee

Postby SummerZee » Sat, 24 May 2008 6:01 pm

Hello everyone,

I got a lot of help from reading people's postings in this forum before the interview, so now i would like to do my part and post a thread to help as well. Below are some of my opinions.

Round 1: Self introduction.
They will group us into groups of 10. The first round is mainly to do a self introduction about yourself. I was the first speaker on that day and remember to stand up when you speak. I talked about myself, my age, qualifications, previous temp jobs, family and the things that i do during my free time. After all 10 girls were done with the introduction, we were asked to wait outside for the result. For my group, only 4 girls managed to get into the next round.

Round 2: Kerbaya fitting.
I was the first to go again. They will take the height and weight again. They have kerbaya of different sizing on the hanger, so girls have to search for the correct size. I was asked to walk a distance front, then back and front again. After which, they will ask some questions regarding what you are currently doing again. From the 4 girls in the group, 2 went on to the last round.

Round 3: Skin check.
In this round, they are mainly looking out for your skin condition. Do not try to conceal pimples or acne. You can't hide as they will examine your skin under two high voltage light. Its so glaring that i can't see the interviewers properly. Next, they asked me to stretch out my both arms for them to check if there is any visible scar. Both front and back.

Round 4: 1-to-1 interview.
There will be different interviewers in the room, so it depends on which interviewer you got. It was a friendly interview, but it can be rather fearful. The interviewer was a guy and he asked me numerous situational questions. However, through the questions posted to me, i think they just want to see how responsive you are to the different situations that are likely to happen on the plane and how you are going to handle the ever changing situations. Are you a team player? I was told to read a passage in English. The interviewer needs to know the standard of your spoken English and i think it is essential and important.

Round 5: Management round.
It was a 2-to-1 interview, a heart-to-heart chat about yourself. The interviewers asked me questions about my previous job employment, my faculty of studies, the languages that i speak, my views of the airline. After the interview, the interviewers will give some feedback. For example, they asked this girl to stop using Singlish in her conversation and asked this guy to brush up on his command of English before he comes for the next interview. From the 2 girls who got through from previous rounds, only 1 got through.

Conclusion....
Try to be there early, especially for girls. My experience is that i reached there at 10am and the queue for the girls was way too long. I waited for 4 hours before it was my turn. They will ask to see your application form when you are queuing, reason being to see your height and your education qualification. If you put 1.58m, they will still take your height again later and they take 2cm off the measured height. For me, my height is 1.61m but they took it at 1.59m. It is important to be quipped with the minimum educational qualification as there is no way to hide. If you managed to get through the self introduction round, they will ask for the required documents as they will screen through your certificates. Do not need to paint your nails red, bun your hair nor put on red lipstick. This will not show that you are fully quipped for the job. Just wear formal and look presentable. Remember to smile, keep smiling, even when you are in the kerbaya fitting round and doing your walk. Answer the interviewers with your most honest answers, they will know if you are lying because it just ain't natural.

After all 5 rounds of interviews, you will be asked to go down to the clinic for a medical checkup. Over there, they will take your height and weight again, check your eyesight (if you are wearing contact lens, it's fine.), colour blindness check, urine test and x-ray check.

I hope that what i have contributed is detailed enough to help. Thank you for reading.

To all going tomorrow, SMILE!

friendly rynn

sia cabin crew

Postby friendly rynn » Sat, 24 May 2008 6:17 pm

hmmm seem so chim...guess sia was a though ones. Hmmm im 1.58 minus the 2 cm wah will 1.56. skin also n issue....btw summer zee, was the selected applicant all have nice n smooth complexion?

SummerZee

Re: sia cabin crew

Postby SummerZee » Sat, 24 May 2008 6:18 pm

friendly rynn wrote:hmmm seem so chim...guess sia was a though ones. Hmmm im 1.58 minus the 2 cm wah will 1.56. skin also n issue....btw summer zee, was the selected applicant all have nice n smooth complexion?

Do you mean the one who got through till the end in my group?

thesean76

Postby thesean76 » Sat, 24 May 2008 6:19 pm

good luck to everyone who is going tomorrow! hope to see you guys in STC one day!

friendly rynn

sia cabin crew

Postby friendly rynn » Sat, 24 May 2008 6:20 pm

yes, at the end of your group, n also base on wat u had seen during the process of the whole interview.

SummerZee

Re: sia cabin crew

Postby SummerZee » Sat, 24 May 2008 6:23 pm

friendly rynn wrote:yes, at the end of your group, n also base on wat u had seen during the process of the whole interview.

My group, that girl, she does not have pimples nor anything. She did not put foundation or anything. Just blusher.

I saw a girl, she put thick foundation, can see, to conceal her pimples.

friendly rynn

sia cabin crew

Postby friendly rynn » Sat, 24 May 2008 6:25 pm

hmm...orite, thank you for the info, guess i just go ba...will c how..kinda scary...hahah btw thankz ya

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Sokeai » Sat, 24 May 2008 8:05 pm

Hello SummerZee, Hafiz mentioned that you're from SIM-UOL too? Woah, looks like we have a handful of SIM-UOL peeps :D
Btw, when are you starting your training?

Anyone starting starting 4th June? */me looking for batchmates*
Hello there!

greenie_shrooms

Postby greenie_shrooms » Sat, 24 May 2008 9:50 pm

Sokeai wrote:Hello SummerZee, Hafiz mentioned that you're from SIM-UOL too? Woah, looks like we have a handful of SIM-UOL peeps :D
Btw, when are you starting your training?

Anyone starting starting 4th June? */me looking for batchmates*

hi sokeai.. i'm from sim-uol as well.. heheh.. anw, i got a friend who is starting on the 4th of june also.. but i dont think she is in this forum.. :D

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Sokeai » Sun, 25 May 2008 1:32 pm

greenie_shrooms wrote:

hi sokeai.. i'm from sim-uol as well.. heheh.. anw, i got a friend who is starting on the 4th of june also.. but i dont think she is in this forum.. :D

Hello greenie_shrooms, how bout you, starting soon? Is your friend in the last yr or also 2nd yr?
Hello there!

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Postby hafiz_ » Sun, 25 May 2008 6:22 pm

any good news today? :)