Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
shaky
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu, 24 Nov 2005
Location: singapore

Postby shaky » Fri, 02 May 2008 11:19 am

the next official recruitment date is posted on sia website and yes its true on 25 May same ave as bef ! all cc wannabe take note!
the grass is greener on the other side.

cookiedoll
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri, 28 Mar 2008

Postby cookiedoll » Fri, 02 May 2008 11:46 am

procastinator wrote:can someone advise what is the interview like for the final round?
anybody going to the final round this 6 may?

btw, i seems like there are ppl without O level managed to get in.
has the rules been lighten?


is that true? how you know bout that? ive always wanted to try but im worry that im nt allow to by the time im there. hehe.

cookiedoll
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri, 28 Mar 2008

Postby cookiedoll » Fri, 02 May 2008 11:46 am

procastinator wrote:can someone advise what is the interview like for the final round?
anybody going to the final round this 6 may?

btw, i seems like there are ppl without O level managed to get in.
has the rules been lighten?


is that true? how you know bout that? ive always wanted to try but im worry that im nt allow to by the time im there. hehe.

procastinator
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 02 May 2008

Postby procastinator » Fri, 02 May 2008 11:49 am

last time i know they insisted on local dip .. but also seems like with pte dip they are accepting too.. so dun really know what is the standard ?

know of afew who are like that.. and recently someone with only pte dip .. got in final round le.

so meaning ??? anybody can advise.

cookiedoll
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri, 28 Mar 2008

Postby cookiedoll » Fri, 02 May 2008 11:56 am

procastinator wrote:last time i know they insisted on local dip .. but also seems like with pte dip they are accepting too.. so dun really know what is the standard ?

know of afew who are like that.. and recently someone with only pte dip .. got in final round le.

so meaning ??? anybody can advise.


yep. and even on the website, usually they will stated diploma only from local polytechnic. but now, i didnt see there anymore. just degree/diploma.

i dont have any local diploma but dip in makeup artistry. will dat consider? :)

higgledy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon, 24 Oct 2005

Postby higgledy » Fri, 02 May 2008 12:10 pm

hmm.......

it's true that they do not put in the word "local" anymore for its degree/diploma.

I went in the walk in recruitment on 27/04/08 & nw awaiting for management round on next Tue. I possess 3 O levels, a pte diploma in TESOL, but currently taking another pte diploma and will graduate in this October if everything runs smoothly.

If you genuinely feel that you want this job, my advice is to go ahead. If you go, there might still be chance, but if you never go, you definitely have no chance!! :)

cookiedoll
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri, 28 Mar 2008

Postby cookiedoll » Fri, 02 May 2008 12:59 pm

may i know how is the registration like for SIA? as in like, do we have to show our cert on the spot before we can go for the 1st round?

snowss
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Postby snowss » Fri, 02 May 2008 1:18 pm

cookiedoll wrote:may i know how is the registration like for SIA? as in like, do we have to show our cert on the spot before we can go for the 1st round?


Before the 1st round, we'll have to queue up to take height measurements...After taking the ht measurement, we'll be asked to go into the waiting hall, awaiting for our round 1 and get grouped in groups.

Once u have passed round 1...tats where they will check for ur qualifications/certs before u go on to round 2...
(=^_^=)

cookiedoll
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri, 28 Mar 2008

Postby cookiedoll » Fri, 02 May 2008 1:48 pm

snowss wrote:
cookiedoll wrote:may i know how is the registration like for SIA? as in like, do we have to show our cert on the spot before we can go for the 1st round?


Before the 1st round, we'll have to queue up to take height measurements...After taking the ht measurement, we'll be asked to go into the waiting hall, awaiting for our round 1 and get grouped in groups.

Once u have passed round 1...tats where they will check for ur qualifications/certs before u go on to round 2...


ouh ok. diff from silkair. hmm i dunno shud i try. i only have N and nitec cert and dip in make up.
but anyway, thanks for the info.

sterk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 02 May 2008

Postby sterk » Fri, 02 May 2008 6:12 pm

Hello everyone , sterk here !!

Heard rumours that SIA is giving out around 7 mths bonus this coming JULY ! So all crew , cross ur fingers and crew-to-be , u have joined a great company !

User avatar
Angiezz
Member
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2008

Postby Angiezz » Fri, 02 May 2008 6:21 pm

cythx wrote:Hi, do anyone know any way to remove the birthmark? I got 2 birthmark. 1 is on my forehead and the other one bigger spot is on my neck. I purposely cut my hair short just to cover the birthmark on my neck there for this SIA interview. Anyone please help me. Thanks


Cythx, laser treatment can be done. Although self-claimed beauticians can offer the removal at gd rates, unless recommended by a referral, it might be safer to contact national skin centre or a certified specialist to enquire abt the rough rates.

Laser removal of moles are swift and easy but birthmarks might be more complicated depending on the size, pigmentation and site. Unlike mole removals which may take just a single session & one complimentary touch-up, birthmarks can take up to afew sessions. If a mark still remains, the doc can recommend additional alternatives.

Why not give national skin centre a call just to ask what procedures are available, their rates and etc. You can then compare it to a private doc coz nsc can have a long waiting time just to fix an appointment with their docs.

procastinator wrote:can someone advise what is the interview like for the final round?
anybody going to the final round this 6 may?

btw, i seems like there are ppl without O level managed to get in.
has the rules been lighten?


Procastinator, pg 1114 might have alil more info on the final rd coz someone asked abt the management interview then too.

cookiedoll wrote:ouh ok. diff from silkair. hmm i dunno shud i try. i only have N and nitec cert and dip in make up.
but anyway, thanks for the info.


Cookiedoll, it might be a waste to go try out for the interview, get past the 1st rd and then get turned away before rd 2. If it's worth a try, you could bring your certs and ask if it can be accepted, before queuing for the 1st rd.
The staff might be busy but they're actually quite helpful and pleasant so they might refer you to someone who can clear your doubts.
That's certainly better than wasting 4hrs from the time you start queuing to the time the certs are screened, for naught.

If you feel disheartened and that making a wasted trip isn't the wisest thing, how about trying to email them at ( flightstewardess_recruit@singaporeair.com.sg or cabincrew_recruit@singaporeair.com.sg) just to ask if you meet their qualification criteria or not. No harm attaching a copy of your certs so they can answer you better. Hopefuls email their applications there and they are handled by experienced personnels whom I'm sure would be able to clarify your doubts more accurately than us.

No need to go through any unnecessary worry, mental preparation and efforts for nothing just to learn that it's a wasted trip.
I feel that emailing them to have your answers might be the next best alternative, unless there's anyone you know who can tell you for certain.

Hope the certs aren't a prob coz if so, you can simply prep for the next interview without worrying... :)

cookiedoll
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri, 28 Mar 2008

Postby cookiedoll » Fri, 02 May 2008 7:11 pm

hey angiezz, thanks alot for the advice. yea it will be much safer if i cld email them rather then wasting my trip. :) so ur starting ur trg soon i guess. great! u look gorgeous btw. :D

There is no need to quote so much, please use the relevant piece of information and help save space in the database, the forum currently has more than 45000 users.

Moderator.

cythx
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun, 16 Mar 2008

Postby cythx » Fri, 02 May 2008 9:16 pm

Angiezz wrote:
cythx wrote:Hi, do anyone know any way to remove the birthmark? I got 2 birthmark. 1 is on my forehead and the other one bigger spot is on my neck. I purposely cut my hair short just to cover the birthmark on my neck there for this SIA interview. Anyone please help me. Thanks


Cythx, laser treatment can be done. Although self-claimed beauticians can offer the removal at gd rates, unless recommended by a referral, it might be safer to contact national skin centre or a certified specialist to enquire abt the rough rates.

Laser removal of moles are swift and easy but birthmarks might be more complicated depending on the size, pigmentation and site. Unlike mole removals which may take just a single session & one complimentary touch-up, birthmarks can take up to afew sessions. If a mark still remains, the doc can recommend additional alternatives.

Why not give national skin centre a call just to ask what procedures are available, their rates and etc. You can then compare it to a private doc coz nsc can have a long waiting time just to fix an appointment with their docs.


I'm from Malaysia. I go and ask a few of the beauticiant centre and they said birthmark can't be remove. It only can temporary gone but after a few months it will come out again. I survey a few places and all of them give me the same comment. They somemore said no need to waste this money to do.

User avatar
Angiezz
Member
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2008

Postby Angiezz » Fri, 02 May 2008 9:48 pm

Cythx, what's the diameter of the mark and is it light enough to be concealed?
Apart from beauticians, did you happen to also try skin doctors?

I understand that we're allowed to keep fringes above the eyebrow.
What would you think of lasering the birthmark, going for interview and keeping a hairstyle which has a neat short fringe above your brow to hide the mark if it ever regrows?

It's hard to believe that birthmarks can never be removed. I understand that several sessions might be required but do you think a doctor might be able to treat it better than just beauticians?
Some beauticians use electrocauter while doctors might use CO2 laser so there is a difference.

A friend who visited a beautician for mole removal also had to go for the 2nd touch up because true as it was, it may regrow and require additional sessions to nip the problem from the root.

Perhaps the birthmark is similar, just that more sessions are required.
I'm not in the position to say further tho, but do try calling up or visiting some skin doctors to have it properly assessed before you deem it impossible. :)

I just wonder if you could try lasering it till it's 1st cleared, then go for the interviews. If you do pass, you can always conceal and keep a fringe. The regrowth would usually be smaller. If need be, you could try some more sessions and who knows, have it eventually removed by a gd doc.

I just hope I'm not giving you any false hopes. Do fill me in on wat a proper skin doctor advises you tho. & gd luck really... :)

Cookiedoll, yeah I just signed the papers earlier today. They gave me a cd-rom of several topics. I'm supposed to study it and prepare for a quiz on the 2nd day of training, which is next tues. If you don't get 80%, you fail, that's what was written on the note that came along with it. :?
That's sure a warm welcome to the job and a wonderful thing to have on your mind over the wkend... :lol:

User avatar
llentimes
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat, 26 Jan 2008
Location: dreamer

Postby llentimes » Fri, 02 May 2008 11:03 pm

25th may @ Sheraton

1) llentimes
2) snowss
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests