Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Angiezz

Post by Angiezz » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:10 am

peekpeckpoke wrote:Hi llentimes & rainschoolate :)
I was standing very straight the other time. The first time the lady asked me to stand straight and look front.
Then she told me don't lean against the measuring 'pole', and finally she told me I'm not qualified.. :cry:
Alamak what can I do now to meet the height requirement. :?
Apart from just standing very straight, how abt trying to tip-toe just alil bit for that 0.5cm. That sounds alil far-fetched but without leaninng against anything, just try lifting your heel is off the ground 0.5m and hope that helps you pass... :)

If you're wearing pants, the only thing others will notice is you standing up straight so no worries abt that at all, trust me.

But I really hope it can make up for that 0.5cm tho, it's such a waste. Still, try your best and perhaps practice that before the mirror.
I hope you make it through...lol

Cost19

Post by Cost19 » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:12 am

hi,anyone join the Mr Luke talk before? How was it? plz share.thanks

peekpeckpoke

Post by peekpeckpoke » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:18 am

Angiezz wrote:
peekpeckpoke wrote:Hi llentimes & rainschoolate :)
I was standing very straight the other time. The first time the lady asked me to stand straight and look front.
Then she told me don't lean against the measuring 'pole', and finally she told me I'm not qualified.. :cry:
Alamak what can I do now to meet the height requirement. :?
Apart from just standing very straight, how abt trying to tip-toe just alil bit for that 0.5cm. That sounds alil far-fetched but without leaninng against anything, just try lifting your heel is off the ground 0.5m and hope that helps you pass... :)

If you're wearing pants, the only thing others will notice is you standing up straight so no worries abt that at all, trust me.

But I really hope it can make up for that 0.5cm tho, it's such a waste. Still, try your best and perhaps practice that before the mirror.
I hope you make it through...lol
Thanks Angiezz!
Hmm I should start practicing tip-toe'ing now.. haha
And hope they'll not find out and boot me out again.. hehe
Thank you :D

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Post by llentimes » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:19 am

Cost19 wrote:hi,anyone join the Mr Luke talk before? How was it? plz share.thanks
Me! :shock: I think there is other forumers that attended his talks as well. All I can say its motivating and you will get a better idea how the interview is like and how it goes. I went for personal coaching ($300). Its 1-1 and Mr Tan really pin-point on where ur weakness are and how you can improve. :lol:
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 1:04 am

peekpeckpoke wrote: Thanks Angiezz!
Hmm I should start practicing tip-toe'ing now.. haha
And hope they'll not find out and boot me out again.. hehe
Thank you :D
regarding height, sometimes they do look out for whether if you tiptoe and they will tell u not to. so.. just be very careful... i find them unnecessarily inflexible about height, since the issue over height requirement is so that the crew can reach for the overhead compartment. if you have long arms and are able to touch the required height, what's 0.5cm difference right? unless if height is seen as a factor of being attractive haha then well ok.

Angiezz

Post by Angiezz » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 1:25 am

witchie wrote:would like to know if there is any ban for those who failed the management round... thanks
3 mths ban last I heard, so if the ban started in apr one should probably be able to join the jul's round if i'm not wrong.

christineyuki

Post by christineyuki » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 5:47 am

llentimes wrote:
christineyuki wrote:has anyone tried out microneedle therapy for ance scars?

Do you know how its done?? I badly need to fix my acne scars

lynnie84, Im not sure if chemical peeling will totally lighten. You can go read up in this website for more informations.
Hope its helps...

http://www.cosmopolitanclinic.com/chemical.htm
microneedle therapy will be good for smoothening out acne scars, like those "pit holes" caused by acne. it's one of the latest technology developed and it's less invasive to the skin than chemical peels.
DRX and Skinlab are offering microneedle therapy treatments.
一緒に青い空へ~

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 9:11 am

akiheartfelt wrote:... find them unnecessarily inflexible about height, since the issue over height requirement is so that the crew can reach for the overhead compartment. if you have long arms and are able to touch the required height, what's 0.5cm difference right? unless if height is seen as a factor of being attractive haha then well ok.
You need to be at a certain height so that you can be seen by the passenger when you are doing the live safety demonstration :P Is this reason good enough to justify the height requirement?

seanys

Post by seanys » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:29 am

hi everyone..im a newbie here n need some help from SIA cabin crew..
i went for an interview on de 5th of dis month at JB Hyatt n got selected...went for my medical at SG on de 7th,but till now i still haven got any reply from them..am quite worried bout it now...anyone can help me out???will they contact me???should i call them or keep on waiting???

fivecam

Post by fivecam » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:39 am

anyone know when will be the next intake? thanks

summer_evening

Post by summer_evening » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:44 am

Not confirm yet but was told the next intake will be on 25th May.

Btw, the interview @ Hyatt JB on the 5th Apr was a walk-in or meant for the short-listed one??

shaky

Post by shaky » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:06 pm

summer_evening wrote:Not confirm yet but was told the next intake will be on 25th May.

Btw, the interview @ Hyatt JB on the 5th Apr was a walk-in or meant for the short-listed one??

wow realli on 25 May? if so which means they shd be announcing on their website very soon...
the grass is greener on the other side.

seanys

Post by seanys » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:23 pm

its a walk in interview..should i call them n find out whether im selected for de trainin o not???

Cost19

Post by Cost19 » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:27 pm

llentimes, can i add you on msn? PM me if you can..thanks

Angiezz

Post by Angiezz » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 1:45 pm

seanys wrote:hi everyone..im a newbie here n need some help from SIA cabin crew..
i went for an interview on de 5th of dis month at JB Hyatt n got selected...went for my medical at SG on de 7th,but till now i still haven got any reply from them..am quite worried bout it now...anyone can help me out???will they contact me???should i call them or keep on waiting???
I believe they will call you. A long wait isn't rare at all but if you'd rather, you could also try emailing/calling them as it could shorten the wait.