Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
intoxicating
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 03 Mar 2008

Postby intoxicating » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 1:56 pm

snowss wrote:if i am not wrong...if u have pte diploma, they will still need ur O levels results as a reference 8-) ...

I heard from a friend tat her sis went for the Feb intake...she only have 3 O levels credit and have a pte diploma...SIA rejected her at the Cert verification round :( ...

But nonetheless, u can try ur luck at the April intake...who knows they 'close one eye'??



:( so sad la.. means i stand no chance le lo.. i dun wanna go there queue up den in the end she told mi i'm not qualify for the interview, very malu leh.. i heard from 1 friend who went for the interview with a private dip, they still allow her in leh.. so dunno which is which.. there goes my dream of flying haiz

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun, 23 Dec 2007

Re: hi..

Postby Sokeai » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 2:37 pm

old_man wrote:hi~ guys/gals..

may i noe for those who failed final for the this 16/03 interview.. how long is the ban?

tks a million!


If you failed at mgmt rd, the ban should be ard 2mths.
Hello there!

User avatar
superpinkystar
Regular
Regular
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon, 05 Dec 2005

Postby superpinkystar » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 3:50 pm

hello people,
just curious.

those who went for the briefing this week at STC after medical, any idea what big the group was?

because for the feb intake, SQ took in around 80 people.
*smile always

jiakel
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri, 29 Feb 2008

Postby jiakel » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 3:51 pm

superpinkystar wrote:hello people,
just curious.

those who went for the briefing this week at STC after medical, any idea what big the group was?

because for the feb intake, SQ took in around 80 people.


hihi! just curious too =) but how did you know that the feb intake is 80 people? outta how many people? thanks!

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu, 20 Sep 2007
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby akiheartfelt » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 3:55 pm

hey jiakel

probably 500plus-600 cos i was one of the last few groups on feb, and my group no. was 50something :)

jiakel
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri, 29 Feb 2008

Postby jiakel » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 3:56 pm

akiheartfelt wrote:hey jiakel

probably 500plus-600 cos i was one of the last few groups on feb, and my group no. was 50something :)


ooh! icic.. yeah i think i was quite far behind too. i rem that day i was quite surprised at the relatively small turn out. mostly about 1000+ people turn up. you got in too right? =)

User avatar
Dru
Regular
Regular
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat, 23 Feb 2008

Postby Dru » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 3:58 pm

Hey Peeps,

am curious.. did they do away with the water confidence test?
Life's A Bowl Of Salad...

User avatar
superpinkystar
Regular
Regular
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon, 05 Dec 2005

Postby superpinkystar » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 4:04 pm

jiakel wrote:
superpinkystar wrote:hello people,
just curious.

those who went for the briefing this week at STC after medical, any idea what big the group was?

because for the feb intake, SQ took in around 80 people.


hihi! just curious too =) but how did you know that the feb intake is 80 people? outta how many people? thanks!


oh,
that day i went for briefing. i kpo kpo abit ask them how many people got in for feb. so they told me around 80 like that.

so was wondering for march intake, is it around there.
*smile always

jiakel
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri, 29 Feb 2008

Postby jiakel » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 4:06 pm

Dru wrote:Hey Peeps,

am curious.. did they do away with the water confidence test?


yup they did =) tea session is not included anymore either. just self-intro, kebaya, skin, 1 to 1, management

jiakel
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri, 29 Feb 2008

Postby jiakel » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 4:08 pm

superpinkystar wrote:oh,
that day i went for briefing. i kpo kpo abit ask them how many people got in for feb. so they told me around 80 like that.

so was wondering for march intake, is it around there.


ooh okie icic.. most of the time around 10% will make the cut, i would think march should be around the same. but yup, anyone knows?

User avatar
Dru
Regular
Regular
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat, 23 Feb 2008

Postby Dru » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 4:24 pm

jiakel wrote:
Dru wrote:Hey Peeps,

am curious.. did they do away with the water confidence test?


yup they did =) tea session is not included anymore either. just self-intro, kebaya, skin, 1 to 1, management


Wah... wat a bargain...
Had to go through both during my time...
Its so much easier these days..... :lol:
Life's A Bowl Of Salad...

jiakel
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri, 29 Feb 2008

Postby jiakel » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 4:27 pm

Dru wrote:Wah... wat a bargain...
Had to go through both during my time...
Its so much easier these days..... :lol:


yeah it's much easier for us! i heard it's 'cos they're rather short handed so no one is there to manage the WCT and tea session. plus they do need lots more FAs so might be easier to get in. but then again, it seems like the intake is still 10% each walk-in, like the past walk-ins

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu, 20 Sep 2007
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby akiheartfelt » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 5:49 pm

Ya 10% but with more frequent walk ins, so that makes it more still. They'd rather hold walk ins more frequently than to take in a higher percentage so i guess they're still trying to maintain some sort of a standard, or an image of being extremely selective.

But the same people keep trying haha... so end up both the sq staff and interviewees burn up more weekends :D

malik
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun, 16 Mar 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby malik » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 7:15 pm

tmr's my pre-employment briefing, any idea do we need to be in formal or can go casual? tnx

missmyhivy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu, 21 Dec 2006

ATTN INDONESIAN CABIN-CREW-TO-BE

Postby missmyhivy » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 7:23 pm

ID Crew-to-be,

Would like to use this post to make new friends with Indonesia's CC newbies!
Wondering whether they still recruit gals in Jakarta... Kindly share some stories? Or perhaps any of you are coming can look for me,when I'm not flying:) Or drop email at missmyhivy@yahoo.com. Thanks......


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests