Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri, 14 Dec 2007

Postby purple.sara » Fri, 14 Mar 2008 12:08 pm

Best of luck for those going to this sun's recruitment... :D

shaky
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu, 24 Nov 2005
Location: singapore

...

Postby shaky » Fri, 14 Mar 2008 3:32 pm

is 28 too old for being air steward?
the grass is greener on the other side.

jiahuipiggy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri, 22 Feb 2008

Postby jiahuipiggy » Fri, 14 Mar 2008 3:55 pm

hey... like to ask..
did anyone went for the interview with n level then nitec cert?
did they accept when they are doing the check?

User avatar
llentimes
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat, 26 Jan 2008
Location: dreamer

Postby llentimes » Fri, 14 Mar 2008 5:05 pm

To jiahuipiggy,
SIA minimum edu requirements is 5 GCE 'O' level credit including english. The staff will check the application form before taking your height.
Well, U can still try but not...

To shaky,
I tink steward doesnt have any maximum age. You should just go and try and give all your best.

Good Luck!
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

User avatar
llentimes
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat, 26 Jan 2008
Location: dreamer

Postby llentimes » Fri, 14 Mar 2008 6:10 pm

To all going for 16th, U might wanna watch this moivation video!
All the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b1GKGWJ ... re=related
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

thoo16
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 10 Mar 2008
Location: Singapore

Question

Postby thoo16 » Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:54 pm

Pardon my ignorance, but isit necessary to bun/tie up the hair for the interview? Appreciate your reply. Thanks!

jiakel
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri, 29 Feb 2008

Re: Question

Postby jiakel » Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:57 pm

thoo16 wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but isit necessary to bun/tie up the hair for the interview? Appreciate your reply. Thanks!


hi! its not necessary.. but it'll be good to bun it up. cos during the kebaya round, all the gals hafta bun it up so that their skin can be checked while wearing the kebaya. so if you've alr bunned it, you won't waste time fussing about your hair.

User avatar
llentimes
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat, 26 Jan 2008
Location: dreamer

Postby llentimes » Sat, 15 Mar 2008 12:05 am

thoo16,

I think if you look nicer with your hair down, then maybe you should just let your hair down. If you do, just bring along a rubber band just like jiakel said, during Kebaya, the interviewer will require you to tie up your hair.
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

stripes
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon, 10 Dec 2007

Postby stripes » Sat, 15 Mar 2008 12:09 am

llentimes wrote:Hey stripes,
were u given a ban when u failed mgt last mth??


No.

User avatar
llentimes
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat, 26 Jan 2008
Location: dreamer

Postby llentimes » Sat, 15 Mar 2008 12:27 am

Oic stripes,

Thats great!

Then u just go ahead for the interview. But tell them the truth and your suitation that you werent given a ban.

They do check computer upon receiving applicatio form and THEY WILL KNOW.
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

thoo16
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 10 Mar 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby thoo16 » Sat, 15 Mar 2008 12:45 am

Ok noted. Thanks for the reply.

beautiful_river
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue, 26 Feb 2008

Re: protruding veins

Postby beautiful_river » Sat, 15 Mar 2008 2:21 am

dreamchaser wrote:hi,

my 2 cents worth of advice based on my personal experience....
the spotlights are bright but the ballroom is quite dimly lighted...my veins r also quite visible on the hands and i also have a small scar on my wrist...but totally not visible under the spotlights....i believe SIA is looking for prominent scars which cannot be hidden even with concealer...i can conceal the scar on my wrist.

most importantly, yr face cannot have visible acne scars under the spotlights...they mind that a lot...no tatooes on neck and hands! They will ask u to smile to see yr teeth. no need perfect teeth but at least check for oral hygiene. remember to SMILE =)

btw, have u attempted before? coz u mentioned yr veins were prominent under the spotlight...


Hi dreamchaser,

Yes I went for the last interview in Feb.. and the vein was quite visible under the spot light.. somehow i even think that its especially obvious under the spotlight, cuz mine is those protruding out veins.. not jus the green ones on the skin surface.. hmm but i do hav one or two slight darken dots cuz i jus had my chicken pox about 3 weeks ago.. not sure if i got booted out cuz of the veins or the dots.. but its only really TWO small dots..

And I got another question, if I were to try again this coming 16th, will they be biased against my application since i jus got booted out in Feb.. Feb is my 1st attempt.. any advice?

jiakel
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri, 29 Feb 2008

Re: protruding veins

Postby jiakel » Sat, 15 Mar 2008 2:27 am

beautiful_river wrote:
And I got another question, if I were to try again this coming 16th, will they be biased against my application since i jus got booted out in Feb.. Feb is my 1st attempt.. any advice?


hi! dont worry about being booted out in feb. i tried for it last dec and got booted out in the skin test (too little sleep, too many pimples haha) but i tried again in feb and got in! waiting for training schedule now. but they did ask me at the kebaya round why i got booted out last time and i just replied honestly that i just finished exams last dec so i had lack of sleep, thus failing the skin test. and i told them how i improve on my condition (sleep earlier). and i got through the skin round! they asked again in the management round and i said the same thing and they asked me if changing my routine by sleeping early helped me in my daily life and i said yes 'cos i feel more focused and energised.

so dont give up! many girls tried soooo many times before they finally get in. but believe in yourself and as long as you show that you are willing to change for the better, they will know and acknowledge it! good luck!

jellybean08
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri, 22 Feb 2008

Re: protruding veins

Postby jellybean08 » Sat, 15 Mar 2008 2:32 am

jiakel wrote:
beautiful_river wrote:
And I got another question, if I were to try again this coming 16th, will they be biased against my application since i jus got booted out in Feb.. Feb is my 1st attempt.. any advice?


hi! dont worry about being booted out in feb. i tried for it last dec and got booted out in the skin test (too little sleep, too many pimples haha) but i tried again in feb and got in! waiting for training schedule now. but they did ask me at the kebaya round why i got booted out last time and i just replied honestly that i just finished exams last dec so i had lack of sleep, thus failing the skin test. and i told them how i improve on my condition (sleep earlier). and i got through the skin round! they asked again in the management round and i said the same thing and they asked me if changing my routine by sleeping early helped me in my daily life and i said yes 'cos i feel more focused and energised.

so dont give up! many girls tried soooo many times before they finally get in. but believe in yourself and as long as you show that you are willing to change for the better, they will know and acknowledge it! good luck!




hihi .. feel encouraged aft havin read ya entry =) any idea wads the max age to apply as a stewardess? :???:

jiakel
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri, 29 Feb 2008

Re: protruding veins

Postby jiakel » Sat, 15 Mar 2008 2:35 am

jellybean08 wrote:hihi .. feel encouraged aft havin read ya entry =) any idea wads the max age to apply as a stewardess? :???:


hmm... i've heard many different opinions regarding this so i'm not exactly very sure. there's apparently no official age limit but i would think as long as you're 20+ it's fine? 'cos i've heard of people in their early 30s getting in too. =)

not sure if anyone else can clarify?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron