Page 1090 of 2112

Posted: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 11:04 am
by hafiz_
congrats geraldine! i'm like so jealous already. haha.

Posted: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 11:24 am
by Sokeai
isabelle: yea! i'm damm excited already! Will be able to see you too!

hafiz: there's a walk in on 27th April, go try? Birthday boy got extra luck :P

Posted: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 12:05 pm
by JadeiteJade
hello...i was like all excited like you all prob 8 mths ago..but right now i juz cant wait for my bond to be over!(n its like a long way to go)...nevertheless,do enjoy your training! :wink:

Posted: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 2:00 pm
by Abercrombie
JadeiteJade wrote: right now i juz cant wait for my bond to be over!(n its like a long way to go)...nevertheless,do enjoy your training! :wink:
Are you missing Home, Boyfriend or your pet??? :P Do try to enjoy your short stay as a stewardess, the work is short, very fast over. Don't always stay in the room and MSN or watch DVD and eat Dry Store. Visit those small towns and places where people don't usually go. During your off days do something useful, take up a hobby. PR very fellow crew is very important, if you don't do that you might have a hard time getting along with them during flight. :wink: cheer up gal.

Posted: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 4:40 pm
by Plavt
Abercrombie wrote: Too bad Boys and Girls can't be buddies as you will be sharing rooms and sometime even bed hahaha :P


:shock: :shock: :shock:

Posted: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 4:44 pm
by Plavt
Abercrombie wrote: Don't always stay in the room and MSN or watch DVD and eat Dry Store. Visit those small towns and places where people don't usually go.
Not such a bad idea; in Britain you can buy Ordanance Survey maps which will show you country footpaths alternatively try looking around the county council websites although do be aware you may find yourself in remote areas.

Posted: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 8:25 pm
by isabelle85
hello people,

Need your help here. Hmm, you all know how long is the ban period if one should fail her medical and want to start all over again from 1st stage (self intro). My friend just failed her medical, and she has no idea why. She is 25 yrs old, very pretty and pass all the way till management round on 1st try. She tried asking the clinic and SIA leh, but they refused to tell her...


Heard before that someone mananged to pass their medical on 2nd try, after failing their first right?

Posted: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 8:40 pm
by Plavt
isabelle85 wrote:hello people,

Need your help here. Hmm, you all know how long is the ban period if one should fail her medical and want to start all over again from 1st stage (self intro). My friend just failed her medical, and she has no idea why. She is 25 yrs old, very pretty and pass all the way till management round on 1st try. She tried asking the clinic and SIA leh, but they refused to tell her...


Heard before that someone mananged to pass their medical on 2nd try, after failing their first right?
That is awful strange and very hard to answer your question. Might be an idea to get an 'overhaul' from her own doctor and see what turns up. Would be better if it was doctor familiar with aviation but such medical personnel would probably be hard to find. :(

Posted: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 8:51 pm
by isabelle85
plavt: But she is very convinced that she has neither flat foot nor curved back. She only has to undergo a ultrasound for her chest, which she is cleared for.

The thing is, we all have to pay a exorbitant amount for all these additional test, but yet, we can't know the results. According to the clinic, everything is confidental. Actually if we do all these extra test at public hospital or Sata, it's easily half the price with nice doctors explaining to you what's wrong with our bodies...

I think, she just want to know, if there is any ban. Meaning if she is to go for 27th April walk in interview, will she get chased away at 1st round?

Posted: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 9:42 pm
by Plavt
isabelle85 wrote: She only has to undergo a ultrasound for her chest, which she is cleared for.

Sorry Isabelle, I don't understand this statement; you say she has failed the medical but she is cleared to go for an ultrasound for her chest?

The problem is doctor is probably going by guidelines set by the airline as each airline may be able to make their own rules effectively becoming 'a law unto themselves.' :( Perhaps you can ask the CAAS, if they are unable to help may be they can suggest your best course of action.

Note: In my experience some doctors are more pernickety than others.

Posted: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 10:02 pm
by isabelle85
Plavt wrote:
isabelle85 wrote: She only has to undergo a ultrasound for her chest, which she is cleared for.
Sorry Isabelle, I don't understand this statement; you say she has failed the medical but she is cleared to go for an ultrasound for her chest?
oh, it means that she had to undergo a ultrasound. It is quite common, out of the 5 of my friends and I who went for the medical test, 3 undergo thru the ultrasound scan, including me. The scan is to check out for lumps in the chest. But all of us cleared that. She was asked to go to a specialist, an extra step, but she did clear it as per what the specialist said. :D

Posted: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 10:21 pm
by Plavt
isabelle85 wrote:[ The scan is to check out for lumps in the chest. But all of us cleared that. She was asked to go to a specialist, an extra step, but she did clear it as per what the specialist said. :D
Well glad to hear that, I am going to hazard a guess that it was the airline's personnel department that turned down the application - the same has happened to me a long time ago. Scenario: Interviewers letter after successful completion of a test to be postman: 'As I explained to you, your employment depends on information supplied to us by our doctor.' Not long after my application was turned down and after much 'huffing and puffing' and complaining I found out from the doctor she never wrote anything! :x That might give you an idea of the kind of nonsense that sometimes goes on and I believe it is worse in Singapore since we at least have a Freedom of Information Act passed by parliament.

I hear the 'ban' which is actually a deferment is 3 months while others have said 6, my advice tell your friend to try again in 3-6 months time if she so inclined.

Posted: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 12:02 am
by angelfrez
SummerZee wrote:
hafiz_ wrote:
SummerZee wrote:Hi Sokeai,

Then your friend is in the last year in SIM? Or you are in the first or second year part time studies?
summerzee, you're in sim as well? :)
Yes, i am. You too?
i'm in sim, finishing yr 3 this june!

Posted: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 3:02 am
by Abercrombie
For SIA you will have to pass the security background check, any record from you (not sure about family members) with the police department will work against you :P This is usually the last step but there are many others considerations which we do not know in their final selection, giving false information, pass employer testimonial ....etc :P

Posted: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 11:49 pm
by yingying2888
SOKEAI!

now that you know you're in work hard for your exams huh! cya at STC on 4th june! =)