Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
scylus
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2008

Postby scylus » Wed, 14 May 2008 2:27 pm

hafiz_ wrote:mya, thanks.

scylus, i'd think they call those immediate ones first. but i've got 2 other friends who did their medical with me on the 30th of april and they've yet to receive any call when they're available immediately also. we're all so kancheong already. sigh. :?


Yes Hafiz.. Precisely. it's nerve-wrecking~ Have you gotten your call yet?

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu, 20 Dec 2007

Postby hafiz_ » Wed, 14 May 2008 2:28 pm

nooo. not yet. sigh. it's been 2 weeks already. kancheong spider man.

smurfieee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed, 26 Mar 2008
Contact:

Postby smurfieee » Wed, 14 May 2008 2:30 pm

hahaa..dont worry hafiz...its a norm...now you kancheong about the phonecall...after the phonecall you will kancheong when is the mail coming.. take it easy dude...have faith in yourself... 8-)
::s.m.u.r.f.i.e.e.e::

scylus
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2008

Postby scylus » Wed, 14 May 2008 2:32 pm

smurfieee wrote:hahaa..dont worry hafiz...its a norm...now you kancheong about the phonecall...after the phonecall you will kancheong when is the mail coming.. take it easy dude...have faith in yourself... 8-)


Hi Smurfieee... you started on your training already? You mentioned about the mail? May i know what it is regarding?

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu, 20 Dec 2007

Postby hafiz_ » Wed, 14 May 2008 2:33 pm

yeah i guess. i can't help but worry lah. it's only natural to worry when you see people whose medical was after yours getting their calls first mah. haha. ah well. :?

smurfieee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed, 26 Mar 2008
Contact:

Postby smurfieee » Wed, 14 May 2008 2:41 pm

hafiz : hahaa...ya...cant agree more... but what else can we do...just hold your phone close to ya...you really dont wish to miss that call from mary...trust me..that feeling really......whahhaa...

scylus : havent....i'm scheduled to start 30th this month...after the phonecall...there will be a mail...regarding the contract details and the allowance rate they will be paying you...etc...you need to sign and send it back...they only give you 1 day to think! its like you recieve today and have to send it out by tomorrow in order to meet the deadline!
::s.m.u.r.f.i.e.e.e::

scylus
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2008

Postby scylus » Wed, 14 May 2008 3:50 pm

smurfieee wrote:hafiz : hahaa...ya...cant agree more... but what else can we do...just hold your phone close to ya...you really dont wish to miss that call from mary...trust me..that feeling really......whahhaa...

scylus : havent....i'm scheduled to start 30th this month...after the phonecall...there will be a mail...regarding the contract details and the allowance rate they will be paying you...etc...you need to sign and send it back...they only give you 1 day to think! its like you recieve today and have to send it out by tomorrow in order to meet the deadline!


Congrats smurfieee.. So fortunate to start on the 30th.. Envy you..

Hafiz: let's wait for the call together~

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu, 20 Dec 2007

Postby hafiz_ » Wed, 14 May 2008 4:04 pm

scylus, any calls yet? my friend for her medical on fri and she just got her call. stress.

scylus
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2008

Postby scylus » Wed, 14 May 2008 4:10 pm

hafiz_ wrote:scylus, any calls yet? my friend for her medical on fri and she just got her call. stress.


No... SOb... what's your friend's name? Can pm me?

smurfieee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed, 26 Mar 2008
Contact:

Postby smurfieee » Wed, 14 May 2008 4:12 pm

scylus : whahaa...there is nothing to envy about!! i cleared my interview on mar intake leh...to think i waited for so long..so...anyway...i'm sure we will see each other in STC soon... maybe we can do flight together next time... 8-)
::s.m.u.r.f.i.e.e.e::

scylus
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2008

Postby scylus » Wed, 14 May 2008 4:14 pm

smurfieee wrote:scylus : whahaa...there is nothing to envy about!! i cleared my interview on mar intake leh...to think i waited for so long..so...anyway...i'm sure we will see each other in STC soon... maybe we can do flight together next time... 8-)


I really hope so~ that is if Mary will call me and bring me the good news.. :?

User avatar
mya
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu, 24 Apr 2008
Location: malaysia

Postby mya » Wed, 14 May 2008 5:14 pm

c... even smurfiee waited for 2 mnths...

User avatar
Vyn
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2008

Postby Vyn » Wed, 14 May 2008 6:15 pm

scylus wrote:
Vyn wrote:Goood luck to all those who are still waiting 4 d medical report! =D


are you waiting for your medical report too? Has anyone (the people who went for the interview at STC last week) gotten their calls from SIA?


Nope scylus, I'm waiting 4 the upcoming interview rather haha.
Just wana wish some lucks to u guys havin see u all so panicky. =D

jiakel
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri, 29 Feb 2008

Postby jiakel » Wed, 14 May 2008 9:53 pm

Tres Bien Merci wrote:Hi Higgledy, I am new in this forum and may I know whether they will check you hand and leg during the skin check?
Thanks!!Thanks!! :D

I heard from my friend, SIA will chose white and porcelain skin. Something likes snow white. On top of that they will select those gals around 19 to 22 years old.
Older than that it would be better not to try for the interview since it is just wasting your time. :(


hi! its untrue that SIA only choose people who has fair skin 'cos no one would ever call me a fair gal! in fact i think darker skin gals might even look better in the kebaya 'cos it's originally a malay traditional costume! =) and i'm already 23 this year and those friends that got through together with me are all older or the same age as i am. so yup, just go for it if you think you have what it takes (as cliche as it sounds :D )!

PeterPan07
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu, 01 May 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby PeterPan07 » Wed, 14 May 2008 10:18 pm

basically, when mary call, she will inform you of your start date issit?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests