Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
renn
Regular
Regular
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed, 19 Mar 2008

Postby renn » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:43 pm

cant even pass 1st round, i have said the same thing as last time i went for interview but cant make it. last mth i still can go till kebaya round..
no luck this time........
Last edited by renn on Mon, 04 Aug 2008 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
llentimes
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat, 26 Jan 2008
Location: dreamer

Postby llentimes » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:47 pm

christineyuki wrote:what skin problems do you have?


My cheeks area got alot old acne scars from a very bad outbreak during last year. Im booking appt to do chemical peeling.
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

scylus
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2008

Postby scylus » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:16 pm

llentimes wrote:
christineyuki wrote:what skin problems do you have?


My cheeks area got alot old acne scars from a very bad outbreak during last year. Im booking appt to do chemical peeling.


isn't it very expensive to do so? How much does it cost?

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue, 18 Dec 2007

Postby rainschocolate » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:22 pm

scylus wrote:
llentimes wrote:
christineyuki wrote:what skin problems do you have?


My cheeks area got alot old acne scars from a very bad outbreak during last year. Im booking appt to do chemical peeling.


isn't it very expensive to do so? How much does it cost?



approx $120-$150 per session. usually needs 3-4 sessions to see more permanant or good results for not-too-good cases..


higgledy i'm so sorry! i wasn't referring to you.. hah ai was saying zetpeh. coz we sort of know each other since some time back. yupp i dun know u.. do i? hmm.. anyway! all the very best to you in your interview and hope to see u on board! =)
the world at your doorstep.

peekpeckpoke
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 28 Apr 2008

Postby peekpeckpoke » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:23 pm

Hi all :D
I did went for the interview at Sheraton yesterday.
Surprisingly, when they measured my height, I was told that I am only 157.5cm , trying my luck, I asked that lady whether I could be given the chance to go through the interview but was being declined. :cry:
*sigh* so much of preparation and confidence, not to mention the waiting time, and didn't even get to speak :cry:
Do you all think that I should try again?
TIA~

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue, 18 Dec 2007

Postby rainschocolate » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:25 pm

peekpeckpoke wrote:Hi all :D
I did went for the interview at Sheraton yesterday.
Surprisingly, when they measured my height, I was told that I am only 157.5cm , trying my luck, I asked that lady whether I could be given the chance to go through the interview but was being declined. :cry:
*sigh* so much of preparation and confidence, not to mention the waiting time, and didn't even get to speak :cry:
Do you all think that I should try again?
TIA~


yes yes u should. haha trust me. they took my height 157.5 b4 too haha
the world at your doorstep.

scylus
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2008

Postby scylus » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:27 pm

rainschocolate wrote:
scylus wrote:
llentimes wrote:
christineyuki wrote:what skin problems do you have?


My cheeks area got alot old acne scars from a very bad outbreak during last year. Im booking appt to do chemical peeling.


isn't it very expensive to do so? How much does it cost?



approx $120-$150 per session. usually needs 3-4 sessions to see more permanant or good results for not-too-good cases..


higgledy i'm so sorry! i wasn't referring to you.. hah ai was saying zetpeh. coz we sort of know each other since some time back. yupp i dun know u.. do i? hmm.. anyway! all the very best to you in your interview and hope to see u on board! =)


pardon me if i have nt been following this forum closely. Rainchocolate, are u a crew already?

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue, 18 Dec 2007

Postby rainschocolate » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:28 pm

hmm should be la. lol
the world at your doorstep.

User avatar
llentimes
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat, 26 Jan 2008
Location: dreamer

Postby llentimes » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:33 pm

Rainchocolate will be flying off sometime this week.

Yesyes peekpeckpoke , the height they take will be about2cm shorter. Mine is 164cm, but everytime is measured 162 with them.

rainschocolate
that time u did your chemical peel also a few time izzit??
Im supa upset cause I failed twice skin check @ Sheraton Hotel. The only time i pass skin check was at STC las yr december during the same interview as you.
Anyway, enjoy ur 1st flight okie.
Last edited by llentimes on Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

scylus
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2008

Postby scylus » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:34 pm

rainschocolate wrote:hmm should be la. lol


should be meaning u get thru all the rounds alr? can share some tips on what they will ask during the 1-1 interview?

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue, 18 Dec 2007

Postby rainschocolate » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:35 pm

llentimes wrote:Rainchocolate will be flying off sometime this week.

Yesyes peekpeckpoke , the height they take will be about2cm shorter. Mine is 164cm, but everytime is measured 162 with them.

rainschocolate
that time u did your chemical peel also a few time izzit??
Im supa upset cause I failed twice skin check @ Sheraton Hotel. The only time i pass skin check was at STC las yr december during the same interview as you.


hmmm but i didn't do chemical peel on my face though. i did on chest and back coz i have those since young and i dun like it. hmmmmmmm
perhaps u wanna go see a doctor abt your skin? coz they're really quite strict wen it comes to skin. i probably have the worse skin in my class. =\\\ serious.
the world at your doorstep.

Silvercess
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon, 28 Apr 2008

Postby Silvercess » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:35 pm

i nv even got pass the first round for the interview..sadded. first time trying..wonder if its cos of braces.

scylus
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2008

Postby scylus » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:36 pm

Silvercess wrote:i nv even got pass the first round for the interview..sadded. first time trying..wonder if its cos of braces.


Jia you~ i believe u can make it.. Dun be disheartened.. try again.

User avatar
llentimes
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat, 26 Jan 2008
Location: dreamer

Postby llentimes » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:38 pm

im going to see a skin specialist to do chemical peel to remove my acne scar. Thanks though
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue, 18 Dec 2007

Postby rainschocolate » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:43 pm

llentimes wrote:im going to see a skin specialist to do chemical peel to remove my acne scar. Thanks though


it'll be fine! ur skin isn;t that bad so i guess u'll have tiptop skin in no time!
hope to see u in stc soon!!!! jiayou!
the world at your doorstep.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest