Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jiakel
Regular
Regular

Post by jiakel » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 8:30 pm

malik wrote:
cardinail wrote:hi, can i chk wif u hw long does the whole medical takes? thanx!! :P
i went after the clinic's lunch hour(1-2pm). the whole check up including the x-ray took only 1 hour.
yes yes i hope you're not unlucky like me haha.. cos i went at 12plus.. only managed to take the eye test, weight and height, xray and they told me to come back after 2 for doc's consulation. guess they need their lunch time. and the consulation was only 2 min, after i waited for ard 2 hours haha. so i kinda wasted half a day there =/ so either go early or after 2!

cardinail

Post by cardinail » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 8:33 pm

malik wrote:
cardinail wrote:hi, can i chk wif u hw long does the whole medical takes? thanx!! :P
i went after the clinic's lunch hour(1-2pm). the whole check up including the x-ray took only 1 hour.

okie!! thanx a million~ :D

malik

Post by malik » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 9:27 pm

jiakel wrote:i went after the clinic's lunch hour(1-2pm). the whole check up including the x-ray took only 1 hour.
yes yes i hope you're not unlucky like me haha.. cos i went at 12plus.. only managed to take the eye test, weight and height, xray and they told me to come back after 2 for doc's consulation. guess they need their lunch time. and the consulation was only 2 min, after i waited for ard 2 hours haha. so i kinda wasted half a day there =/ so either go early or after 2![/quote]

woahaha.. infect i lost my way then was driving around orchard n finally reached at arnd 1.45pm.

hey btw did they do a blood test for u? i din't get a blood test. my doc said everything is good n asked me to go for the x-ray, wat ya doc said?

malik

Post by malik » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 9:29 pm

cardinail wrote:okie!! thanx a million~ :D
Welcome, Good luck for ya medical!!

anyone else went for the medical and had ya blood test done?

jiakel
Regular
Regular

Post by jiakel » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 9:30 pm

malik wrote: woahaha.. infect i lost my way then was driving around orchard n finally reached at arnd 1.45pm.

hey btw did they do a blood test for u? i din't get a blood test. my doc said everything is good n asked me to go for the x-ray, wat ya doc said?
hmm.. nope no blood test. i read somewhere that blood test's only for foreigners? i went for all the tests before seeing the doc. i think it was near closing time so she was damn quick haha. just rattled off a list of ailments and asked if i had any history. then check breasts, stomach and that's all! that's why it was only 2 mins haha =)

cardinail

Post by cardinail » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 9:38 pm

jiakel wrote:
malik wrote: woahaha.. infect i lost my way then was driving around orchard n finally reached at arnd 1.45pm.

hmm.. nope no blood test. i read somewhere that blood test's only for foreigners? i went for all the tests before seeing the doc. i think it was near closing time so she was damn quick haha. just rattled off a list of ailments and asked if i had any history. then check breasts, stomach and that's all! that's why it was only 2 mins haha =)

so preferbly go after 2pm?? but the timing on the letter state tt the clinic's operating hrs is 9am till 3pm on mon to fri leh... any urine test?

jiakel
Regular
Regular

Post by jiakel » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:00 pm

cardinail wrote:
so preferbly go after 2pm?? but the timing on the letter state tt the clinic's operating hrs is 9am till 3pm on mon to fri leh... any urine test?
yup either after 2 or really early. theres urine test, eye check, weight and height, colour blindness check, xray, consultation thats all

cardinail

Post by cardinail » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:04 pm

jiakel wrote:
cardinail wrote:
yup either after 2 or really early. theres urine test, eye check, weight and height, colour blindness check, xray, consultation thats all

great!! thanx for all ur help~

jiakel
Regular
Regular

Post by jiakel » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:05 pm

cardinail wrote:
jiakel wrote:
cardinail wrote:

great!! thanx for all ur help~
yup no prob! update us on your med results and maybe we can end up being batchmates! im still waiting for my training dates, most prob in june

malik

Post by malik » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:06 pm

cardinail wrote:so preferbly go after 2pm?? but the timing on the letter state tt the clinic's operating hrs is 9am till 3pm on mon to fri leh... any urine test?
Exactly 2 would be perfect! n yeah make sure u take sufficient water!! Urine test. waiting time for x-ray was longer than consultations and stuff.

cardinail

Post by cardinail » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:10 pm

jiakel wrote:
yup no prob! update us on your med results and maybe we can end up being batchmates! im still waiting for my training dates, most prob in june

yup! sure i will~ but hw cum haf to wait till june for ur training? tt seems a little long isnt it?

malik

Post by malik » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:14 pm

jiakel wrote:yup no prob! update us on your med results and maybe we can end up being batchmates! im still waiting for my training dates, most prob in june
June? need to wait so long meh? i heard from a fren SIA got lots of training intakes in a year. won't it be anytime before May or infect in April?

jiakel
Regular
Regular

Post by jiakel » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:15 pm

cardinail wrote:yup! sure i will~ but hw cum haf to wait till june for ur training? tt seems a little long isnt it?
'cos im only graduating in may =) exams early may and my final year report's submission is late may. so i told mary i can start in june. so still waiting for her to call me for bond signing and training dates =)

cardinail

Post by cardinail » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:15 pm

malik wrote:
cardinail wrote:so preferbly go after 2pm?? but the timing on the letter state tt the clinic's operating hrs is 9am till 3pm on mon to fri leh... any urine test?
Exactly 2 would be perfect! n yeah make sure u take sufficient water!! Urine test. waiting time for x-ray was longer than consultations and stuff.

alrite!! really appreciate!! u haf been so helpful~ :D

cardinail

Post by cardinail » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:39 pm

jiakel wrote:
cardinail wrote:yup! sure i will~ but hw cum haf to wait till june for ur training? tt seems a little long isnt it?
'cos im only graduating in may =) exams early may and my final year report's submission is late may. so i told mary i can start in june. so still waiting for her to call me for bond signing and training dates =)

oh no wonder... gd luck for all our medical n see ya soon in stc ya~ :D