Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
smurfieee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed, 26 Mar 2008
Contact:

Postby smurfieee » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:32 am

divine_genie wrote:SIA will not reveal. But 1 who faces what my friend did shouldn't give up. One of my friend failed her medical once, tried after the ban but pass the subsequent one! :)


eh...really meh? got such kind of things? so weird...if fail medical...i thought can give up le...wow... :o

jacqq
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 27 Mar 2008

Postby jacqq » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:33 am

i also haven't submit some documents haha. damn paranoid now at this stage.. hope everything is fine! *cross fingers* update if anyone receives call ok! :)

User avatar
yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby yingying2888 » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:57 am

val_koo and joyce: anyone of you recieved your employment contract already?
the world at your doorstep

fiefie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 28 Mar 2008

Confirmation Call

Postby fiefie » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:20 pm

Hi there,

I went for the March 16 walk-in and did my medical the next day. I only got the confirmation call from SQ this morning telling me that my training will begin on 2 May. So all in all, it's been about a week since the briefing. I don't think you should worry too much about the medical because if there's sth seriously wrong with you, they'd have called you already for your own health's sake. So just hang in there, you'll definitely get the call. :)

Hmm, anyone else starting on 2nd May? :wink:

snazzytrina
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 28 Mar 2008
Contact:

Postby snazzytrina » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:46 pm

hello there... so active in here! i see some familiar nicks... haha anyway!! i went for the march 16th interview, med check/pre-emp briefing on 17th... but due to some medical history thing.. gonna start training only on april 10th!

sooo, whoever wants to add me on msn (lin_trina@hotmail.com), please do! and i'll see u all in a forthnight :D

Sheepy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri, 28 Mar 2008

Postby Sheepy » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:52 pm

Good afternoon everyone :) ,

I'm having some problems here. My sister-in-law suggested that I can try and apply for an interview on becoming an air stewardess in SIA.

However, these are some of the problems that are currently floating around my mind...

    I'm only 17 years old (going 18)
    I only had 2 working experiences (not more then a month for each, temp)
    I have 5 'o' level credits (But will it be sufficient?)
    I do not know how to swim
    I'm under-weight (No matter how much i eat, i'm still under-weight)
    I do not have knowledge on how to have a proper make-up


Would appreciate if any one can help me out with these problems. Thank you in advanced.

Have a nice day! :)

Joycee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue, 21 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby Joycee » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 1:11 pm

yingying2888 wrote:val_koo and joyce: anyone of you recieved your employment contract already?



i just received the employment contract today. Val too. (Help her answer)


ying u got yours?

Joycee

ow_tv
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 04 Oct 2007

Congrats

Postby ow_tv » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 2:37 pm

Hi all,

it has been a while since i looked at this forum. Seems like this time round many of you have made it as an SQ gal. Congratulations to all who have succeeded!

May I know how many of you made it through at your first attempt? Or did you you try more than once before passing everything? I heard from my friend that for the recent interviews they tend to take in newbies who are trying for the first time instead.

Please let me know. Many thanks :)

malik
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun, 16 Mar 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby malik » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 2:39 pm

Joycee wrote:i just received the employment contract today. Val too. (Help her answer)
ying u got yours?
Joycee


ahh.. Joycee i'm still waiting for my email, yet to get!!!sianz..

divine_genie
Member
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri, 29 Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby divine_genie » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 3:59 pm

snazzytrina wrote:hello there... so active in here! i see some familiar nicks... haha anyway!! i went for the march 16th interview, med check/pre-emp briefing on 17th... but due to some medical history thing.. gonna start training only on april 10th!

sooo, whoever wants to add me on msn (lin_trina@hotmail.com), please do! and i'll see u all in a forthnight :D


Hi! Am yr batchmate. Would you mind updating here when u receive yr email from SIA? Checked yesterday night but didn't have. :(

jacqq
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 27 Mar 2008

Postby jacqq » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 5:08 pm

i just received call this morning too! training on april 10, anyone same? add me on msn: jacqq25@hotmail.com

User avatar
Dru
Regular
Regular
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat, 23 Feb 2008

Postby Dru » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 6:21 pm

Sheepy wrote:Good afternoon everyone :) ,

I'm having some problems here. My sister-in-law suggested that I can try and apply for an interview on becoming an air stewardess in SIA.

However, these are some of the problems that are currently floating around my mind...

    I'm only 17 years old (going 18)
    I only had 2 working experiences (not more then a month for each, temp)
    I have 5 'o' level credits (But will it be sufficient?)
    I do not know how to swim
    I'm under-weight (No matter how much i eat, i'm still under-weight)
    I do not have knowledge on how to have a proper make-up

Would appreciate if any one can help me out with these problems. Thank you in advanced.

Have a nice day! :)


    I'm only 17 years old (going 18)
    i was tht age too when i join SQ years back. So long as you're mature enough to handle stress
    I only had 2 working experiences (not more then a month for each, temp)
    So long as you show that you've got what it takes to be in Front Line Customer Service
    I have 5 'o' level credits (But will it be sufficient?)
    think they need at least a diploma now
    I do not know how to swim
    Life saving lessons are conducted with lifevest. But do pick up the skill asap...
    I'm under-weight (No matter how much i eat, i'm still under-weight)
    So long as you look presentable
    I do not have knowledge on how to have a proper make-up
    They give lessons on that


Go ahead and try else you will never find out.....
Life's A Bowl Of Salad...

aliciagloria
Regular
Regular
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu, 20 Dec 2007

Postby aliciagloria » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 7:00 pm

jacqq wrote:i just received call this morning too! training on april 10, anyone same? add me on msn: jacqq25@hotmail.com


Jacq, I thought u r with Emirates? U quit? coz I did post some qns for u under the Emirates thread...

sasadada
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 28 Mar 2008

Postby sasadada » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 8:27 pm

I got the call this afternoon! Starting on the 21st of April! :)
-Super relieved-

Sheepy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri, 28 Mar 2008

Postby Sheepy » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:19 pm

Dru wrote:Go ahead and try else you will never find out.....


Wow thanks! Also, i'm wondering how does the interview goes. Like, i heard that we will have to stand on the stage etc. Will we be interviewed in a room (me & interviewers) or (me, interviewers & people who are waiting). Its my first time here, so i'm kinda curious and wants to prepare for it.

Also, i've check the web and they says 'At least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits including English and working experience'

Many thanks!
Sheepy


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest