Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu, 20 Dec 2007

Postby hafiz_ » Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:33 pm

ebony_tear17 wrote:for only 6months?
not longer than that?
because i have a senior in school who had the job waiting for her for a whole good year.


hmm, i was told six months during my management round when i asked them that. yep. :)

jannsiz
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun, 06 Apr 2008

Postby jannsiz » Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:36 pm

yup im going alone.... :???:

User avatar
yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby yingying2888 » Sun, 13 Apr 2008 6:10 pm

rainschocolate wrote:hmm i suggest u can book e TP at 2+pm or smtng? den u can leave during lunch time.lol 1/2 day


glennC: my TP fell on the 3rd day of my training and they wont grant me time off nor half day. i might have to give up my poly graduation ceremony if my SNY clashes with the ceremony.

for time off to take ur driving test, its a definite no, cos that was wat mary told me and STC is very very strict on disciplinary matters like lateness and MCs. now that they are having classes (full day classes) on staurdays, i have to postpone my TP till july after i grad from STC. sigh!
the world at your doorstep

chinger810609
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 17 Jan 2008

Re: returning of contract

Postby chinger810609 » Sun, 13 Apr 2008 9:59 pm

Hi fiefie, may i know how is the contract like? is it 5 yrs, 2 yrs bond? and how much bond? many thinks in advance.

fiefie wrote:hello :oops: does anyone know what's the period by which we need to return the signed contract to mary?

smurfieee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed, 26 Mar 2008
Contact:

Re: returning of contract

Postby smurfieee » Sun, 13 Apr 2008 10:10 pm

chinger810609 wrote:Hi fiefie, may i know how is the contract like? is it 5 yrs, 2 yrs bond? and how much bond? many thinks in advance.

fiefie wrote:hello :oops: does anyone know what's the period by which we need to return the signed contract to mary?


bond period is 2yrs...contract is 5 yrs renewable...there is a gratuity at the end of 5th yr..bond amount 13.4 or 13.6 bah...cant remember is .x

but that 13k is for sure...rates for singaporean and malaysian is different also. malaysian is slightly higher....
::s.m.u.r.f.i.e.e.e::

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun, 23 Dec 2007

Postby Sokeai » Sun, 13 Apr 2008 10:23 pm

Hmm how does most of you peeps mail back the contract, normal or registered post? :?
Hello there!

xxxFenxxx
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri, 11 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby xxxFenxxx » Sun, 13 Apr 2008 11:13 pm

Sokeai wrote:Hmm how does most of you peeps mail back the contract, normal or registered post? :?


hey sokeai, i sent it back through normal mail. I stated my return address in case the mail didnt get through :)

isabelle85
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed, 26 Dec 2007

Postby isabelle85 » Sun, 13 Apr 2008 11:27 pm

yingying2888 wrote:[
for time off to take ur driving test, its a definite no, cos that was wat mary told me and STC is very very strict on disciplinary matters like lateness and MCs. now that they are having classes (full day classes) on staurdays, i have to postpone my TP till july after i grad from STC. sigh!


There is full day lessons on sat now? And weekly quiz? That seems quite a heavy workload. They must be very short of crew...

Btw..how long is the training now? I heard it's 2.5 months.

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun, 23 Dec 2007

Postby Sokeai » Sun, 13 Apr 2008 11:34 pm

xxxFenxxx wrote:
Sokeai wrote:Hmm how does most of you peeps mail back the contract, normal or registered post? :?


hey sokeai, i sent it back through normal mail. I stated my return address in case the mail didnt get through :)


Hi Fen, thanks for replying. Yeah intending to send via normal with the return address too :D
Hello there!

glennC
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed, 19 Dec 2007

Postby glennC » Sun, 13 Apr 2008 11:59 pm

yingying2888 wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:hmm i suggest u can book e TP at 2+pm or smtng? den u can leave during lunch time.lol 1/2 day


glennC: my TP fell on the 3rd day of my training and they wont grant me time off nor half day. i might have to give up my poly graduation ceremony if my SNY clashes with the ceremony.

for time off to take ur driving test, its a definite no, cos that was wat mary told me and STC is very very strict on disciplinary matters like lateness and MCs. now that they are having classes (full day classes) on staurdays, i have to postpone my TP till july after i grad from STC. sigh!


ohh...thanks alot...lucky haven't book yet..

jellybean08
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri, 22 Feb 2008

Postby jellybean08 » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:09 am

isabelle85 wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:[
for time off to take ur driving test, its a definite no, cos that was wat mary told me and STC is very very strict on disciplinary matters like lateness and MCs. now that they are having classes (full day classes) on staurdays, i have to postpone my TP till july after i grad from STC. sigh!


There is full day lessons on sat now? And weekly quiz? That seems quite a heavy workload. They must be very short of crew...

Btw..how long is the training now? I heard it's 2.5 months.



oh gosh ... isnt the trainin 4 mths as stated in the contract ? hmmm .. can anyone who's undergoing trainin now give us more details abt the workload so dat we r mentally prepared for it ? :)

Akire
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby Akire » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:14 am

isabelle85 wrote:There is full day lessons on sat now? And weekly quiz? That seems quite a heavy workload. They must be very short of crew...

Btw..how long is the training now? I heard it's 2.5 months.


Shorten again? Oh man this is going to be like so rushing......

ebony_tear17
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 15 Jun 2006

Postby ebony_tear17 » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:20 am

isabelle85 wrote:
ebony_tear17 wrote:
for only 6months?
not longer than that?
because i have a senior in school who had the job waiting for her for a whole good year.


I think if your notice period is longer than 6 months, you will have to go through another review before they hire u. It is something like a management interview.

They are pretty strict in their kebaya and skin check round, with many of us unsure of what do they look out for in the candidates. All the best for your walk-in interview =).


ouh wells.
id try my luck anw. ty so much isabelle85 & hafiz_.
hope i do get in (:

ebony_tear17
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 15 Jun 2006

Postby ebony_tear17 » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:22 am

[quote="jannsiz"]yup im going alone.... :???:[/quote


would you like me to accompany you?
since i'd be going stag too :D

User avatar
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby Abercrombie » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 4:06 am

isabelle85 wrote: That seems quite a heavy workload. They must be very short of crew...


Many crew cannot take it any more and quit liao, the working condition is becoming from bad to worst... :evil: work is double and $$$ is less :???:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests